|Fits as expected||
|You Save:||$80.01 (44%)|
- Zipper front with toggle button closure
- Two flap button and two zip pockets at waist, one chest zip pocket, and one zip and one flap arm pockets, and interior pockets
- Approx. length from center back: 37"
- Shell: 100% polyester; Lining: 100% nylon; Filling: 550 fill power (80% down, 20% Feathers)
- BGSD is a U.S.A. designed and trademarked brand. All BGSD label merchandise will always include original brand tags and labels.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Keep warm in a longer length, stylish and comfortable down coat. The hooded coat features chevron-quilted and princess seams for slim fit and knit collar and cuffs for an extra warmth.
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005D7F6EA
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 18, 2011
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
This jacket really is very nice looking and based on reviews I got a size larger so I could wear lots of chunky layers so size is fine. I, too, like the knit internal cuffs and the neck. I realize it makes the jacket a bit less pretty, but in the cold, comfort counts more than cute. Love the toggle buttons and the dual pockets and have used the hood often on windy days. Really a very nice coat, just not great as your only coat for super cold weather. BTW, I have lost two or three feathers, but nothing that concerns me at all.
1. The fur trimmed hood slouched forward so much on my face that it obstructed my vision! Maybe that would be good for super windy days, though definitely not good for being able to see where you are going! There was no way to make the hood work, at all. Unless you are an eskimo, I would not recommend it.
2. The bottom opening of the jacket was HUGE. I mean HUGE. I could probably fit ten pairs of my legs in there! The fit from the shoulders to the waist was snug, but the bottom was ridiculous! Keep in mind, I ordered a SMALL. I stepped outside on a cold winter day to test the warmth and I was SHOCKED as the wind went right up my jacket! I was shivering with every gust of wind! Thus completely defeating the purpose of this jacket and the wonderful down feathers it is filled with. I am shocked. How could a manufacturer use such quality materials and overlook a design flaw of such importance?! It is a poor waste of beautiful down feathers, which are very fine thermal insulators and padding. I feel it is a true waste of great material.
In summary: If you really want this jacket and are a great seamstress/tailor, or will take it to one, go ahead. Though you WILL need to make alterations. I do not sew, so I do not know if it is possible.
I find it absolutely LUDICROUS that this cut made it to the manufacturing stage.
The fur actually looks attractive. The length is good and the pockets are very nice to have. it feels understated even with the large buttons. I have, however, found a couple tiny feathers on my sweater after wearing it-- just twice, one teeny tiny feather each time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful and good quality. Everytime I wear it I get compliments..Published 1 month ago by Ruth Narvaez
I really like this comforter. I wasn't sure it fit but it does and it is great. It bunches a little more than expected at the top but overall I am happy.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Beautiful coat! Wonderful coat! Would buy again but I know this one will last a long time. Thank-you so muchPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
im 5'2 and 110 lbs. the coat fits perfect, very warm and stylishPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
It's seems little large , but I'm om with it .It's comfy with the crazy weather we have here .I'm not complaining. I love it and thank you're.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a wonderful coat - it looks great and it's very warm. It's slightly larger than another BGSD coat I own but not by too much (my other BGSD coat fits better). Read morePublished 5 months ago by Asja
I love this coat! I did a lot of research before deciding on this one and I'm very happy with it. It fits just right. I got a small and it comes to a couple inches below my knees. Read morePublished 5 months ago by holly