Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easy Feed Str..." and save 38% off the $143.74 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easy Feed String Trimmer/Edger with 2 Batteries
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger;Amp Hour : (2) 1.5 AH
- Power Drive Transmission for increased torque
- 2-speed control for more power or extended runtime.Line Diameter :0.065 inches. Cutting Swath 12 inches
- EASYFEED allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required.
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System - Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
- Part of the POWERCOMMAND Family of tools – EASYFEED, POWERCUT, POWERBOOST - helps solve common user frustrations when using Outdoor Power Equipment.
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $34.01.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Part of the Black+Decker PowerCommand Family. Command + Conquer Your Yard.
Easily Converts from Trimmer to Wheeled Edger
PowerDrive Transmission Increases Torque for More Cutting Power at the String
Adjustable Height and Handle for Ideal User Comfort
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER LST201 20V MAX Lithium Ion String Trimmer/Edger, 10"
BLACK+DECKER LST300 12-Inch Lithium Trimmer and Edger, 20-volt
BLACK+DECKER LST522 20V MAX Lithium 2-Speed String Trimmer/Edger, 12"
BLACK+DECKER LST140C 40V Max Lithium String Trimmer
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||CPO Outlets||Amazon.com|
|Cutting width||1,200 in||1,000 in||1,200 in||1,200 in||—|
|Item Dimensions||9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 in||11 x 42.31 x 5 in||8.5 x 36.38 x 4.88 in||9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 in||9 x 40 x 4 in|
|Item Weight||6.3 lbs||4.5 lbs||5.7 lbs||5.7 lbs||6.4 lbs|
The BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium EASYFEED String Trimmer/Edger + 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries is part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System - Endless Tasks. Power for your Style. This tool is designed for trimming areas of overgrowth after mowing, as well as edging along borders, sidewalks, and flower beds. It features the Power Drive Transmission which increases torque for more cutting power at the string, and the 2-speed control lets you choose between more power or extended runtime. It easily converts from trimmer to wheeled edger. This unit features EASYFEED which allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required. It has a premium micro texture soft grip that provides comfort and control while using the tool, with adjustable height and handle for ideal user comfort. Cutting swath of 12 inches; Line Size - 0.065 inches; RPM - 5,500/7,200; Replacement Spool - AF-100. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 votes. Nominal voltage is 18. Includes: (1) LSTE525 20V MAX Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (2) LBXR20 20V MAX Lithium Batteries, (1) Charger, (1) AFS Spool, (1) Guard
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am very happy to report that the positive reviews are right! This is VERY powerful and was able to handle very thick weeds, tall overgrown grass, and also delicate grass. I was also impressed by the edging -- it went very quickly!
We already own a gas-powered trimmer, but it took all my arm strength to just hold the thing... I had no muscles left to aim it! This is so lightweight and relatively quiet. I'm thrilled that now I can trim around the garden and walkways when I need to, instead of nagging my husband.
I purchased the set with 2 batteries which I definitely recommend. They last a very decent amount of time (about 15-20 mins for me before it starts slowing down) so having 2 saves it from being a frustrating experience. I also like that the manual specifically and explicitly states that you can leave the battery on the charger with no ill effects, and encourages you to charge it frequently rather than letting it drain down. It's much more convenient.
In summary, two thumbs up!
Battery/ies DO come with it.
Fairly solid construction - it's got plenty of plastic pieces, but they aren't too flimsy or easily breakable.
Battery power and life are excellent. I've got a small to medium-sized yard with a fence around it, and one battery takes care of it all. Just in case it were to run out, the second battery (which comes with, if you choose that option) is on the charger.
There are two battery "modes" - power and battery life - and they do exactly what they sound like. Power mode gives you more cutting power (at the expense of battery life) and battery life gives you longer cutting time (at the expense of cutting power). I've found that the vast majority of my weekly weed whacking needs are taken care of using the battery life mode. You can quickly and easily switch between the two modes if you need a little more oomph.
Battery runs about 20-30 mins (of actual cutting) on the power saving mode, a bit less on power mode. If you find you need more run time or power, you can always upgrade to higher capacity Black+Decker universal battery (available at hardware stores, Amazon, etc).
As for the string/cut wire, there are easily-replaceable pre-loaded heads that simply click into place. From what I've read in other reviews, there are ways you can string it yourself with whatever string you like. Personally, I'll stick with the pre-wounds - I'm 3 weeks into this product and still using the first pre-loaded cartridge that came with it. Plus you can get a three-pack of replacements on Amazon here for about $9 (product number is AF-100-3ZP).
The product description doesn't say this unit has an auto-feed feature, and says it has a button on the handle that releases more string; the button sure does work, but I've found that the unit seems to be auto-feeding itself most of the time too. I've rarely had to to "tell it" to let out more line. It's been quite convenient and thus far hasn't tangled or anything.
Additionally, the unit can be extended to make it taller/shorter. You just twist the lock, shorten or lengthen as-needed, and twist the lock back into place. Very quick and simple.
There is a "safety" on the handle that you need to hold down with the side of your thumb before you can pull the trigger. It's very conveniently placed and doesn't make it hard to use.
My only minor complaint with this unit is the handle (the one mid-way down, not the one with the trigger). It functions just fine, but it's got "lock" points (to set the angle how you like it) that occasionally come loose. It has to be set to one of these three lock points and sometimes, if you've been using it awhile, it'll vibrate out of the lock and slip to the next one. Takes all of about 2 seconds to set it right again, so it's certainly not a deal breaker, just a little annoying when it happens.
* Yep, that’s it. No more pumping the ball, no more mixing gas, no more running to town for gas, no more yanking on the cord or flooding the machine.
* No electric cords to string across the lawn. This is simple.
* This is the second 20 V weedeater that I have purchased. My daughter is a single mom and asked to borrow the first one. She raved about how well it works, so, I gave it to her.
* I got the trimmer/edger with two batteries. I also ordered the companion leaf blower. So have a total of three batteries and two chargers. Awesome.
* This thing is a munching machine. It has a 12 inch cut, or swath, as they call it. Converts from a trimmer/weedeater to a wheeled edger. Which I am super excited about.
* It has adjustable height on the main bar. I adjusted it full out since I am 5 foot eight. Then I had to adjust it in just a little.
* There is a carry handle to make it even feel more lightweight then the 9 pounds that it actually is.
* If feels good in my hand. Comfortable. The material is probably some kind of rubber/silicone. I did not sweat when I was using it. My hand stayed snug on the handle.
* It takes two buttons to make the machine run. It is not going to come on by accident around small children.
* Which is good because I keep my 14-month-old granddaughter Monday through Friday during school hours. See video.
* On the handle there is a button I reach with my thumb to feed more string. It is such a pleasure to operate.
* There are two different speeds available. One for power whipping which uses the battery faster. And one for energy saving which goes a little slower and not as hard, but the battery lasts longer
* I’ll be using each of those species, depending on which job I am using it for.
* This is an exceptional trimmer, weedeater, weed whipper, whatever you want to call it. When you buy it, it’s yours, you can call it anything. I call Mine a Weed-Eater.
* Here's A Link To The companion Blower (Uses Same Battery): BLACK+DECKER LSW221 20V MAX Lithium Cordless Sweeper
* If you have any questions, click my name, email me, I will answer.
* If you leave a comment, I will not be notified of your comment, therefore I cannot answer questions.
* Hope this info helps. Thanks for reading.