BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer, Rotating Handle, Dual Blade Action Blades, 3.3-Amp, 24-Inch (HH2455)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 24-inch precision ground dual-action blade allows users to cut through overgrowth with 40% less vibration than single action blades
- Hardened steel shearing blades cut branches up to 3/4 inch thick; Soft grip handle and lightweight design provides comfort during use
- Rear handle rotates 180 degrees for ideal hand position when trimming vertically or horizontally; Full bale handle for multiple grip options and greater control
- Extended reach design and powerful motor ideal for various trimming tasks; Built-in cord retainer keeps the extension in place and plugged in for uninterrupted use
- Lock-off switch prevents accidental start up and lock-on switch ensures uninterrupted operation
- Rear rotating handle for ideal hand position when making vertical cuts or sculpting
- Innovative inline motor design delivers improved balance, control and precise trimming
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch (BEHT350FF)
BLACK+DECKER 18-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer (BEHT200)
BLACK+DECKER Electric Hedge Trimmer, 17-Inch (BEHT150)
Greenworks 22-Inch 4 Amp Dual-Action Corded Hedge Trimmer 22122
CRAFTSMAN Electric Hedge Trimmer, 22-Inch (CMEHTS822)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Item Dimensions||45.13 x 7.31 x 6.19 inches||7.25 x 6.25 x 35.56 inches||30.3 x 7.7 x 7.5 inches||4.5 x 31 x 7.3 inches||37.8 x 7.86 x 8.86 inches||35.56 x 6.13 x 7.13 inches|
|Power Source||Corded-Electric||Corded Electric||corded-electric||corded-electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
The BLACK+DECKER 24-inch Hedge Hog Hedge Trimmer features a powerful in-line motor for improved balance, control, and precision. Its 24-inch dual action blades offer an extended reach and an even trim. The shearing blades can handles branches up to .75 inches thick with 40% less vibration of other models. In-line motor for balance, control, and precision. Cuts branches fast with 40% less vibration. Blades cut branches up to .75 inches thick. 24-inch dual action blades deliver even trimming. Included Components: HH2455 Hedge Trimmer; Power Source: Electric; Type: Hedge Trimmer
Especially useful on taller and wider hedges and shrubs, the Black & Decker HH2455 HedgeHog hedge trimmer comes equipped with a long 24-inch, dual-action blade in a lightweight, 6-1/2-pound design. Not only do the longer blades offer improved reach, but a new body design distributes weight evenly to give the trimmer a light feel for control. It features a powerful 3.3 Amp motor with gear reduction for added durability and an inline motor design which delivers improved balance, control, and precision.
Rear handle rotates 180 degrees with five optional stops (see larger image).
New body design distributes weight evenly to give the trimmer a light feel for control
(see larger image).
Shearing blades cut branches up to 3/4-inch thick (see larger image).
This HedgeHog trimmer is strong enough to cut through branches up to 3/4 inch thick, and the dual-action, pre-hardened steel blades provide faster cutting speed while also dampening vibration by 40 percent for comfort. The rear handle rotates 180 degrees with five optional stops to provide added comfort while trimming vertically or sculpting.
The HedgeHog has a with a lock-on switch for continuous running, a lock-off switch to prevent accidental starting, and a built-in cord retention system to avoid accidental unplugging. It also features a full wrap-around bale handle with soft rubber grip and 2800 cutting strokes per minute. It comes fully assembled, and is backed by a 2-year warranty.
What's in the Box
HH2455 HedgeHog hedge trimmer
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This trimmer kicks ass.
The 2450 (Silver/orange/black) body performed outstandingly, until it just finally stopped like an old tired, worn-out horse!
Of course, I take care of all of my equipment and conduct some Pre & Post-maintenance, ie, like Pre/Post Lubrication, adjusting & cleaning blades, so to prevent any Debris or Rust buildup, since we live close to the ocean, where rust is viral.
2 days ago I put this new one, the 2455 through the paces for 5 ours straight, by trimming a very large (6-foot wide by almost 6-foot tall), overgrown, long (50-foot) hedge row + an over-grown, open lot, right next door, with a population of small tree saplings, from 1/4 to 3/4-inch in diameter, although I did notice that you have to let the blades cut on their own when using on 3/4-inch saplings. Motor: 3.3 Amp.
Pro's - It's A No Brainer! For Moderate to Light-Heavy use x 1 to 5 hours continuously; this trimmer is Perfect. Otherwise, your arms may start rebelling beyond that, but that also depends on the cutter's conditioning, endurance, and weather conditions, FYI.
1. Excellent Trimmer like the old 2450. Slices and dices like butter! Warning - it works so well that during my ground sweeps, I accidentally cut through the electric cord, without noticing until it suddenly just stopped. I thought that the electric cord had dis-engaged, or that I threw a breaker.
Nope! It was the cord, which is exactly what happened the first time I used the old 2450 for the first time too!
2. Longer reach + adjustable handle positions.
3. Electric power and Light-weight.
4. If well-maintained, can last more than 5 working years.
5. Two-year B&D warranty
5. Good price!
Con’s - Minor
1. No blade removal wrench included for either the Trimmer, and/or, was ever included with the 2450 Replacement blades.
2. The built-in Cord Retention system built into the back of the handle to avoid accidental unplugging is not as good as the one on the HT22 or my old HH 2450; as my electric cord fell out a few times during my use.
Comment - A 4 AMP Motor would definitely be a perfect match-up for this trimmer, and make it a bit more useful when cutting 3/4 + saplings. Perhaps B&D could release an XL Version and called it the 250-x - XL. Before you do B&D, send me one for Beta-testing ( ;
Top reviews from other countries
It was used and supposed to come with the original packaging WHICH IT DID NOT (so its hard to store) and DID NOT COME WITH A CORD!! THOSE B&D CORDS ARE ABOUT THRITY FEET LONG AND I WANT IT! Now I have got use a regular extension cord and really if I go to buy a really long cord, this item will have ended up costing more than a new one.
The design is really dumb. The blades vibrate so coarsely that they catch the branches rather than slicing through them. They get snagged before they get cut. I was forever wrenching the blades off branches and wrestling with it. My smaller old unit did better. Big mistake. The rotating handle might be nice for some, but I found it more restful to use my arms at different angles, so the rotating function did not get used.
These cut through a lot -- but struggle with anything over 5/8 or 3/4 inch in diameter. Fair enough. They made quick work of my hedge trimming for this spring, and I'm sure we'll get years of use out of them to come.