Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BISSELL 19603 Quicksteamer Plus Lightweight Deep Cleaner
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 12, 2003
I am new to do-it-yourself carpet cleaning and have always paid someone else to come and do it for me. But I recently bought my son a dog for his birthday (to add to our collection of 3 rabbits, 1 chinchilla, 1 hamster, 4 degus, 2 fish and a toddler) and we live in an apartment next to a river - this means lots of MUD and PET and FOOD messes on my carpet. Plus my son has allergies - dust mite. I bought this machine because I wanted to be able to clean my carpets whenever I want - not wait for an appointment and pay around $80 / cleaning! (And the carpet guys didn't even move my furniture for me!) Plus, when having every room cleaned at once, where am I supposed to move my furniture anyway? So I thought I'd try this and I LOVE it. My carpet is SO clean - it got old spots out and you should have seen the dirty water tank - YUCK! Totally easy to setup and use - I am cleaning the carpets every week now. (Seriously) It's almost fun! I recommend the Bissel carpet detergent in the green bottle - the allergy stuff with Scotchguard. It works great and smells nice, without being too strong. Strong smells are bad for people with allergies. They even give you a free bottle to try in the box with the machine. How nice. Now I sound like I work for Bissel - which I don't - but I am just so happy that for once, I got MORE than I paid for. Thank you, Bissel. I am so happy with my purchase - I am going to tell everybody I know about this.
"We Mean Clean" is Bissell's motto, and they live up to it in this lightweight beauty.
For small areas, and carpets that do not need a heavy-duty machine, this is ideal. I was horrified at how nasty the liquid in the "Dirty Water Tank" was the first time I used it, and amazed at how soft my rugs were after only one cleaning. I have almost wall-to-wall Persian rugs (I filled the "Clean Water Tank" with warm instead of hot water for them), with terrific results. A "rug expert" might scream "carpet abuse" at using a Bissell on Persians, but these are tough old Iranian tribal rugs, and seem to be very happy in their immaculate, fresh-smelling state, and have never looked better, with a velvety texture and lustrous colors. It also works wonders with the less than ideal carpeting under my rugs, that came with the apartment.
It is very simple to assemble; all you will need is a Phillips head screwdriver and about 5 minutes. The components are easily removed from the body of the machine to fill, empty and clean, and the only thing I would give a word of caution to, is that if you want to empty the "Clean Water Tank", not to unscrew the opening at the bottom, but use the filling hole, with its "Formula Measuring Cap", instead. The bottom opening, which has the nozzle that sends the water into the cleaning aparatus, is hard to screw back on, and if not done correctly, will cause a leak.
As someone who likes everything spiffy-spotless, and lives with two four-pawed friends that manage to cough up at least a couple of hair-balls each a week, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I also like walking barefoot, and love the clean, soft feel under my toes.
on October 29, 2003
I considered renting a machine after a few potty training accidents, when a friend offered to lend me this machine. After years of throwing money into heavy rentals, I was soooo pleased to try this out. It is so light and easy to handle! I ended up using it thru the whole house. It does a great job without leaving the carpets soaked. You can bet I'll be getting one for myself.
(tightwad hint: use just a tablespoon of Windex with hot tap water. It works just as well as those expensive carpet cleaning solutions)
on January 1, 2002
I would definitely NOT recommend this steam cleaner. It constantly clogs, leaks, doesn't release the spray and is very inconsistent in it's cleaning ability. I purchased it primarily as a "spot" cleaner but would recommend the hand held spot cleaner (it's a pain to drag out and get set up with water etc for cleaning such a small area) or spend the extra money (which I stupidly was trying to avoid) on a good quality large area steam cleaner. Definitely not worth $99!
on October 3, 2002
I love this product! Cleaned up stains in my carpet from over a year ago. It didn't leave my carpet soaking wet like usual either, it dried in less than an hour with my sliding glass door open. Very light and easy to manuever. Changing the old water is so simple too.
on June 10, 2002
I am so happy with how clean my capeting is after using the Quicksteamer that I am telling everyone I know. The entryways into my house were so dirty from the snow and salt of winter that I had to do something. After some careful shopping, I decided the Quicksteamer would serve my needs and my budget the best. It was very easy to put together and I was using it within 5 minutes of getting it out of the box. It was pretty gross seeing how dirty the water was that came back out of the carpet. I can't believe I waited this long to buy one of these. Thanks Bissell for such a great cleaner.
on December 22, 2003
We bought this steam cleaner because we needed something that we could quickly pull out to clean our carpet after dog accidents. It has been wonderful. I am so impressed with the cleaning abilities on this little machine. While it may not be the best choice if you want to do your entire house, it is perfect to keep in the closet and pull out at a moment's notice for spills. It is amazing to see how dirty the water is when I go to dump it out. I also found that if you run the Bissel over the cleaned spot until no more water is pulled out, the carpet will dry very quickly afterwards.
A must have if you are like us and have an old dog who is having some problems remembering where he is supposed to do his business. My anxiety about my carpets has been completely relieved with this machine.
on August 14, 2002
I got this machine because my son is just about allergic to everything and I didn't want to rent and/or lug out a monster machine. This Bissell does everything as advertised, is lightweight and compact enough to store in the closet easily. If you're looking for something that really deep cleans, this isn't it, but for a periodic once-over, it's fantastic!
A statisfied customer
on March 30, 2003
My front door opens right on the living room/dining room rug and everyone is too lazy to walk around the house to the back door. Consequently, all traffice comes and goes through my front door. I rented carpet machines; I paid for carpet cleaners to come and clean my rug with truck mounted systems; I even bought one of those canister cleaners. Every option was inconvenient or a lot of work. (We were so tired from hauling the canister up from the cellar and assembling it, that we only did the rug once a year!) When I saw this light and easy gizmo, I thought that I had it made. Once a month I would zap the rug by the front door. Well, I might have waited too long, but each time I did the rug, I wound up going over it twice with the soapy water and three times with clear water to rinse and the water was still dirty! And it took almost 2 hours! We don't have any dogs. It is just the two of us most of the time so I think the reservoir is so small that it just doesn't hold enough to properly clean the dirt in the rug. Yes, I still use it between times, but I am now hunting for macho machine to really clean my rug.
on November 26, 2003
In April 2002 with six kittens not yet housebroken and shoulders injured from a car accident, I decided to purchase the Bissell Quicksteamer. Its light weight and small size suits my small place fine, and I've used it probably on average every six weeks on my offwhite berber, so it has been a handy, fine investment when compared to renting a rug doctor at $20 a pop. I ordered an extra attachment for using on my vinyl flooring, since it ships only with the carpet tool.
To get best results, you must be certain to vacumn as much water up as possible. On hard floors, the Quicksteamer leaves little puddles that will dry unevenly. I like using Oxyclean as well as Bissell's multi-allergen formula. However, because the Quicksteamer has no attachments, cleaning the edges and corners of the carpet is next to impossible. The machine can clog up a bit with hair and debris getting in both the water uptake and the little red thingamajig, but you can use a knife to clean the water uptake. I also found that that pressing on the detent lever to move the handle back from stationary upright position to an angle for operating usage can be difficult when the dirty water tank is empty and that you have to either lightly step on the spray bar or lean over and hold it down to get ready for use. There's a lot of leakage from the spray bar when the dirty water tank is being emptied, too.
I'm greatly disappointed that the machine's motor decided to burn out just six months after its one year warranty ended. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. So if you want a product that is easy to use, purchase this, but you may need to replace it sooner than you think! My replacement purchase will be something more substantial that allows me to clean upholstery, which is not possible with the Quicksteamer.

See 1 answered question