Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile ..." and save 36% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner, and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, 1940
- Low Return Rate: 27% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Steam Mops
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kills 99.9Percent of germs and bacteria. The flip-down easy scrubber allows you to clean up the toughest messes, grout, sticky and dried-on spots
- Works 2x faster than comparable steam mops thanks to built-in easy scrubber
- Smart set digital, variable steam control lets you customize your steam cleaning experience (low, Medium, high)
- Comes with Febreze spring breeze fragrance Discs for added freshness.Power Rating - 1500 watts. Heater Warm-Up Time - 30 sec. Power Cord Length - 23 Inches
- The water tank is located on the top of the PowerFresh™ Steam Mop. It can be refilled with water any time during use. Distilled or demineralized water is recommended in place of tap water. DO NOT USE chemicals in the water tank of your PowerFresh Steam Mop.
- Steam mop for bare floors: Scrubs, shines and sanitizes your floors for a deeper clean without the use of chemicals
- Safe on hard floorsGently cleans and sanitizes sealed hardwood, tile, stone, marble, ceramic, linoleum and laminate flooring, SmartSet Steam Control for light cleaning to heavy messes
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop, Blue, 1940
Give your hard floors a shiny, sanitized clean* with the variable, digital steam control. Armed with the handy, flip-down Easy Scrubber, you can thoroughly clean tough messes. Clean sticky, dried on spots 2X faster than the leading steam mop with a built-in Easy Scrubber, while experiencing whole-room freshness from the optional scent discs. Now clean, sanitized floors are a simple steam away.
* when used as directed
Take a Closer Look
● Eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed
● Clean sticky, dried-on messes 2X faster than the leading steam mop with the built-in Easy Scrubber or scrubby microfiber mop pad.
● SmartSet digital, variable steam control (low, medium, high)
● Built-in, flip-down Easy Scrubber
● Spring Breeze fragrance discs
● 2 year warranty
Variable Steam Control
Getting the clean that fits your needs is as simple as the push of a button with low, medium, or high steam settings.
Built-In Easy Scrubber
Power through spots and deep-clean crevices with the easy-to-use, attached scrubber.
Spring Breeze Scent Discs & Microfiber Mop Pads
Enjoy a great-smelling clean with the included fragrance discs. Or use your steam mop without. Either way, you get a great clean.
|Built In Heater||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Heater Ready Light||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Variable Steam Control||Yes: Electronic||Yes: Electronic||Yes: Manual||No||No||No|
|Microfiber Pads||Yes: 2, Model# 5938||Yes: 2, Model# 5938||Yes: 2, Model# 71X9A||Yes: 2||Yes: 2, Model# 76B2A||Yes: 2, Model# 32552|
|Scent Disc Inserts||Yes: (2) Spring Breeze, Model# 1095||Yes: (2) Odor Eliminating, Model# 10951||No||No||No||No|
|Features/ Attachments||Easy Scrubber feature on mop head||Easy Scrubber feature on mop head||Steam Trigger, Removable Steam Pod, 2 color-coded circular scrub brushes, flat surface microfiber cleaning tool, grout brush||Steam Trigger||Steam Trigger||Storage Hook|
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, 1940 � The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop offers a deep clean with a fresh scent. This unique steam mop is designed to get deep down into the grout and crevices while leaving a fresh, clean scent while you steam mop.
This fully featured steam mop has SmartSet Steam Control letting you adjust the amount of steam needed to tackle messes. For light cleaning use the low setting, everyday messes, choose medium, and for the toughest mess select high. And when you need an extra boost to cut through the dried-on sticky spot, flip down the Easy Scrubber on the mop head. It uses bristles to quickly and easily remove those stubborn messes, getting deep down in the crevices.
The PowerFresh Steam Mop also includes Spring Breeze fragrance discs. Insert the scented disc into the pocket of the mop pad to enjoy a fresh, clean aroma while you steam mop. Simply discard the disc when you�re finished, leaving your home smelling clean.
