BLU D510 STUDIO 5.3 Unlocked Android Quad Band Dual SIM Smartphone with 5.3-Inch Display, 5MP Camera, Wi-Fi and GPS - White
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This unlocked cell phone will work on GSM carries like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported.
- Unlocked Dual SIM Quad-Band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (Both SIMs) and GPRS/EDGE data capabilities.
- Dual SIM Card support; Social Networking Capabilities; 5MP Camera, 2592x1944 pixels; VGA Secondary Camera; GPS with A-GPS support; SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM; MicroSD Card Slot expendable up to 32GB.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Wi-Fi hotspot; MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player; MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player; 3.5mm Audio Jack; Java MIDP emulator; Stereo FM radio; Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity and Compass Sensors; Standard battery, Li-Ion 2500 mAh.
- Talk time up to 12 hrs - Standby up to 500 hrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The newest Android smartphone from BLU! STUDIO 5.3 is a GSM Dual SIM phone that comes loaded with great specifications. It's impressive 5.3" TFT Capacitive Touchscreen Display supports 16M colors along with 480 X 800 pixels resolution providing the most exciting mobile experience. The display also offers multi touch input method and touch sensitive controls for your convenience. With 800 MHz of processor and Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, BLU STUDIO 5.3 is fast and easy to use. It comes packed with 512MB of ROM, 256MB of RAM and its external memory can be expanded up to 32GB with the help of microSD card slot. For connectivity, BLU Studio 5.3 provides multiple options including GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0 and HTML Browser. For multimedia, it includes 5 MP Camera with AF and LED Flash, Secondary VGA Camera, 480p Video Recording at 30fps, FM Radio, GPS with AGPS, Java MIDP Emulator, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV Player, MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 Player, 2500 mAh battery and SNS Integration. BLU Studio 5.3, is more than a mobile phone, is it's new generation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Do everything my old bb curve can do, and more
2) Work with just about any carrier
3) I could tweak myself if I wanted to
4) Could replace a tablet/laptop in a pinch
5) Wouldn't break me if I broke something
6) Works very well w/Google voice
7) Help me get over my iPhone envy (as compared to bb)
Four star's because this phone's done everything I want, except Skype (still working on that). It did take a little work, but has been surprisingly fun and (not as hard as I'd anticipated) getting this phone to suit my needs. Here's what you need to know upfront:
1) Internal memory's tiny - move everything you can to the micro sd to save space. Pay attention at first to what's eating the battery and tweak accordingly.
2) If you tweak, be sure to prep first in case.... I'm really glad I did, and take baby steps now. [I am not a hacker, just a strong end user who does tons of research, reads & follows the directions]. I also changed my settings to update manually (better the tortoise than the hare) and backup as a part of the routine.
3) Video's great, but not HD. YouTube runs flawlessly, and movies in storage display as nicely as Zen, Archos, iTouch - the larger screen size is a bonus. Music's good too, but neither of the bloatware music and video player's performed like those available on Appstore for Android & Play Store. Games are great, but take an impatient minute to load.
4) This 'phablet' is sized like the galaxy note; it's great, but huge. Quite a transition from a bb. Good luck finding a case; protective screen easily fit after an exacto knife. I ordered the extended battery (elsewhere) and a leather book styled case and usb adapter from Amazon. Hopefully I can find rubberized cases on Amazon eventually
Photos posted comparing bb, and a couple of pics from Blu.
The 2nd Blu's for my tween (she's proved she can take care of her iTouch), and now I can afford 2 phones for what my 1 contract plan (thankfully now fulfilled) costs. Looking forward to seeing Blu's Elite 3.8 when it hits the market.
**UPDATE**: Would shave off part of a star if I could, hence the edited title; Skype does NOT work on this phone, nor does any other video chat app I've tried (sure you can get the audio working, but man, was I disappointed). The manufacturer claims it can make 'video calls', perhaps they're implying it works, but mean the audio only - if anyone ever get's it working, please post.
Netflix works despite the 'not compatible' installation warning, but lags between audio/video. Streaming video is not this phone's strength. My DD, however, watches full length movies (sd card) using a 6' usb micro cable plugged in, and loves being the backseat DJ connected to the car's radio. Between that and her games and kindle app, we stay entertained on the road.
Freezing, then uninstalling bloatware helps internal storage, though I like the launcher & locker, car mode, calculator. Such a world of difference from the outdated bb that it's not a fair comparison. LOVE typing notes/texts/email etc on the rotated screen, and am thinking of finding a mini keyboard to tote along.
If you get the extended battery, be advised that it does NOT work w/Blu Studio's car mount holder (extended battery has a great rubberized hard case, but is just enough thicker that it will not snap in place for the car mount - the battery/cover included with the phone fit perfectly of course). Both extended & included battery last a good long while if you manage the app usage, and both seem to drain as quickly if you don't :0).
Camera's good outdoors, not so much inside - rear camera's far better than front facing for quality pics; the stock app isn't as good as what's available @the store(s). Works very well as scanner, bar code reader etc.
For what I'm getting out of the phone, I'm still very pleased with it's performance, but anyone who doesn't know upfront what it can't do will end up unhappy. I shopped on purpose for a bargain on a budget, and I've gotten much more than my old cell could do. Touch screen & android apps make for a better experience (poor BB, I do miss them a little).
Remember, this phone's internal memory is TINY!! Only rooting will get you the tweaking performance you may be looking for.
As an android noob, I'm still glad I've got 2 phones for the price of one, will use them happily without a contract and keep my eyes open for the next bargin that CAN video chat.
And kudos to Amazon - I ordered this phone at 4:30 pm with next-day shipping, and it was here at 10 am the next day!
Got my hands in it and I was EXCITED, quickly faded away
- Is SLOOOOW, but acceptable. apart from the contacts list which is HORRIBLY slow. But hold on... that is what I need the most in a phone, so it fails there.
- GPS does not work. as simple as that.
- Skype is NOT SUPPORTED. I had to hack it to make it happen. No camera support tho.
- The KILLER - the internal memory:
is so tiny that you CANNOT have application.
I've installed a few and was careful to transfer all to the SD card, but many cannot be done!
So even after removing a few, stuff like Facebook cannot install updates.
Bottom line, This phone MISSES THE POINT.
A phone with no apps is too basic for anyone that want an Android.
You might as well go back to a 20 dollars phone.
I bought this phone 6months ago hoping it would last at lease 2years but within the first 2months I realize the phone can not update, the camera Doesn't take good pictures, certain Apps cant be install because of the operating system. 2 weeks ago when I come out of the subway the phone went blank, black screen. I tried rebooting it but the screen just stays black. "Lost of money"
I replaced it with a new phone I just bought here on Amazon-6/1/13 A (Dual Core Android 4.1,dual Sim 3G GMS smart phone) great for travel out side the US.
Most recent customer reviews
The other issue i had was when i tried to find any accessories they did not exist.Read more
But the rest of the features are ok...