BLACKHAWK! KNOXX BreachersGrip Recoil-Reducing Pistol Grip - Mossberg 12 Gauge Varieties
|Price:||$62.93 + $12.63 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 75 percent reduction in perceived felt recoil
- Eliminates painful recoil
- Increased accuracy and faster follow-up shots
- Cuts muzzle rise to get back on target faster
- Increased confidence and effectiveness in shotgun utilization
- Fits Mossberg 12 Gauge Models 500, 535, 590, 835, and 88
- Single recoil-compensation system reduces felt recoil by up to 65%
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Recoil action works as advertised to absorb a significant amount of the energy that would other wise cause pain in the palm grip between the thumb and index finger. This makes a 12 guage with heavy buckshot manageable for a woman, teen, or grown man sissy.
I don't shoot a cruiser shotgun all day but with this grip you could probably do so if you were using one in a tactile shotgun class or something similar.
The only complaints I have are:
- It's a tad heavy, but it has to be I guess giving the springs inside.
- The unit is over molded and kind of obstructs the shell extractor button on the left side of a Mossberg 500 trigger guard. So I can't reach the button any more with my thumb in a natural firing position to unload the chamber and clear the magazine. Now I have to change my grip to accomplish. Not a major issue, just an annoyance.
- I don't like the sling post at the rear. I wish they had of given you a threaded point to mount the post at the rear or left/right side of the unit based on your application or preference. One of these days I know that post is going to catch me. And when it does that sucker is gonna hurt!
Today was my first time at the range with this grip and all I can say is Wow! I think the claim on Blackhawk's website was that it reduces recoil by upto 70%. At first I figured that was probably a bit of an exaggeration. To my surprise, that probably is a fair estimate. Right off the bat I shot through 5 rounds and not even the slightest pain. After 10 I tried the Glock and I was able to get some tight groups still even after the shotgun.
I loved my MOssberg before but now I really enjoy shooting it. Next time I goto the range I'm going to bring a bunch more shells. I highly recommend this to anyone.
I wanted a pistol grip and this one caught my eye. I figured if it was half as good with the recoil impulse as it was supposed to be, it would be well worth it.
To my pleasant surprise, the grip did exactly what I hoped for. It took my shotgun from being a shoulder pounding, awkward weapon that I didn't dare have my wife try to shoot, to a pleasant point, shoot, repeat gun that I can hand to my wife with full confidence.
On my first range trip with my shotgun I put 16 3" slugs followed by 4 2-3/4" slugs through the gun with a hard shoulder stock. As anyone who knows shotguns can imagine, my shoulder was hurting for days. Not a gun my wife would want to fire more than once, at least not in its stock setup.
Enter the Knoxx Breacher's Grip. I ordered it from Amazon, chose free shipping, still got it just 3 days later, on a Sunday, no less. I promptly put out on my shotgun, perfect fit, easy install, and waited, impatiently, for a chance to test it out. Finally, range day came. I put around 50 rounds, (25 bird shot, 15 buck shot, 10 slugs), through the gun in about 45 minutes. I destroyed several targets and at least half a tree trunk, but not my wrist. My strong hand felt about like I had mowed a big yard, that was pretty much the worst of it. The entire experience was quite pleasant.
Overall, this grip is exactly what should be in any home defense shotgun.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was hesitant to believe that this would substantially reduce recoil and was warned that I would regret going to a pistol grip. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Otis F Fudpucker
Received it in a hurry, easy to mount....work great! Haven't shoot 3 in slugs yet but birdshot is absolutely no problem.Published 1 month ago by Charles
As advertised, a great product, over the standard, to better handle the shock pressures to the wrist. One less variable to deal with in bear country.Published 12 months ago by Michael D. Kast
This is great. I have had it on my Maverick 88 for a year and no issues. It really absorbs a lot of recoil and the ergonomics are comfortable. Read morePublished 14 months ago by All-access Customer
WOW!! This took away about 80% of the recoil. Shipping was to much but I thought of selling my mossburg but after buying this grip I'm keeping my mossburg. I'm Very happy.Published 16 months ago by michael hamlin
The bad is that it lenghthens my Mossy 500 by over an inch. The good is that it really softens the recoil making buckshot and even slugs a no pain deal. I like it a lot!Published 18 months ago by desertbeagle