Best Books of the Year So Far Men's Summer Sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Internet New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outcastS4 outcastS4 outcastS4  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 19, 2017
The cover snaps on very nicely and stays put. It's a well made design. The little legs for tilting the computer make for a nice typing angle. I am only giving it 4 stars because of the color. I understand that it's hard to totally depict a true color on a printed box or computer screen vs. seeing it in person. I think I would have picked a more subtle color had I known the pink was so bright. It's a great color for girls...like a princess pink...but as a grown woman, well...lets just say that it screams "girly-girl" at you! Ha! I can learn to live with it though as it's not worth returning for another color. The keyboard cover was a very nice plus as it's not advertised on the product page. It fits the keys beautifully and is easy to get used to when typing with it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on July 1, 2018
There aren't too many cover options for older MacBooks. I did a lot of searching and this proved to be the best quality and most economical option. It holds up well and doesn't easily crack if you treat your MacBook with care. I love the included keyboard cover. It lasts and lasts and is easy to type through. I never use the folding feet underneath to change the angle, so that wasn't selling point for me.

I bought this in clear and and black. The reason I got the black cover was to mask a weird cosmetic flaw (manufacturing defect, probably) on the cover of my 2008 white Macbook. The light showing through sections of the cover, not just through the Apple logo (you can see shadows of the interior structure). Anyway, the black case pretty much masks that problem.
on October 8, 2015
Great case for my ten year-old (yikes!) daily user, white Macbook. It fits like a glove, the plastic is solid and protective, and best of all, the little pop-up feet on the back are a major aide to ventilation and prop up the computer to a very comfortable slight incline, which is great when you are sitting in front of the computer with it on a surface. The rubber pads on the bottom front are good quality and effective as well. They really grip well and prevent sliding. And I also like the way the Apple logo shines through the back-- the square "cut-out" as it appears in the picture, is just a hardly noticeable indented square area on the inside of the top part of the case (it has 2 parts..), not a window as it appears in the image. The square is really almost invisible in a brightly lit area and completely invisible in dim lighting. It looks nice, not Cheap-O. The logo appears dimmer, but in a dark, subtle, frosted way, which suits my taste just fine.

The ONLY issues, and they are really quite minor in my consumer opinion: The very very slight added bulk that the case adds prevents the laptop screen from opening as far back as it used to, preventing it from tilting all of the way. Gosh, it must be less than or just about a 5-8 degree difference. And there's really no easy way to grip the little feet on the bottom as you pop them into action. You have to awkwardly claw at them a little but it just takes a second. They feel solid as well, so I'm not worried about breaking the plastic tabs that hold them in, as I'd imagine would be an issue with cheap construction. Really quite impressed.

BOOM, 5 stars.
on March 5, 2014
I bought 3 of these covers (blue, orange, and red) to protect 3 of my older MacBooks. iPearl thought of everything when they built these units right down to an opening on the back cover to let you check the battery status. The covers snap onto your Mac with very small tabs including 2 longer tabs located at the back of the lower cover near the hinge. If you make sure all the tabs are engaged, then the unit fits nice and snug. Case design is simple, covers most of the laptop, and protects the edges. There are 2 small rubber feet at the front, and there are 2 small snap out feet at the rear in case you like to work with a tilted keyboard (as I'm doing now) to make it more ergometric for your hands. The back of the case has grooves in it so you can disperse heat better. There's also a small hole by the battery to test battery status. Clearance for the DVD, and plugs on the side is good. You can even use the lock hole.

As a bonus, I found a silicone keyboard cover included in each case that I ordered. The covers are soft silicone, and the printing actually matches the key layout as well.

