BITMAIN ANTMINER U2 2Gh/s USB Bitcoin ASIC Miner. Overclockable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Various colors available. Contact us with any special requests.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Colors may vary, but feel free to message me so I can help pick you out a color you like of the choices I have remaining. These units easily overclock and for those new to mining I will happily supply them with access to the information that I personally used when I was first starting to mine!
Top Customer Reviews
I'll probably never earn my $32 back with just one 2Ghz ASIC, but it was fun to build and learn about bitcoin mining.
Want to try mining? Buy 2 (1 + a spare) and go have fun, the online community is great, but don't do this for the money. I've learned a lot too.
I have absolutely no intentions to recoup the money I burn in electricity just because I use the computer for many different things, and this just runs in the background with little to no CPU usage. All my miners have been running overclocked with heatsinks for over 2 weeks now minus a few restarts with my pc to reach peak speeds. In addition, while mining, one or more miners may drop in hashrates. If that happens: check temps. and restart the software and or hub/pc).
I also chose the Rosewill 10 port hub to power the miners I purchased.
1) There are absolutely no directions so you are on your own. It is not too hard to get it working though. It took me about 20 minutes to figure where to get a driver; download it; install and get it working without overclocking.
2) It runs hot even without overclocking so I am not too keen on running it even hotter.
3) It does about 1.6 Gh/s with the driver I got which is the U1 driver since I couldn't find a U2 driver.
I say it is not bad so far. Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.
However I doubt that it will make any real money since the rate of mining with one of these is about 0.005 bitcoins per month with today's difficulty. As we know the rate will keep dropping so in about 200 months I will have a bitcoin :-)
On the other hand it makes a lot of heat and where I live is pretty cold. If you take the free heat into account then a bunch of these may be a self funding heater.