Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 27, 2015
Better than expected - This is the best Center I have ever had - We use it in my large living area and has made a world of difference, Both the vocal for TV audio as well as music - outstanding - use with a Denon AVR-S900w 7.2 - Clear
Update: 2/2016 - Speaker just keeps getting better. great clarity and voice. Will update as time goes by.
4 helpful votes
on December 3, 2015
Very good center channel speaker for movies. A bit in your face for music. But God made EQs for a reason. Is it a Martin Logan Cinema? Be serious. But for the money, I can't see a down side.
on May 18, 2011
Let me start by saying I'm very selective of center channel speakers. To me, they are the most important speaker of the system as they do most of the work. When I decided some time ago that I wanted to upgrade my Polk center, I set off trialing several centers, including some that were thousands of dollars. With my system, I'm able to keep my existing center in place, and switch to a new center and do a direct comparison. I've never been satisfied until I found the PL-28. I could not believe the difference it made between it and my existing setup. After replaying several movie scenes that are excellent to test centers, I was shocked at sounds I was hearing that I could never hear before. This one is definitely a keeper, and what a great price at $169.

Keep in mind that this is taller, and maybe a little wider than most center channel speakers. I had to make custom adjustments to my shelf unit to get it to fit....but it's so worth it. Glad I read the positive reviews here and at AVSForum before purchasing.....they were all right...this is an amazing speaker!
14 helpful votes
15 helpful votes
on June 25, 2015
Incredible! Installed in our home theater powered by an older RXV-657 Yamaha receiver. I ran the 'Auto' equlizer with the mic on a tripod at the center of the listening area. The horn made all the difference in the world for crystal clear vocals.
on July 3, 2014
I got this speaker in two days after I ordered, it was packaged just right, double boxed. The PL-28II center speaker, I'm using the FH-65B for front left and right because I don't have room for tower speakers and PL-66 for surround.
My set up is powered by my TX-NR 818 and I have plenty of power to drive everything.
I just ran audyssey x32 speaker configuration,Audyssey set the fronts FH-65B speakers at 40Hz my center PL-28II is set at 90Hz , surrounds PL-66 are at 120Hz and wides DV62si at 70Hz highs are Micca in wall speakers that are high above front left and right are almost to the ceiling. They are at 40Hz and the back speakers in the ceiling behind me set at 120Hz and of cource the subs are 120Hz .
Going to leave it like this for a week or so and then run audessy x32 again and see what it settles to after a so called break in.
The speaker sounds great.
I have my TX-NR 818 in listening Mode DTS Neo:X I go back and forth between that and Audyssey DSX. I've been reading about reference level they say to listen at 0db but it much too loud -15 seems to be more or should I say loud enough.

Update
TX-NR
I just moved the speakers around I moved the FH-65s to the wides the PL-66s to front mains and using the DV62si as surrounds and of course the PL-28II AS THE CENTER. The PL-66s match beautifully with the PL-28II and the from three speakers are very amazing, and the sound is incredibly great. My Speaker configuration came in after running audyssey front 100Hz center 90Hz surround 70Hz wide 40Hz high 40Hz surround back 120Hz. So there you have it I'm going to give this a try for a week and run audyssey once again and see what I come up with after a good break in.....
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 16, 2015
Great speaker for the money better than the klipsch center speaker I'm going to all bic price is great and the sound is amazing.
on February 24, 2015
I did a lot of research before purchasing this (Along with an Acoustech 15" sub and front channel speakers, PL-89), and I'm glad I finally decided on Acoustech for my living room sound system. The speakers sound great and are honestly a bit smaller than I thought. They look great as well and don't take up too much room. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for good speakers at a reasonable price.
on September 24, 2017
Very Good speaker for the money extremely efficient at moderate power
on October 4, 2015
Overall happy with this speaker. I would DEFINITELY recommend. Great bang for buck.
on February 28, 2014
Outstanding speakers from BIC Acoustech !!!!! Great sound!!! You will be so happy you bought it!! You will want to buy other BIC Acoustech speakers for the rest of your system !!!!!!!!!!