Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $8.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer / Edger, 13-Inch, 5-Amp (ST8600)
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Product Dimensions||8 x 36 x 4 inches; 5.35 Pounds|
|Cutting Width||13 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2-IN-1 - Corded electric Trimmer and Edger cuts along borders, sidewalks and flower beds and easily converts between trimmer and wheeled edger.
- EASY HANDLING - Lightweight and easy to handle with adjustable height handles
- MORE LINE, MORE CONTROL - Automatically feeds more line with no bumping necessary thanks to AUTOMATIC SPOOL FEED technology
- HIGH POWER, LOW NOISE - POWERDRIVE Transmission delivers more power from the motor to the cutting string so you can get the job done faster
- WIDER TRIMMING AREA - 13” Trim radius lets you cover more ground faster
Buy this product as Renewed and save $4.38 off the current New price.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
BLACK+DECKER Electric 13-Inch String Trimmer / Edger
Power through weeds grass, grass and overgrowth with this corded electric string trimmer/edger with 5.0 amp motor and POWERDRIVE Transmission.
Features and Benefits of the BLACK+DECKER Electric 13-Inch String Trimmer / Edger
13-Inch Trimming Radius
Trim a wider area faster with an extended 13 inch trim radius.
Two Tools In One
Easily convert from string trimmer to wheeled edger.
Powerdrive Transmission Technology
Patented transmission tech gives you increased torque and more cutting power at the string head.
BLACK+DECKER’s electric lawn and garden equipment releases zero emissions in your yard, helping to reduce your carbon footprint
Compare with similar items
BLACK+DECKER AF-100-32P AF-100-3ZP faucet-trim-kits, 3 pack
BLACK+DECKER BESTA510 String Trimmer
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX String Trimmer, 2-Speed, 12-Inch, Cordless (LST522)
BLACK+DECKER 20V Max String Trimmer/Edger, 12-Inch (LSTE525)
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX String Trimmer/Edger Kit, 10-Inch (LST201)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Cutting Width||13.0 inches||—||14.0 inches||1200 inches||1200 inches||1000 inches|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 36 x 4 inches||3.25 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches||8.5 x 4.88 x 37.6 inches||9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 inches||9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 inches||11 x 42.3 x 5 inches|
|Item Weight||5.35 lbs||4.80 ounces||3.19 lbs||5.70 lbs||6.30 lbs||4.50 lbs|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Battery Powered||Corded Electric||battery-powered||Battery-Powered||Lithium Ion|
|Size||13 Inches||3 pack||—||12"||—||10"|
Twice the tool in one easy package. The BLACK+DECKER 5 Amp 13-Inch String Trimmer/ Edger makes cutting back overgrowth, grass, and weeds simple. Easily switch between trimmer to wheeled edger in seconds and take control of your lawn, backyard, or sidewalk thanks to adjustable height and handles with premium micro texture grips. PowerDrive Transmission puts more power in your hands with increased torque and cutting power at the string. AUTOMATIC SPOOL FEED technology automatically feeds more line when you need it with no bumping necessary. The built in edge guide gives precise edging so you can give your lawn and grass a clean finish. And the built in cord-retention system prevents accidental disconnection while you work.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, I have to make a trip to the hardware store, or perhaps more sensibly remove enough material that my regular outdoor extension cord fits.
1 star for wasting my time, reasonless.
1. The plug in is recessed and does not fit a normal extension cord. I wasn't going to purchase another extension cord just for this so I actually took scissors and shaved the edges of the plug in on the edger (it's just plastic and took maybe 5 minutes). Worked great!
2. The auto line feeder is basically designed to make you run out quicker. Luckily that's easy enough to fix by placing a piece of duct tape over the little feeder. If you're not sure what I'm talking about there are YouTube videos that show you - it's super simple and now you decide when to feed new line.
By Cosmos on April 13, 2019
Top reviews from other countries
Pero le pongo 4 estrellas porque no entiendo cómo funciona la cuerda automática. Se supone que el carrete gira automáticamente, pero ni siquiera el manual dice en qué se basa este sistema. Claramente no hay un sensor en la cuerda, tampoco suelta cuerda casa vez que enciendes el aparato, entonces sería bueno conocerlo como usuario porque de esa manera puedes optimizar el uso de la cuerda.
Le iba poniendo unas marcas a la cuerda con un plumón, y concluí que más o menos gasté unos 30 cms de cuerda en cortar mi cesped. Lo cual me parece muy bueno, porque un carrete de 10 mts me durará para unos 30 trabajos. Nada mal, pero insisto, es un enigma. Después actualizaré cuánto me duró un carrete.
This edger has the wire guide like my old one which I miss so much. Was looking for one like that and this was the closest . My old one, the wire guide was built in, flip out and in when not edging , this one the wire is removable . But even so you would hardly have to remove it, and if you did have to it does so very easily.
These wire guides for the edges works best, the wheels on the newer models are hit and miss and is a bad idea for edging. The wire guide gives you a clean neat line .
I would definitely recommend this product.
Update: there is an individual on these reviews that recommended looking at disabling the auto string feed from a I tube video. He should be awarded a “problem solver” award. THANKS SO MUCH!