3 Year Lawn and Garden Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
BLACK+DECKER LST400 20V Lithium High Performance Trimmer and Edger, 12"
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Up to 1 hour of runtime when using dual mode switch in run-time mode
- Runtime Extension Technology with dual mode accelerator switch
- Patented Power Drive Transmission
- Automatic Feed Spool - no need to stop and bump
- Included Components: LST400 20V MAX* Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (1) LB2X4020-OPE 20V MAX* Extended Runtime Battery, (1) Charger, (1) AF-100 Spool, (1) Guard, (1) Handle; Power Source: Lithium Ion
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
What's in the box
- LST400 20V MAX* Cordless Trimmer/Edger
- (1) LB2X4020-OPE 20V MAX* Extended Runtime Battery
- (1) Charger
- (1) AF-100 Spool
- (1) Guard
- (1) Handle
Black + Decker 20V MAX* Lithium 12 in. High Performance Trimmer/Edger
With up to 1 hour runtime**, this lightweight trimmer/edger gets the job done with maximum comfort and control. It is quiet and easy to start, delivering great cutting results without the mess and hassles of gas powered trimmers.
Part of the 20V MAX* System - A System that Demands Attention (1 Battery fits multiple tools)
*Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.
**Normal trimming with dual-mode switch in runtime mode.
- Volts: 20V MAX*
- Cut Swath: 12"
- Line Size: 0.065"
- RPM: 5500/7200
2-n-1 Trim or Edge
The Trimmer/Edger easily converts from a Trimmer to an Edger in seconds. A wheeled edge guide has been added for balance and to eliminate the need to hover the Trimmer/Edger over the line of grass between the lawn and sidewalk while edging. Simply roll along the sidewalk or driveway, and the wheel supports the weight of the Trimmer/Edger for a fine edge and straight, clean edges.
In a significant step forward in string trimmer technology, the Lithium High Performance Trimmer/Edger features a dual-mode switch, which provides the options of choosing high power or extended run time for trimming large yards without the hassles of gas-powered trimmer/edgers.
In high-power mode, the Trimmer/Edger ramps up the power output to quickly take down heavy grass and weeds. In runtime mode, the Trimmer/Edger provides up to one hour of runtime for normal trimming.
Automatic Feed System AFS
BLACK+DECKER’S patented Automatic Feed Spool AFS advances the trimming line with no bumping required. The Trimmer/Edger comes complete with a pre-wound 30-foot spool, which is recommended for optimum performance and easily found for replacement at Amazon.
A critical component that enhances the Trimmer/Edger’s cutting power is BLACK+DECKER’S patented POWERDRIVE Transmission, which delivers consistent power in most grass types, helping to maintain cutting performance while trimming and edging in heavy grass or weeds.
About Black + Decker
Since 1910, Black + Decker has been setting the standard for innovation and design of power tools, outdoor yard care equipment, and home products. The inventor of the first portable electric drill with pistol grip and trigger switch, Black + Decker has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland to a global manufacturing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home. When home owners have work to get done, they trust that Black + Decker’s products will do the job efficiently and reliably.
Compare with similar items
WORX WG896 12 Amp 7.5" Electric Lawn Edger & Trencher, 7.5in, Orange and Black
EGO Power+ EA0800 8-Inch Edger Attachment for EGO 56-Volt Lithium-ion Power Head System
Greenworks 12 Amp Electric Corded Edger 27032
Martha Stewart MTS-EDG1 12-Amp 7.2-Inch 2-in-1 Electric Lawn and Landscape Edger/Trencher
|Sold By||Hardware & Garden Supplies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.25 x 43.00 x 4.88 inches||22.60 x 14.10 x 11.00 inches||38.98 x 4.72 x 3.94 inches||22.75 x 19.00 x 11.75 inches||32.25 x 12.60 x 13.25 inches|
|Item Weight||7.80 lbs||16.00 lbs||4.98 lbs||13.24 lbs||—|
|Power Source||Battery-Powered||corded-electric||Battery Powered||corded-electric||Corded Electric|
The Black & Decker LST400 12 20v MAX Lithium High Performance Trimmer and Edger offers up to a full hour of runtime when using dual mode switch in run-time mode, along with Runtime Extension Technology with a dual mode accelerator switch for high performance or longer run time. This unit includes (1) 4.0 Amp hour 2X lithium battery pack for 2X more run time per battery pack. It features a patented Power Drive Transmission that prevents bogging down in heavy grass and weeds and the Automatic Feed Spool ensures continuous work without bumping and having to stop to adjust the spool. It includes a wheeled edging feature- which allows you to just rotate to convert from trimmer to edger. It is quiet and easy to start, delivering great cutting results without the mess and hassles of gas powered trimmers and the adjustable height and pivoting handle positions provide maximum comfort and control. This unit is part of the 20V MAX System - A System that Demands Attention (1 Battery fits multiple tools). Includes: (1) LST400 20V MAX Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (1) LB2X4020-OPE 20V MAX 2X Battery, (1) Charger - LCS1620, (1) AF-100 Spool, (1) Guard and (1) Handle.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
BLACK+DECKER LST400 12-Inch Lithium High Performance Trimmer and Edger, 20-volt
I rarely (if ever) take the time to write reviews, but I feel the need to say something after ~2.5 years using this wonderful little trimmer. It has become my best friend over that time. I live on a 1 acre lot at the edge of a forest and am constantly beating back nature with a push mower, a pole saw and this lightweight workhorse. I know that the world of battery powered trimmers was a desolate wasteland for many years. The batteries were permanently enclosed, the size of small vehicles and weighed about the same, causing painful backaches and severe cases of "noodle-arm" upon completion of a trimming session. I know this from experience... I have one sitting in my garage waiting to be recycled. Add to that the fact that said battery would discharge and die long before I was even close to being done with the job and you have one heavy, noodle inducing pain in the butt.
