Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BLACK+DECKER 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with Chal..." and save 31% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
BLACK+DECKER 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with Chalkboard Surface, Slate, SCD4007
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chalkboard Surface - Get creative! The exterior of the slow cooker is a chalkboard, perfect for drawing on and for writing down recipes or allergy concerns. Great for getting kids involved in the kitchen!
- Chalk Included - You get two sticks of chalk with the slow cooker. Plus the surface works with any traditional chalk sticks (not recommended for use with chalk pens).
- Locking Wires - The locking system lets you take your favorite food to potlucks and tailgates. Plus, it stays out of the way when cooking at home.
- Built-In Lid Holder - Keep countertops clean and stir & serve without holding the lid! The built-in holder props the lid conveniently on either of the side handles.
- Digital Controls - Choose the time and heat, and the slow cooker does the rest, switching into “Warm” mode when cooking is complete. Use the “Stay-On” option for extended slow cooking. 7 Quarts - Make a hot meal for the whole family and have plenty of delicious leftovers with room for over eight servings in the 7-quart crock.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
BLACK+DECKER Portable Digital Slow Cooker with Full Chalkboard Wrap
Item #: SCD4007.
Create delicious meals that fit your schedule with the BLACK+DECKER Portable Digital Slow Cooker with Full Chalkboard Wrap. Just gather ingredients in the 7-quart stoneware pot, then use the digital controls to set the perfect time and heat (low, high, warm). The unit automatically switches to 'Warm' mode when cooking is complete, so you’ll have a delicious meal right when you need it. And you can take it anywhere! The locking lid and large handles ensure mess-free transport from the home to the office, the tailgate, or the family get-together. Cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe stoneware pot and tempered glass lid. Plus, the exterior is a chalkboard surface that lets you get creative—label it for potluck dinners with allergy information, write down recipes for easy meal prep, or draw a fun design to liven up your kitchen. It’s all up to you!
Choose the time and heat, and the slow cooker does the rest, switching into 'Warm' mode when cooking is complete. Use the 'Stay-On' option for extended cooking.
Make a hot meal for the whole family and have plenty of delicious leftovers with room for over eight servings in the 7-quart pot.
Three Heat Settings
Low, high, and warm settings for all your slow-cooking needs. The unit automatically switches to warm for up to four hours after cooking is complete.
The durable 7-quart pot is removable for easy cleaning in the sink or dishwasher.
The locking system lets you take your favorite food to potlucks and tailgates. Plus, it stays out of the way when cooking at home.
Oversized Cool-Touch Handles
Tempered Glass Lid
Get creative! The exterior of the slow cooker is a chalkboard, perfect for drawing on and for writing down recipes or allergy concerns. (Chalk is included).
|SC1004D, SC2004D||SC4004D||SC1007D, SC2007D, SC3007D||SCD1007||SCD4007||MC1100S|
|Name||4 qt Traditional Slow Cooker||4 qt Traditional Slow Cooker||7 qt Traditional Slow Cooker||7 qt Digital Slow Cooker w/ Locking Lid||7 qt Digital Slow Cooker w/ Locking Lid||6.5 qt Multi Cooker|
|Capacity||4 qt||4 qt||7 qt||7 qt||7 qt||6.5 qt|
|Cooking Pot Type||Stoneware Crock||Stoneware Crock||Stoneware Crock||Stoneware Crock||Stoneware Crock||Nonstick Coated Durable Aluminum|
|Locking Lid for Mess-Proof Travel||✓||✓|
|Digital Programming w/ Auto-Keep Warm||✓||✓|
|Extra Large Handles for easy moving||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sear/Sauté and Bake/Roast Functionality||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item BLACK+DECKER 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with Chalkboard Surface, Slate, SCD4007
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Chalkboard Surface||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||7-Quart||Silver||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||17.32 x 14.09 x 9.65 in||15.1 x 9.4 x 14.8 in||11.73 x 16.34 x 11.81 in||17.6 x 11.7 x 9.9 in||14.4 x 9.5 x 14.4 in||17.32 x 14.09 x 9.65 in|
|Material Type||Stoneware||Stainless Steel||Stoneware||Stoneware||Stoneware||Stoneware|
|Size||7 quart||6 Quart||8.5 quart||7-Quart||8 Quart||7 quart|
Create delicious meals that fit your schedule with the BLACK + DECKER Portable Digital Slow Cooker with Full Chalkboard Wrap. Just gather ingredients in the 7-quart stoneware crock, then use the digital controls to set the timer and heat level (low, high, warm). The programmable slow cooker automatically switches to “Warm” mode when cooking is complete, so you’ll have a delicious meal right when you need it. And you can take it anywhere! The locking lid and large handles ensure mess-free transport from the home to the office, the tailgate, or the family get-together. Cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe stoneware crock and tempered glass lid. Plus, the exterior is a chalkboard surface that lets you get creative—label it for potluck dinners with allergy information, write down recipes for easy meal prep, or draw a fun design to liven up your kitchen. It’s all up to you!
