BISSELL 1867 Steam Mop Bare Floor Steam Cleaner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Steam-mop for chemical-free cleaning of bare floors
- Ready to clean in 30 seconds
- Low-profile pivoting head, ergonomic handle, and steam trigger
- Safe on marble, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, linoleum, and sealed hardwood
- 7-1/2 by 10-1/2 by 45-1/2 inches; weighs 6.9 pounds
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Bissell Steam Mop Bare Floor Steam Cleaner - the most environmentally safe and thorough way to clean your bare floors
The Bissell steam mop for bare floors is ready to blast away grime in just 30 seconds and gets the job done without the use of chemicals or detergents. Powered by a tank of tap water, the mop shoots steam out of its 10-1/2-inch floor nozzle when you pull the handle trigger. The machine-washable terry-cloth mop pad wipes up the results. Slim and lightweight, the mop features an easily maneuvered swivel head with a conveniently shallow profile for under cabinets and shelves. It is safe for use on marble, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, linoleum, and sealed hardwoodsall of which should dry after cleaning in a matter of seconds. An externally mounted filter features color-changing beads to indicate when it needs replacing. The machine can be used with distilled water to prolong the filters life. The mop runs approximately 15 minutes on one tank, and speedy set-up and heating time means you can be cleaning again within a few minutes. Nice details include a comfortable handle, a ready indicator light, an extra mop cover, a built-in carrying handle, a wall-mount storage bracket, and quick-release cord hooks. Bissell also includes a one-year warranty. --Emily Bedard
Top customer reviews
6 months later, however, it quit steaming. I am so disappointed, I can't complain loud enough. It doesn't matter that you use only distilled water; it will just stop working.
UPDATE / SEPTEMBER 2007 (3 years later): The thrill of newness has worn off. It still works as well as it ever did and I really like the washability of the pads, but they eventually get too dirty despite washings and it's difficult to purchase new ones. This mop usually ends up staying inside the closet.
Updated in 2008 to add--my mop is still going strong--still recommended!
This mop is great! A conventional mop and bucket is no comparison. It is fun to use and does a great job at cleaning my vinyl flooring. I had abandoned the old standard sponge mop and had been down on my hands and knees with a rag to get my floor spotlessly clean like I like it. NO MORE! I feel free at last! Now, my baby can crawl on the floor without me worrying about what she is getting on herself.
My three boys (14, 10, 8) tried it, too, so although it is heavier than a regular sponge mop, it is managable. The swivel head is wonderful--I even mopped between the wall and the washing machine in my laundry room--about a 7 inch space.
It is easy to assemble (my 8-year-old and I did it in 2 minutes). You just need a philips head screwdriver. If you want to hang it on the wall with the included hook, you will need a drill, and maybe some wall anchors.
I took the advice of many offered here and purchased extra cleaning pads. They are a tad tricky to get on, I put the steam mop on the counter so I can get the pad on properly. I think the little cord thing could have been better designed, but the pads have held up well, I wash them on hot and dry them on hot, I haven't noticed any shrinkage.
The steam mop cleans so well, I love that I can blow through my 1800 square feet of hard flooring (tile and sealed Bamboo) with under 2 reservoir tanks. I use distilled water and haven't had any trouble with the filter.
Pros - what's not to love?
- It cleans very well. Even dried baby food, bananas, and other sticky messes come up after letting it steam for a few seconds.
- small and compact, easy to store.
- Uses only water and cleans better than the popular yet difficult to use, Floormate.
- It's very quiet. I can clean after my kids are in bed, the soft steaming noise doesn't disturb anyone. Even down the hall, right outside their bedrooms.
- I'm tall so it's a little short for me, I find myself hunching over it a bit.
- It does take some effort to push, but it cleans overall more quickly than the powered Floormate.
- Like any machine, it can't get right up close to the walls, so every so often I've got to get down on my hands and knees and wash right up next to the baseboards and cabinets. But it does fit under the cabinets with its low profile head.
I'm so sorry Bissell isn't making this anymore, my mom, mother in law, and friends all want to purchase one.
Most recent customer reviews
1. The mop leaked like heck after filling it up.Read more