I purchased the B+D trimmer over 2.5 years ago along with the replacement spools listed below and have been loving it ever since.
BLACK+DECKER AF-100-3ZP 30ft 0.065" Line String Trimmer Replacement Spool, 3-Pack
1. Battery: This battery is awesome. I have kept it plugged in and sitting in the garage since my purchase with no problems. It is small, light, easily installed with a click and powerful. I have never had it run out on me. Now... I don't go try to clear heavy brush with this trimmer... I trim weeds and grass with it. I might run this thing for about 30-40 minutes after I am done mowing. It runs longer than I do after a day in the yard with an old, but trusty push mower.
2. Weight: This thing is LIGHT. Now... granted, I am comparing it to an old Toro battery powered trimmer that might actually contain a car battery, but I also have a gas powered trimmer that is 2-3 times heavier than the B+D. I am easily able to carry this around the yard, even after spending 2 hours pushing a mower up and down the hill on which I live.
3. Adjustable/Size: Some of these trimmers are made for people who are 4 feet tall. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but one would think that a 5'11" man would be considered a pretty easy fit for such equipment. This unit does a good job with adjustment options to make sure one is NOT bending over catching weeds in the face while also ruining his back.
4. String durability/Spool replacement: I bought 3 replacement spools of trimmer line at the time I made my first purchase and still haven't used them all. Replacing them is easy... no more fighting with the business end of a trimmer for 10 minutes only to find out you didn't spool the line correctly. One should simply not have to stare down the barrel of one of these things longer than you are actually pulling the trigger.
5. Durability: While I know many will say that 2.5 years is not that long and that my expectations are a bit low to be happy with performance out this far. Well... in this day and age of planned obsolescence and disposable products, I have learned to be impressed with a power tool that does what it is supposed to without snapping in half or frying itself in less than a year. Just sayin'.
All in all, I love this thing. Hope the review helps.
I'm still getting the hang of the whole edging thing, but trimming and weeding is very easy. The battery seems to last more than long enough. I didn't time myself, but the first time I had a LOT of weeds to get rid of so it must have taken more than half an hour at the least. I only had to switch it to the higher setting for a minute or two for some thicker weeds, the rest of the time the lower setting was more than adequate for my yard.
It's pretty light-weight.. I'm not that strong and I have a lot of back and shoulder problems, but this trimmer didn't cause me an excessive amount of pain. It is able to be adjusted very easily, including converting from trimmer to edger and back. I don't think it's any heavier than the corded electric one that I'd been using before this. It is a LOT lighter than the old gas one that I used to have, which I never used because it was too heavy (and difficult to start). This one seems just as powerful as the electric one I used to use.
I'll have to wait and see how the battery holds up throughout the season, but so far I'm very happy with this trimmer.
Top reviews from other countries
And I love the fact that is a automatic feed pool. Sure sometime the cord seems a little short as I have always love a long cord when i trim but after 2 or 3 use it did not matter anymore.
I really recommend this trimmer i have a small place it take normally 15-20 minute to cut grass and 5-10 minute to trim but i can do 4 trim with one battery in power mode
NIce and light, easy to move around. The edger works great too!
- I have a huge yard and the battery it came wit did over half of it.
- Easy to setup and use and I LOVE the telescoping feature!
- I like that I have a choice of power or battery saving options
- Feels sturdy / not cheap
- Haven't found any!