Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BLACK+DECKER 10000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Un..." and save 26% off the $379.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
BLACK+DECKER 10000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Unit, Remote, LED Display, Window Vent Kit, 4 Caster Wheels, White
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- COOL AS A CUCUMBER: Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 150 - 250 square feet or 10 x 20 foot room pleasant and comfy during the summer months when the heat sets in. Works in double hung or sliding windows only, no crank windows.
- DESIGN ENGINEERING: Vertical motion creates a steady and powerful airflow that provides consistent temperature in any room in the house. Slide out filter that rinses easily under a faucet for a fresh air feel. 4 caster wheels included for easy movement and compact portability.
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy the simplicity and precision of programmable, electronic controls and the clarity of an LED digital display and a 24 hour on/off timer and sleep mode. 115 volts, 950 watts and 60Hz.
- 3-IN-1: Bucket less designed cooling unit combines cooling, fan and dehumidification modes with a simple quiet and noiseless operation (approx. 75dB on high setting). Environmentally friendly R410a refrigerant. Slide Out Washable Filter & Large Front Vented Airflow Outlet
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: The maximum length of the exhaust hose is 4 feet and 11 inches; window kit included for easy installation and a manual guide for set up. BONUS: Remote control included. Important to note: according to the 2017 DOE testing standard, this unit carries a 6000 BTU cool but according to the ashrae 128 this ac is a 10000 BTU cool.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Enjoy the convenience of accessing all the features of your portable air conditioner from anywhere in the room.
LED Digital Display
Control panel and display designed to be easy-to-see and simple to operate.
Slide Out Filter
Sturdy, included air filter can be easily cleaned and reused over and over.
Cool As a Cucumber
Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 150 - 250 square feet or 10 x 20 foot room pleasant and comfy during the summer months when the heat sets in.
Works in double hung or sliding windows only, no crank windows.
Moving from room to room is quick and easy as you take advantage of the castors and integrated carry handles.
Enjoy a comfortable home climate with this versatile BLACK+DECKER unit. It cools, dehumidifies, and circulates air to stand up to summer heat. Offering immediate, uninterrupted comfort, this Portable Air Conditioner features easy-to-use LED electronic controls and is quiet while you sleep (75dB on high setting). This unit comes with rolling castors and side carrying handles for easy-to maneuver mobile comfort and everything needed for an effortless installation. Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 150 - 250 square feet or 10 x 20 foot room pleasant and comfy during the summer months when the heat sets in. Works in double hung or sliding windows only, no crank windows.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there an extender for wider windows?
Can it only be vented through a window?
It can be vented through a wall or door into another room that you don’t mind getting warm.
What is the Volts and Hz?
115v and 60Hz.
Will it restart after a power outage?
Yes, it will restart automatically.
How long is the exhaust hose?
Is the window kit included?
Yes, the window kit is included with the unit and is easy to set up.
Is there a sleep button?
Is the unit noisy?
How many amps?
Can these be setup in a crank casement window?
No, only a slider casement window.
If my window is smaller, can I cut the included window panel?
Yes, you can cut the window panel using a saw if you need to make it smaller to exhaust. Please be careful though.
How long is the power cord?
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"IMPORTANT if Air conditioner has not been stored or transported in an upright position, wait at least 24 hours before operating the unit."
This is NOT MENTIONED anywhere in the instruction manual.
I noticed it was laying on it's side in the FedEx truck.
I wonder how many negative reviews are a result of people who didn't notice/heed this advice.
It's 108 degrees here today, and 87 in my living room using our evaporative cooler.
I can wait until tomorrow. I think anyone who buys an AC unit online should know this. Somewhere along the line, your unit has probably been on its side.
I'll update my review later. Just wanted to put this out. Good luck!
+ Cools the room fast!
+ Looks great
+ Doesn't need to have the water emptied so often. Maybe once or twice during a hot season.
+ Easy to install and set up.
+ Not as noisy as I thought. The fan is quiet and when the compressor kicks in you turns up the decibels, but doesn't bother me. Sounds like the AC units in the Las Vegas rooms.
+Exhaust hose and components seem to do a great job of not letting heat back into the house. Make sure the space between the unit and your window is fairly short.
What can be improved:
- Bright blue display lights will illuminate your entire room. I have to cover it with a magazine at night to keep it dark.
- The weather strips and seals that come with it are cheap and tear easily. Make sure you get them on right the first time. Otherwise, prepare a trip to your local hardware store.
- The 3 piece section that is put into your window isn't even and gives for small spaces which allow hot air to enter. Easily solved by using some duct tape to seal it.
PS 1. Remember to let it stand for 24 hours before operating.
PS 2. This unit pulls 10.8 amps. Make sure that the AC plug you are using doesn't strain your fuse box and cause it to trip. I used it where there were other lights, TVs and a Playstation running and it tripped my fuse box that was rated for 15 amps.
Now noise level, this isn't a central air unit so of course it's going to make noise. I actually love it, its white noise to me and helps me sleep better.
All in all it does its job and I'm not melting in this bi polar CA heat waves. Highly recommend!
We put this in the corner of the living room and having it pointing toward the middle of the living room which is approximately 15’x30’. Sea he vent to the window and it is nicely hidden by my drapes (and some other stuff lol). I set it to 74 and the room cooled down within 10 minutes. The living room is longer than it is wide and we sit about 20 feet away from the unit. The living room leads into the dining/kitchen and I can feel it all the way in there so I’d say it cools nicely.
I thought about buying a 2nd unit for the master bedroom but decided since this is portable I’ll just roll it in there.
Attractive (more so than a window unit)
Multifunction (cools and dehumidify)
Cools quickly and quietly
Covers a pretty large area
Remote control makes life easier for couch potatoes
No unsightly window unit banging away and blocking your view out the window
Window vent was too wide for the window and we had to cut it to size. It would be nice if the manufacturer made a shorter panel.
All in all I am very pleased with this unit and would highly recommend it.
It's very cool and so far seems to be very high quality. I am very happy with it.