Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BLACK+DECKER Spacemaker Multi-Purpose Can Opener, ..." and save 64% off the $78.87 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
BLACK+DECKER Spacemaker Multi-Purpose Can Opener, Black, CO100B
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SpaceMaker Design frees your counter and includes cord storage
- Built-in Can Opener glides through cans in seconds; Built-in Knife Sharpener easily sharpens knives
- Built-in Bottle Opener Easily opens bottles without the hassle.
- Auto Shutoff - The unit shuts off when not in use, No need to worry about power switches
- Swing-Open Door- All the great features are concealed behind a swing-open door that gives the unit a sleek look, and the power cord stores in the back of the unit so you can use the exact length you need without creating clutter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item BLACK+DECKER Spacemaker Multi-Purpose Can Opener, Black, CO100B
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$6.45|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Zui Deals||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||RED_CARPET|
|Color||Black||Black||As the piture shown||Black||White||White|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 6.5 x 5 in||5.01 x 4.67 x 10.2 in||—||6 x 5.87 x 10.87 in||3.5 x 2 x 7.5 in||9 x 14 x 3 in|
|Item Weight||1.12 lbs||3.07 lbs||—||—||—||3.38 lbs|
|Material Type||plastic||—||—||plastic||TPE, PP, Stainless Steel, POM, GF Nylon & Brass||—|
Save time and space in the kitchen with the Black+Decker Spacemaker Multi-Purpose Can Opener. The unit mounts securely under cabinets for easy access and reliable performance, freeing up valuable counter space for all your kitchen tasks. The power pierce cutter easily removes can lids with hands-free operation. Other features include: bag cutter, bottle opener, knife sharpener. The power cord stores conveniently in the back of the unit, and an easy-open door conceals the tools when not in use.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is my 4th spacesaver one, and the 4th model I've lived with.
I hate to have to say it, but this model is a huge step background from the previous 3 models. I hope that for the 5th model, they will go back to the previous designs. If you owned one of the previous models, I'd advise you to hunt for a used one on ebay or something.
Here are the problems:
- the rack is way too high up and therefore too close to the top heating bar; it never used to be, who on earth thought this would be a good idea? It burns nearly everything it bakes now. Attached is a photo of two breakfast croissants gently heated at 250 F for 4 minutes - ruined.
- we used to bake potatoes in this rather than firing up the big oven but some malevolent soul at Black and Decker decided too many people were baking potatoes in it, apparently, and so, raised that rack so you can't really fit a potato in there anymore.
- the "all done" beep is so faint you have to have your ear pressed next to the glass door to hear it. What on earth was wrong with the very loud ding it used to make, surely there weren't people complaining about that?
- if you leave it plugged in, it uses more electricity than the previous models did because it will run the constant display. I can't imagine anyone was asking for yet another slow drain sucking on their electricity bills.
- the dial controls were easy at a glance to understand. Turn dial, press GO button. This new digital interface is so complex that it requires reaching for the manual each time. You don't end up memorizing it because each step is so different from the others and so complex for what something your mind tells you should be a no brainer
- the buttons are confusing and not intuitive at all.
- interface guidance (writing etc) on the previous models was bold and clear. For this model, you need several blaring search lights pointed at it to try to make it all out.
- new interface requires 3 or 4 (or 5) clicks for what used to be a "2 click" operation at most. It's like, I just wanted to heat up a slice of leftover pizza, not send it into orbit.
- why is the oven time limit 30 minutes now, for pete's sake? The previous models had a dial that was capable of 60 minutes; this is progress?
- once you had the setting you liked set for toast on the previous models, it stayed there. It was a slider bar, independent of electricity. To make toast, you put bread in, closed the door, pressed go. Now, it's 5 or 6 complicated steps for a piece of toast (if you don't like the default setting it always reverts to) so you better make sure you've had a coffee first and started to wake up
- the display is very, very hard to read
- heats unevenly
- the previous models were actually useful as mini ovens to actually cook in, this one is not because of the malevolent pixies that played with the design in the workshop
- I wasn't thrilled that owing to the different size, we had to install an all new mounting mechanism. I suspect loyal, repeat customers who'd been through the misery of installing the mounting mechanism would have just appreciated a replacement model that would have glided right in, and you're done. Why oh why did you decide that making loyal repeat customers go through the mounting misery all over again was a good idea?
- does not come with a baking tray. Thankfully we had the foresight to hang on the previous baking tray.
- does not come with a pull out crumb tray, only one that drops down on a back hinge dumping the contents all over the counter
Black and Decker, this iteration of your space saver oven is a lemon; it's the Windows Millennium and Windows Vista of this product line, a dud. For the next iteration, I hope you are racing back to the previous features -- dials are fine! they work and retain settings when electricity goes off. You don't need to hunt for a manual. AND they are more green friendly as they are not wasting electricity for an LCD display that frankly no one can really see anyway. What I should have done, in hindsight, was put this money instead towards getting version 3 repaired. Sigh.
In all fairness, and as Signin Sammy pointed out, I did neglect to mention that this unit comes with a set of spacers. However, they weren't adequate for the 1.5" skirt on my cabinets. They stack up to just about 1.0".
This seems to be a fine product although I haven't used it much as yet. I did have a similar one from B&D and used it for 16+ years. I only replaced it because I remodeled my kitchen and it just didn't fit in anymore.
So, why just four stars? It isn't designed for cabinets with a skirted front fascia. It is designed for cabinets with a flush bottom fascia. They don't tell you this until you open the instructions. At least nowhere I was able to find. I had to make an extended wooden mount to drop it below the 1.5" skirt around the bottom of my cabinets. Luckily, I tinker with woodworking so it wasn't a big deal but, I think there should be something in the description about this. Others may not have the incredible wood-crafting skills that I possess but, may have the skirted cabinets I also possess.
This new one fits well under cabinet but I'm concerned that the door to the opener wouldn't last too long because of frequent opening
So far so good!
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Black+Decker Space Maker Toaster Oven. We're thrilled to hear that your original Black+Decker Space Maker has been serving you so well for so long, but we're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the replacement's design. We strive to provide quality products and exceptional customer support, and we hope you will continue to consider us for your future purchases. If you'd like to relate your experience to us directly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ID number 41432718 so we can address your concerns.
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your Black+Decker Space Maker Can Opener. We're delighted to learn that your original Space Maker worked so well for so long, but we're sorry to hear that the replacement hasn't been opening cans consistently. Your can opener has a two year warranty, and we'd like to work with you on a solution. Please contact us at email@example.com and reference ID number 41486998 so we can better assist you. We look forward to hearing from you, Terri.
Most recent customer reviews
It's great unit.