Top positive review
5 people found this helpful
Buy em before the company realizes they are WAY TO CHEAP.
on May 5, 2016
This is one of my first product reviews. I'll be through and fair. I am VERY picky about my sunglasses. It is almost impossible to find the perfect pair, but these LOCS are about as close as it get. Either they don't hold up, or they don't fit well. I read just about every review on these before purchasing. Most were helpful, and others had minor complaints. Here are the conditions. I have had these glasses for just under a month and have already put them through hell. I work in emergency medical services, essentially on an ambulance.My particular service tends to be very hard on our gear, it's just the nature of our work. I have dropped these glasses, had them slammed against other equipment, and even had a patient snatch them off my hat and throw them across a parking lot. I will start with the negatives, with the intention of leaving you on a positive note toward the end of the review.
1. The glasses tend to fog in certain high humidity situations. I live in the south, and we have plenty of humidity. This has only happened a few times, and is almost instantly fixed by bringing the glasses down the bridge of the nose just a touch to allow air flow behind the lenses. The fogging, while annoying, has not been bad enough that I could not see well.
2. At certain angles relative to the sun, you can't catch some decent glare off shiny objects. My eyes are photosensitive, and it still didn't cause to much of a bother.
3. The decorative silver piece fell off today from the left arm. I am not talking about the logo but the small silver piece that runs vertical on the arm near the lens. I was lucky enough to see it come off, and it snapped right back on. About 5 mins ago I took it off to glue it for extra security. Even though I ha JUST snapped it back on, it was really hard to get back off. I am assuming this happened because I, OF COURSE, dropped them on a concrete floor about 10 minuets before it fell off. Feel free to write me and ask how they are doing.
Now, the positives.
1. For the price, you CAN NOT BEAT THESE GLASSES. Seriously some of the best glasses I have owned and they are like 7 bucks. That being said throughout my military career I have owned numerous oakelys and wiley x sunglasses. These are already my favorite EVER.
2. They are super dark. NO ONE will see your eyes through these glasses. GUYS, I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS. Even thought they are SUPER dark, I didn't have a problem with them on cloudy days like one of the other reviews stated, and I have horrible eyesight.
3. They fit perfect. I was concerned because other reviews said they where way to big. To put this in context, I am 6 foot 215lbs. They fit like a glove. I have been upside down inside of wrecked cars with these things on, and even in physical situations and they haven't fallen off my face.
4. The tough material makes them seem scratch PROOF. All the punishment mine have taken and neither lens has a SINGLE scratch. That's even after someone threw them across a parking lot. They had no chips or scratches on the lenses or the frame. They are seriously tough.
5. They clean very easily, I use alcohol pads from work, and they are spotless, and it doesn't hurt them. It seems to have also helped with that small fogging issue
6. These will up your "badass" factor..
If the company made the price $40, and I needed replacements, I would still buy these glasses.That's all for now. Feel free to write me about anything else related to this product. If I know the answer, I will tell you.
Lastly I would like to say that I was not provided these glasses for a review. I just think honest reviews are important for other.