Other features include a 23� power cord, removable water tank and 2 different mop pads; one for everyday cleaning, and one with scrubbing strips. The low-profile mop head also reaches into hard to clean edges and corners.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the pros:
1. Easy to put together-takes maybe a minute including the time to grab the screwdriver to put the handle on.
2. Price is beyond reasonable, in my opinion
3. Love never having to buy cleaners again!
4. Steam is great - heats up super quick and if general cleaning can cover most of my 800 sf of flooring in the about 20 min that the tank lasts (which was a concern because it used to take a good hour with a reg mop!).
5. Changing/refilling the water if you need to is as easy as pulling it out of the handle and taking the lid off. Takes about 30 seconds to complete the process and be back to mopping.
6. Cleaned my grout!!! Granted I used the little scrubber brush on the back of the unit (which I do wish were a little longer), but I carefully pressed on it with my foot so it would "scrub" and reach down in the gap, and in two min time it went from black to nearly new clean. I expect over time it will only improve. *note- see below for warnings/concerns with regards to this aspect
7. Floors were clean and almost instantly dry even with 2-3 run overs.
8. You can let it "sit" on an area particularly hard to clean and it will also sanitize after about 15 seconds
9. It gets super hot - yes, it really does steam steam (much like a new iron does when you press the steam button)
10. No residue left on the floor.
11. Worked on hard tile as well as hardwood floors.
12. Light -easy to carry upstairs, etc. And has a decently long cord so you don't have to keep unplugging room to room.
Now, not sure these are "cons" but perhaps more of concerns/cautions to not be misleading I any comments above:
1. When using your foot to press down on the scrubber be careful! The steam can burn your toes (yes, it gets that hot - which is good!) and can also make them wet so you could slip/fall easily. It took me some practice but so far have still found it the preferred way to go - though perhaps a scrubbie by hand could work as well if you really wanted to go that route (or had kids in need of "making amends").
2. While I said above that the floors remain relatively dry even after a few swipes, I need to mention that if trying to deep clean the floors can become quite wet esp with the highest steam setting. This is in part due to the high steam level combined with the mop head getting saturated and no longer able to absorb the water or dirt. At this point you can either have spare mop heads or follow up with a towel or other mop to dry the door and pick up the loosened dirt (easier than actual mopping as the hard part is done!). Again this isn't a defect simply a matter of practicality and really only an issue if you become obsessed as I did once you see the dramatic difference you can achieve with this thing! Regardless it can become quite slippery and even a little "messy" so wanted to mention.
3. If you leave the steamer on a spot for too long, at least with my porcelain floor, the flooring retains that heat for some time and can burn your feet if you're not wearing shoes (just a matter of prob 5-10 min but again, yes it gets that hot!). Not a big deal, but surprised my feet when I happened to step on them - not a big deal for adults, but if you have crawling or walking toddlers maybe good to know (however on the plus, they now can literally eat off the floor without concern due to the sanitizing properties). :)
4. While I did use tap water, you really should (and I will be going forward) use filtered water. I just didn't have any on hand and didn't want to run out because it was Christmas Eve.
5. While it fits beside toilets and gets in small spaces, getting the grout right up next to cabinets or walls, etc will prob require some old fashioned getting on ground and using some "Goo Gone" cleaner and scrubbing. Note, it will clean up against the walls, just not easy to scrub there.
Now with that said, proof is in the pudding so to speak, and so I included a before and after of one area of my floor so you can judge for yourself. The time lapse was approx 2min using highest steam and a little foot pressure on the scrubbie. For the close up you can tell it's the same area because I believe there's a crack in one of the tiles - though even that became less noticeable after cleaning! :)
-The water tank is removable, so you dont have to put the whole mop on a table when it comes time to refil. This is a really cool and no brainer feature.
-The steam is constant, so you dont have to pump it to have steam. I owned an old shark that required you to push the mop back and forth to pump steam. This was a pain because you always had to pump back and forth.
-Wide mop head for fast cleaning
-Good cord length
-Kind of a deal breaker for me- The microfiber pad bunches up in the front when you push the mop forward. This issue only occurs on my hardwood floors, not my tiled bathroom. Both pads are doing this for me, and it makes no sense that it was designed this way. I plan on modifying my microfiber pads so they can be strapped to the front of the mop head.
I would give this mop 5 stars if it weren't for the issue I listed above. If i had to do it again, i would have bought the hoover twin tank mop which seams to be an equal contender for this mop. If you found this review helpful, please check off the box for me. Thanks!