4 Year Housewares Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Bissell Smart Purifier with HEPA and Carbon Filters for Large Room and Home, Quiet Bedroom Air Cleaner for Allergies, Pets, Dust, Dander, Pollen, Smoke, Odors, Auto Mode, air220, 2609A
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.3 x 14.75 x 25 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||18.25 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets . Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- 3 Stage Filtration. Includes a fabric pre-filter, an activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and pet dander.
- Honeycomb-Structured Filter. Activated carbon filter captures gases and VOC’s, including odors from pets, cooking, smoke, and other common household odors.
- Automated CirQulate System. Monitors and provides colored-coded, indoor air quality feedback and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed.
- Peaceful Sleeping Environment. Whisper-quiet fan speed option and automated night mode make it the perfect addition to bedrooms.
- Integrated and Functional Design. Complements any living space with front panel filter access, convenient and discreet cord wrap, and intuitive controls.
- Accommodating Size. Filters the air in an 800 sq. ft. room one time every hour, making it great for bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms.
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy Filter Access
The air220’s filters are easily accessible from the front, meaning the air purifier can be placed against the wall and out of the way.
Rear cord storage and concealment solution means less extra cord lying on the ground.
Soft Touch Dial
Intuitive single-touchpoint controls for fan speed, power and filter reset functions.
Elevated Platform Legs
Modern leg design provides product stability and an elevated platform. One less thing to pick up and move when cleaning your floors.
Integrated, modern design blends the air220 into any living space.
Automated dimming and whisper quiet fan create a peaceful sleeping environment.
Enjoy clean air while you work!
Captures unwanted, lingering cooking and kitchen odors.
Which BISSELL air purifier is right for you?
Introducing the Bissell air220 Air Purifier. This machine packs powerful indoor air purifying power into a simplistic and sleek machine, bringing form and function together in your home. The unique design is apparent in the air220's clean lines and smooth edges. Underneath the sleek design you'll find three layers of filtration, including an activated carbon filter and a HEPA + pre-filter that captures hair, dust, pollen, dander, home and pet odors, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). This air purifier is a powerful machine you'd expect from Bissell, a trusted homecare brand. The air220 has a soft-touch dial that lets you control both fan speed and power. It has a discrete cord wrap on the back panel and filters that can be accessed from the front panel, so you can keep it against a wall in your home. The air220 can filter the air in large rooms like bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms. It is able to clean the air in an 800 sq. ft. room once every hour. You’ve trusted Bissell to clean and care for the floors and surfaces in your home. Now, let us clean your air! Plus, every purchase of this product helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets. When you buy a Bissell product, you help save pets, too. We’re proud to design products that help make pet messes, odors and pet homelessness disappear.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
--It expels air OUT THE TOP of the unit, not out the back. That means I can place it near a wall. Air blowing up seems to expeditiously set up an effective air flow pattern. (Other air purifiers that I have exit air out the back and to get an air flow pattern, I usually had the unit sitting in the middle of the room somewhere.)
--It has legs that lift the unit--and the filters--up off the ground.
--It has five fan speeds. Plus, it has an automatic mode that supposedly senses the air purifying needs of the room.
--It has a night mode that dims the LEDs on the unit.
--It is also a decent-looking unit, and it's hefty and sturdy.
I like this unit. But I'd like to point out some drawbacks:
Bissell loves after-market sales. It makes a lot of money, not only from the appliances it sells but from the accessories that are necessary to keep it functioning properly. Bissell loves to sell filters and cleaning solutions. In this case, this purifier uses two, large (relatively speaking) filters--and those TWO FILTERS NEED TO BE REPLACED EVERY SIX MONTHS. And if you have real dirty air or use the unit constantly, you will need to replace the filters more often. Those filters--at the time I write this review, end of November 2019--are not available yet: Not here on Amazon, nor on the Bissell website. But I did find the anticipated price: $19 for filter 2677 and $23 for filter 2678.
What's good about those filters? They seem to do a great job of removing dust particles and kitchen smells from the air. Also, those filters are easy to access from the front of the unit. And there are very clear instructions and arrows to make sure you are installing the filters correctly. The hardest thing about dealing with the filters is handing over your credit card......
We live on a golf course, and golf course maintenance keeps the fairways and rough exceedingly well-trimmed. Oh! What a lot of dust we deal with! And, yes, it gets in the house somehow--maybe down the chimney of the fireplace that is almost centered in our main living space. This purifier, which I've placed about 8 feet from the fireplace, is removing dust from the air--and doing a better job of it than the three preceding purifiers that I've used.
The purifier is also about 6 feet from the open-concept kitchen. And, along with the powerful vent above the cook top, this purifier is effectively removing cooking odors fairly quickly. To get proper air flow movement, we do need to keep doors to adjacent rooms closed when the purifier is operating.
The unit is hefty, and the hand hold is not as deep as it should be to get a great grip, but moving the unit around is still manageable. I also like the feature on the back of the unit that helps stash the cord.
So, bottom line, this unit works well. How much are you willing to spend for good air quality? Filters for this unit will average no less than $90/year, (including tax), and maybe even more, depending on your air quality.
Edit: It has been amazing during fire season on the West Coast. I have since bought an air quality monitor and can confirm that it cleans the air extremely well.
Update: Allowing the unit to run continuously allows you to notice the filtration. When I come in the house from work it’s easy to notice difference in the quality of air. Also I get less of a stuffy nose and sneezing. I will order the larger one and use this in my bedroom...and use the newer one in the living area.
They were very easy to unpack and setup right out of the box.
These are extremely quiet on the Auto mode.
Hope yo get years of use...Bissell, like there products, quality workmanship!
Top reviews from other countries
There’s also an annoying coil whine noise (i.e “buzzing” sound) which is easily heard when on the two lowest fan settings. I initially thought it was my refrigerator running, which is across the room from the air purifier.