Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 627 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 672 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Total junk. I bought this after borrowing a steam mop of a different brand but similar price from a friend. Hers works great. This model has been disappointing. The cap on the water tank gets stuck where it goes on the vacuum and snapped in half after a few uses. I was still able to snap it in place and use with minor leaking, but now after ten uses total the heating element has gone out. So I can now push a slightly damp, cold cloth around my floors with this. Total disappointment and waste of money.
on July 15, 2013
After hauling two of the Sharks from Costco off to the dump, I decided to try something else. This model was cheaper and does not disappoint. It has a more consistent steam than the other brand and the triangular mop head seemed to pick up dirt more quickly and evenly. I had been using a Swiffer on the floors, but I broke the handle on that so it was tedious at best. Therefore, I did not mop the floors for a VERY long time and they were FILTHY! So, I did two passes - first with the mop head that has the extra dirt removing stripey things. On the second pass I had some stuff called Bona that is supposed to help keep the floors shiny looking, so sprayed that in front of me and swapped over to the terry cloth mop head for some "light" cleaning. Even with dirty, dirty floors, there was not as much streaking as what I had experienced with the previous brand. I had looked at more expensive models briefly but decided that this one had all the features I needed (uh, steam...) and even though the warranty wasn't as strong (1 yr versus 2 yrs), I decided that it would be ok to take a chance and save $37 or so.
on July 10, 2017
I swiffer and wet swiffer my laminate floors weekly...HOLY CRAP, they do not get the floor clean, at all! I ran this little guy over the room three days after a wet swiffer and the pad was so gross with dirt! I did a second run on it just to be on the clean side. And the triangle head makes it so much easier to get in and around things that a square one wouldn't allow...like those corners where are all the dust goes to live!

My only issue with it is that I would prefer the light to be an indicator light---letting you know when it's hot enough and/or if the water is getting low. I do love that no chemicals are required and I can add a few drops of antimicrobial/antibacterial essential oils to the water for a pleasant scent and some extra cleaning oompf.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2017
Maybe I'm missing the point here (or my floors were just too dirty/sticky) but this seems like a product that was NOT adequately tested in the real world. That being dirty floors! It is great for cleaning clean floors but NOT if they have any amount of dirt on them. If your floors are dirty the amount of friction is so great that the pad will not glide, even on full steam ahead, and if you push hard the pad will come off. The cord that holds it on just isn't tight enough. I found that if you run the mop sideways there is less chance of the pad keep coming off. As someone else pointed out...the point of a steam mop is....steam and to get that you have to pull the trigger all the time. Even then there is barely enough steam to keep the pad wet and slippery enough to slide over the floor to clean it. Maybe I would have been better off with a 24-pack of Swiffer wet pads for a lot less money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2016
I bought this mop and went for the combo of the mop, extra pads, and the scented water. We recently moved into a house that is all tile and hard wood floors and I was over the nasty Swiffer. I did a little research and decided to get a steam mop and this was the one that I chose. I got a great deal on it and it is fantastic. Its so light and heats up quick. My floors look great as well. I thought I would keep the Swiffer for quick clean ups and then my steam mop for deep cleaning but instead ended up tossing my Swiffer and only using my steam mop. The extra pads are great as well. I can just toss them in the wash with other towels and grab one and clean the floors. I can clean my whole house with one pad. 4 bedrooms, 2 bath. 2 dogs and a toddler :)
on December 15, 2016
I was unsure about this product from the reviews I had read and the price. With that said I fell in love with it after the first use the day received it. I had just cleaned my floors that morning so when I got it out and set up around noon, I simply tested it on the floors. The mop pad where almost black so I decided to use the other one that was enclosed with it. It was lighter gray color meaning my swifter spray mop did nothing really. I was very very happy I talked to my husband and purchased this product.
on May 14, 2014
Have no idea why it took me so long to purchase a steam mop. They're FANTASTIC!
Shortly after ordering this steam mop from Amazon Warehouse Deals my husband brought a puppy home to add to our canine "kids". I hesitated using it due to the puppy accidents now occuring on the tiled floor while directions for the steamer tell you to use water ONLY in the reservoir. I thought I honestly needed amonia or some cleaner for the potty-floor. The puppy is now doing quite well with paper training so I finally brought the steamer out for use. What a dream! It is so quick and easy to use and my hands never have to touch a mophead or bucket of water. It has a steam trigger on the handle which I use frequently, esp in the puppy's "newspaper reading area". It takes half the time or LESS to clean the floor than a mop & bucket require. I still run a small fan to dry the floor as I mop. A minute or so after the last area is steamed the floor is dry and I'm ready to "release the hounds" into the gated room. The floor looks great! Also, when it's rains or the dogs bring in mud a quick touch-up with the steamer takes the annoyance out of my day. The time and effort are so minimum due to the steamer mop.
The only negative is the instructions say to handwash the removeable cloth mophead. Other reviewers have stated that they toss them into the wash anyway. Until I purchase additional cloth mopheads, I'm washing them as instructed. Some old dogs simply can't be taught a new trick!
The only area this steamer mop falls short is in its length of the cord. I needed to use 7 outlets for the "pup room."
Purchasing this unit from Amazon Warehouse Deals saved some money, had free shipping, and was perfectly described. The unit was pristine, functioning, and quickly shipped.
on June 22, 2017
I really like this mop. Its fast, easy and super convenient. Just add water and go. Can't get any easier than that. No more buckets, wringing out mops , touching or dumping out dirty water which is so gross. My floors are super clean and dry quickly which I love especially not to have little puddles of water that you have to go back over and dry. Perfect!
UPDATE...
I loved this mop so much I bought one for my Mother who is impossible to shop for. She was very pleased with it and couldn't believe that soap or cleaners weren't needed to get the floors so clean. She also loved the fact that the floors dried super fast and you werent stuck with little puddles of pooled up water as she always had to wait quite awhile for them to dry. Thank you Amazon, you've made my shopping a breeze and me a winner (finally) in gift giving.
on August 12, 2015
I have new ceramic tile floors. They are smooth (no texture) so I figured they would be easy to keep clean. I don't have any experience with other steam mops here's what I think of this Bissell:

1) It's really easy to fill the reservoir with distilled water
2) The cord is plenty long
3) It heats up in less than a minute
4) I really have to use elbow grease with the Bissell to keep my kitchen and dining room tile floor clean. If there are coffee spots or food drops, I may have to make 3-6 passes over them before the spots are removed. Sometimes I give up and use a wet paper towel on the same spot and the spot comes right up
5) The small mop head is a blessing and a curse. Yes it gets in tight spots but you also have to make more passes
6) Finally, the mop does a very poor job of cleaning around the edges of the floor beside the baseboards. If you have dirt or dust along the baseboards or in the corners (like every bathroom and kitchen) the Bissell will not get it and you'll have to clean the final 1/2 inch all along the baseboard by hand.
on May 14, 2014
After debating for a couple weeks on whether or not to buy this mop, I finally did, and boy and I impressed. I filled it up and did my bathroom and kitchen area, and the mop was just cover with filth. I'm a single dude and I clean my house top to bottom once a week. I was getting on my hands and knees to wash the bathroom and kitchen floors. I used this mop today, and I couldn't believe my eyes. All this time I thought those floors were clean! The trick is to hold the trigger continuously to maintain the steam. If not, you're just swooshing around dirty water and before. My floors now look like I waxed and buffed them! ..and this after once time!! I'm very happy with this purchase. If you're like me and undecided, go for it, you'll be more than happy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.