Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 6,091 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,441 reviews
on February 25, 2015
Useless without removing the foam filter insert.

I put this together and was disappointed that there was no suction at all.

Took it apart, got rid of the foam covering around the filter (see pictures), put it back together, and SUCTION!!
review image review image review image
33 comments| 533 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2016
I was skeptical on buying this vacuum but I am so glad I did. It works wonders on my hardwood floors and I think it does help with my allergies when it comes to my cat. The only thing is, it is solely meant for hardwood floors. So if you are trying to buy this as a combo for hardwood floors and carpet, look for something else. Otherwise, it's amazing. Very lightweight and the swivel on this thing makes it very easy to manuever. I would definitely recommend.
on January 6, 2017
This is a great vacuum for the price! I have lots of hardwood floors, 2 large dogs, a few cats, and 7 children. We live on an farm and this little vac picks up big messes. I have to dump the cup often, several times each use just like I would a dust pan but without having to bend over! That alone makes it great! The only down fall is the cord it too short and the boomerang head takes some time to get used to. Also some corners I still have to use the old vacuum with the wand attachment, and it isn't really good on carpets, but that's not the point of this great little machine is it!
on May 20, 2015
If you have a pet and hardwood floors, you NEED this vacuum! Don't hesitate to buy it!

I am amazed at how much pet hair, dust, pollen, and dirt it picks up. My dog might have a sister somewhere in the collection container (yes, it picked up that much fur, and my floors weren't in that bad of shape, or so I thought).

The V-shaped nozzle is definitely strange looking, but highly effective. It funnels dirt in towards the vacuum ports so it can be whisked away by the very powerful motor. I measured it drawing almost 700 watts, which is very powerful for a stick vac. The motor is considerably quieter than my normal (carpet) vacuum cleaner, but may be a tad louder than other stick vacs. Either way, it's not bad at all. The switch is very conveniently mounted. The cord is 20 feet long. I'd like 25 feet, but it's not worth fighting over 5 feet.

One feature that's not mentioned is that the way the nozzle mates with the vacuum body creates a steering joint - twist the handle clockwise or counterclockwise, and the nozzle turns right or left. Very handy. Emptying the vac is a little complicated - there's the main collection bin; above that is the "separator", which collects a lot of dog hair; and below the collection bin is the air filter that captures fine particles like pollen. All 3 must be emptied after each cleaning, but each were full of different types of dirt, so the 3-phase collection system is quite effective.

All in all, a great vacuum for hardwood floors, especially for pet owners!
on March 21, 2015
I ordered the PowerEdge PET Hard Floor Vacuum from Amazon and have used it for the last week. I have been pleasantly surprised at it's performance.

PROS:

* No beater brush to damage hardwood and laminate wood floors.

* Strong suction with an exhaust that is placed so that it does not blow dirt, dust and pet hair out ahead of the vacuum and into the air - a "pet" peeve of mine.

* Picks up everything from very fine hair to kibble.

* Lightweight

* Easy maneuverability; very good swivel system allows the oddly shaped "head" to get into corners and along straight edges.

* Glides easily

CONS:

* No attachments; would love if I could also have an attachment for vacuuming upholstery, lint screen, window sills, top of baseboards.

We have two dogs and one long-hair cat. Needless to say, we have LOTS of pet hair; about 50% of our one story home is new laminate wood floor. I was looking for a vacuum specifically made for solid surface floors that did not have a brush that could possibly damage the wood. There are only a handful of those out there and this little vacuum fits the bill.

The PowerEdge PET is oddly shaped and I was worried about it's maneuverability. Fortunately, the vacuum has a great swivel system that makes turns very natural and has a fairly easy glide across the floor.

It is lightweight, rather compact and easy to store. I just wish it had attachments so that I could also do a quickie vacuum of my upholstered furniture, the tops of baseboards, and my lint screens. Not sure if I will keep my old standard vacuum for those purposes or find a smaller vacuum to manage those jobs. Really don't want to be a two vacuum household, but I like the Bissell PowerEdge PET enough that I will keep it.