Set It & Forget It!
Three heat settings give you flexibility to cook on your schedule. Low for longer cook times, High to get dinner on the table faster, and Warm to keep food at perfect serving temperature.
Top customer reviews
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Black+Decker Slow Cooker. We're sorry to see the issues your friend has experienced with the handles melting. Your slow cooker has a two year warranty, and we'd like to work with you on a solution. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ID number 41304694 so we can address your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you, Grace Dytianquin.
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Black+Decker Slow Cooker. We're sorry to hear that your pot has cracked. Your slow cooker has a two year warranty, and we'd like to work with you on a solution. Please contact us at email@example.com and reference ID number 41296006 so we can better assist you. We look forward to hearing from you, CJ410.
I will state that I've only used it on the slow/low setting and the longest period of time it's been on is 6 1/2 hours so I'm not sure how the other settings will work, but I'm not worried personally, if they work half as well as the low setting does I'll still be quite pleased. Though if I ever use it on the other settings I'll try and update my review, but I rarely use anything but the low setting.
I will also note that every crock pot / slow cooker type of appliance I've ever had has been hot to the touch to some extent, this one is perhaps one of the hottest. While it's not something that concerns me our my household, and I doubt simply touching it will do any real damage (unless you just hold your skin against it) it is defiantly something that anyone with children running around should know and be prepared for.
1. Full 7 quarts to fit bigger cuts of meat and more soup/stews. The internal dimensions are 12"x9"x5" (my 6qt was 10.5"x8"x4.25")
2. The clips for sealed cooking and transport. My old one has this too and both are solid. Turned it sideways with water in it and nothing spilled.
3. Lid rest on the handle. The top handle on the lid rests in the opening of either side handle. Very nice touch.
4. Will turn to auto warm for 4 hours after your cooking time is done. Great if you have a recipe that isn't 8 hours long while you are out of the house. It will also run on constant on at any temp you would like. I would think this is mainly for all day WARM option while serving.
5. Chalkboard surround for labeling. At first I thought this would be lame since there is a huge Black & Decker logo in the front but the entire back is also black chalkboard and if you space letters across the small middle seam, it looks really crisp and nice at a potluck.
6. It's settings (high, low, warm) are more precise than my old crockpot which tended to cook too fast on all levels.
7. If your power goes out and comes back on in less than 2 hours, the crockpot goes back to cooking - pretty cool! Over 2 hours it stops and blinks so you won't eat raw food.
1. The clips attach to the handles with are on the sides of the crockpot base. It doesn't feel as sturdy as my old one when transporting. My old one's clips where separate from the handles and the handles with raised slightly above lid. Easier to carry and less likely to burn. But my old one didn't have the lid holder option so it's a toss up.
2. The lid holder option is great but in the resting position faces in the inside of the lid slightly downward so that condensation or food drips on your counter when you are stirring or adding. I wish there was a way to have it facing slightly up so it dripped into the seal area instead. But if you dry the lid and just rest it at potlucks/serving, the lid should stay dry enough that this won't be an issue.
3. Programming is 30 minute increments and I wish it was 15 minutes
4. No probe or probe temp timer. My old one has this and it would be nice to have for large pieces of meat that fit better in the 7 quart. It turns off when the internal cut hits your programmed temp. There is a steamer hole in Black & Decker's lid which a separate probe could fit in with a separate external temp. But unless you are home watching it, it would be useless.
5. Longevity of chalkboard surround. I have never had an item that heats up and needs to be cleaned with chalkboard surround. A little nervous it won't work in the long term. Also nervous I won't be able to remove some chalk writing and it will look old quick.
Some things to know:
1. Prime surround with basic board chalk and rub the entire surface area by rolling the width of the chalk. Then wipe off with a DRY rag or paper towel and your chalkboard will work better. If you have stubborn chalk you can try a damp towel but do not write on it unless it is completely dry.
2. It has a limited 2 year warranty for US and Canada only.
3. Both the internal stone and the lid are dishwasher safe
4. It says the first time you use it you may see some smoke or smell an odor for the first few minutes due to oil used during manufacturing. I did not have that problem but wanted to make you all aware.