Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $76.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
BLACK+DECKER BPACT14HWT Portable Air Conditioner with Heat and Remote Control 7,500 BTU DOE (14,000 BTU ASHRAE), Cools Up to 350 Square Feet, White
Enhance your purchase
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||Portable AC with Heat and Remote Control|
|Warranty Type||1 year limited|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.1 x 13.8 x 28.1 inches|
|Item Weight||68.3 Pounds|
|Core Material||Environmentally Friendly R410a Refrigerant|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PORTABLE A/C HEATER COMBO UNIT - Our 7,500 BTU DOE (14,000 BTU ASHRAE) dual compact air conditioner & heater will keep you cool & comfortable during the summer, & toasty warm in the winter. An adjustable fan speed cools the air up to 55°F, and heats up to 81°F
- HEATS & COOLS MOST ROOMS - This portable heat & AC unit provides steady & fast cooling and heating for rooms up to 350 sq. ft. It’s the perfect air conditioner & heater for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, garages, or living rooms
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Since it’s easy to move around with handles & castor wheels, just roll it into any room with an accessible double hung or sliding window. Attach the included hose (4’ 11” long) & window adapter, & plug it in to an outlet. Slide Out Washable Filter & Large, 4 Direction Vented Airflow Outlet
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN – The simple remote control & top-mounted LED display with 24-hour timer allow you to precisely control the air temperature. To clean the filter, just slide it out twice a month, rinse it thoroughly under running water, & put it back
- 4-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY – Combining 4 energy efficient modes in one small unit (17.1 x 13.8 x 28.1 in.), the COOL, FAN, HEAT & DEHUMIDIFY settings meet all of your home cooling, heating, & ventilation needs. SLEEP, MAX & AIR SWING functions control airflow
Discover similar items
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What's in the box
Enjoy a comfortable home climate with this versatile BLACK+DECKER unit. It cools, dehumidifies, circulates air in the summer, and provides heat during those cold winter months. Offering immediate, uninterrupted comfort, this Portable Air Conditioner features easy-to-use LED electronic controls and is quiet while you sleep. This unit comes with rolling castors and side carrying handles for easy-to maneuver mobile comfort and everything needed for an effortless installation. Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage comfy during the summer months when the heat sets in. Works in double hung or sliding windows only, no crank windows. To minimize noise and vibration, the air conditioner should be placed on a firm floor. For safe and secure positioning, place the unit on a smooth, level floor strong enough to support the unit. For a better cooling, make sure all the windows and doors are closed. Connect the duct and make sure it can function properly. Also note that, mirco processor control delays the compressor from operating until 3 mins have passed.
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ Cools the room fast!
+ Looks great
+ Doesn't need to have the water emptied so often. Maybe once or twice during a hot season.
+ Easy to install and set up.
+ Not as noisy as I thought. The fan is quiet and when the compressor kicks in you turns up the decibels, but doesn't bother me. Sounds like the AC units in the Las Vegas rooms.
+Exhaust hose and components seem to do a great job of not letting heat back into the house. Make sure the space between the unit and your window is fairly short.
What can be improved:
- Bright blue display lights will illuminate your entire room. I have to cover it with a magazine at night to keep it dark.
- The weather strips and seals that come with it are cheap and tear easily. Make sure you get them on right the first time. Otherwise, prepare a trip to your local hardware store.
- The 3 piece section that is put into your window isn't even and gives for small spaces which allow hot air to enter. Easily solved by using some duct tape to seal it.
PS 1. Remember to let it stand for 24 hours before operating.
PS 2. This unit pulls 10.8 amps. Make sure that the AC plug you are using doesn't strain your fuse box and cause it to trip. I used it where there were other lights, TVs and a Playstation running and it tripped my fuse box that was rated for 15 amps.
The first unit I bought burnt out a fuse and I had to replace it myself, it says it's a 15 amp unit but it fried a 20 amp fuse. Amazon was able to reimburse me for it however no problems at all is what I paid for and the down time for me has been a real problem.
Also both units violently rattle around and shake constantly before the 'cool' (usually about 80°F) air just completely shuts off in about 30 minute intervals.
Whoever made the Black + Decker Amazon account seems to be someone just buying trashed extra units from the real Black and Decker and 'fixing' them in their garage or something. Both times I received a unit like this it came packed differently as though someone definitely opened it before I got it. Also the boxes came in really bad shape. Whoever you are fake account I hope you read this and stop ruining what used to be a reliable household name brand. Don't buy these pieces of sh1t.
I previously had a LG unit that never gave me any problems. I used it too cool a same sized room as this. Used it off of a generator during Irma too. It got bumped around transporting it to and from different homes during that time. Never had an issue. I replaced it with this one, as I gave the LG to my parents.
I should have replaced it with anther LG. Now I have a much more expensive Black and Decker that is useless and I’ll be in south Florida 90 degree heat for two weeks until it gets replaced. They won’t refund the money. So I’m either out a lot of money and buy a new one brand today or I wait up to two weeks for this to be replaced.
Don’t get sucked in by the positive reviews here. It’s not worth it. But an LG instead. This thing sucks.
Update- I have called amazon 3 times and b and d 3 times as well, they asked me to send my proof of purchase in to them and I did right away, that was over a month ago and have called again since then. I have recieved no calls or emails from them and I keep getting hung up on after long periods of hold times. This sucks i just want this unit replaced