Bottom line: For the price and it's intended purpose, the Bissell PowerEdge PET was a great buy for me.
on January 27, 2017
Not for everyone, but I have been enjoying it. It really does vacuum around table legs. Might not be the best for thick carpet, but great for hard floor. This is the first corded vacuum I've had in awhile, and that is requiring a mental adjustment, but the suction is better than my previous cordless. I examined it, and (as a previous reviewer said) there is a SECOND FILTER. If you don't clean this about every three months or so, it will decrease in suction. With regular (easy) maintenance, this is a good machine that I expect to serve me for 5 years or so.
on December 18, 2013
I have purchased many "stick vacuums" in the past, even a Bissell, but nothing, and I mean, nothing compares to this one! This is the absolute best machine I have ever used. It has been well over a month and it still has awesome suction. I do not use it on carpet, so I can't say anything there. But we have 4 cats and use the clumping Tidy Cat litter, you know, the tiny stuff, and it is every where. The old stick vacuums, both corded and cordless did not get it. This one does. We also have a Chihuahua who likes to dig through her food and it is not little pieces, size is about a nickel around, and this vacuum sucks it right up like nothing. None of our old stick vacuums would even pick it up. We had both corded and cordless. I wish the cord was a few feet longer, but either way, I would recommend this over any other vacuum for hard floors out there. Plus, the shape looked really funny at first and I thought it would be a pain in the butt to use, it is actually a huge help for getting into corners, under cabinets and up against any items. I love it.
on February 1, 2016
This is such a great little machine! Our dog "molts" and this vacuum has made keeping up with the tufts and fluffs of fur MUCH easier. We have hardwood throughout the first floor of our house and our beautiful, blue-eyed, shepherd/husky mix (River Song is her name) leaves fluffs and puffs of fur everywhere which seems to glide to the edges of the floor hugging the walls. While using a broom might seem like a cheap and easy solution--it's maddening. Sweeping with a broom sends the fur airborne and chasing it is futile. The Bissell PowerEdge is perfect at hugging the walls and eliminating the fur completely!

Also, emptying is very easy (it's shocking how much it picks up). Just pull out the cup and dump it in the trash
on May 28, 2014
I wanted a light weight, easy to use SMALL vacuum to use on my utility room's hard wood floors. We have several cats and while they are very good to use their litter boxes, they always track a little bit of litter out when they step out. I get tired of dragging out my big vacuum several times a day, just to sweep up a few grains of annoying litter. I read many reviews on several light weight vacuums. The Bissell's reviews sounded the best and there were several features I liked about it. The reviews all raved about the ease it picks up hair and it does do that!! But most of the reviews I read were about dogs and I wanted to see it work on litter. Fellow cat lovers.....IT WORKS GREAT!! It stands nicely in a corner of my utility room and when there are some grains on the floor, I just turn it on, bend it back and whoosh, it sucks up even the finest particles of litter. My ONLY "negative" comment is that I wish it had a hose to get in a couple of the tight corners. I just use a small brush and sweep the litter out a ways from the wall and then vacuum it right up. Along a straight wall, it does an excellent job. Just in tight corners it doesn't work the best because of its shape it can't get into it. Overall, I LOVE IT and HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!
on April 8, 2016
I am vacuum obsessed , When I had three dogs and 3 parrots I looked every where for a vacuum that I could use on the hard floors . Everything I bought , even the Dyson would shoot the hard pieces out the bottom and blow the feathers and dust in the air . This is the most amazing vacuum I have had for the floors . Someone mentioned buying backup in case they stop making it and I think I am going to do the same . I have two cookie crumb dogs and a parrot and a new home with lots of construction dust happening every day , and It picks everything up . Its light weight , stands upright , stores easy and picks up what its supposed to . You can beat the price for all that .. Def a good purchase .