Here are my details:

Pros:
1. Quick Shipping. I got these in less than a week with standard shipping.
2. Matte finish, less likely to show fingerprints
3. Snug fit. Make sure you get all the tabs to snap in, especially the 2 longer tabs on the back of the lower cover.
4. heat dissipation - great. The slots on the bottom give you extra dissipation, and if you use the tabs on the back to angle the keyboard, you get even more.
7. translucent design, you can see all the lights through the cover.
8. there are 4 small bumps on the top cover. If set your laptop down upside down, or stack a book on top of it, theres a small amount of protection to prevent the case from getting scratches.
9. rubber feet on front pads.
10. hinged rear liftable feet on back for airflow, or to better angle your keyboard.
9. bonus - silicone keyboard cover, and it even maps the function keys correctly for my MacBook

Cons.
1. Hard plastic cover does not give any protection from slipping out of your hands as you carry it. As a note - it's just as slippery as the Macbook case without a cover!
2. hinged rear liftable feet might break at some point. While the case is great, and the feet work really well, you should use care when carrying the unit and retract them before hand.
3. Front infrared port is covered by case. This means limited range, so if you use it, don't expect lots of range with this cover installed.

2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Could have been a great product, instead it is less than mediocre because of flaws in the design. The bottom piece seems warped and doesn't fit snuggly around the last corner. Top is good, if the bottom was the same it could have been perfect. Now I put the legs up and when the computer warms up with use it fits a little better because of the heat and the pressure of the laptop resting on it, but it is warped and will never be a snug fit. I'd like to take it off and put it infant of a heat vent with a dictionary on top of it for a while to see if that might help some, but I'm afraid to try to take it off because it is not coming off very easily and I don't want to crack it. Surprisingly no instructions came with it to give any tips for removing the bottom piece.

I gave it a second star because the little legs are absolutely great, giving a much improved typing position. And because I ordered the clear which you can't even tell I have on my laptop it came with a very thin unnoticeable clear keypad cover as well and that is wonderful. The color of my laptop is white. It doesn't affect my typing at all and I can type 85 words per minute. There is less clacking sound and I think it gives a much quieter nicer sound. One nice thing about the clear case is that I put a very pretty and large decal on the front of the laptop and you can still see it beautifully. You could place pictures as well that will always stay nice. You really can't tell that I have the case on. Too bad the bottom of the case is warped and therefore inadequate.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Seems to be almost "little to none" when it comes to that many options of covers out there that can be purchased for this specific laptop model. So glad I came across this one. Fits just perfectly. Ventilated where appropriately needed. Adjustable clips underneath to allow a preferred angle for comfort, as well as air to the bottom preventing any overheating. And I absolutely love the light blue color. Will add a photo of it when I get home. Also, I even got an extra surprise when it came with a free matching keyboard cover! I am definitely interested in how the other colors look as well. Would recommend this brand to others for sure!

Here are my details:

Pros:
1. Quick Shipping. I got these in less than a week with standard shipping.

Here are my details:

Pros:
1. Quick Shipping. I got these in less than a week with standard shipping.

on February 15, 2017
Very nice cover. I found it was close to impossible to find a MacBook that wasn't covered with marks and scratches. This cover took care of that problem and my MacBook looks really sharp. I have no complaints about this cover. The cover I received came with a silicone keyboard cover, and if I would have known it would have saved me $6 because I bought one at the same time I purchased the cover. Read through the ad a couple time and never saw anything about the cover. It's a plus not a con, just would have liked to have known. Awesome cover that brings new life into that old MacBook.
on November 5, 2011
This was one of only twoish covers that I could find for the older model macbook (I have a black macbook that I got around June of 2008). There used to be a lot more around but I guess they stopped making them. I should have gotten a cover for it earlier, but just started carrying it everyday on campus and was putting a lot of wear and tear on it. I debated between the pink and black but didn't like the sheerness of the pink with the black macbook, so I got the black.
I was worried it would look cheap, but it's decent looking. It just snapped right on and is definitely making my computer a LOT sturdier. It adds a little bit of weight but I still have it in my lap all the time with no problem. The little feet that prop up are nice when you are on a table, and stay out of the way when the mac is in your lap. My only complaint is that once I put the cover on, the apple on the front of my computer practically disappeared. I guess the black is not that sheer.
So I just put one of the apple stickers that come with the computer where the apple should have been (you could still kind of see it, but it just did not stand out anymore) and had a good laugh. I imagine the other colors probably don't have that problem. The price was very good and I think the purchase was worth it.