Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on April 4, 2014
It's not perfect, but as shower speakers go I'm pretty convinced you can't buy much better. This is a product category that is bizarrely devoid of high-quality options - I've owned a couple now, and they tend to be somewhere between mediocre and awful. My most recent one was the Hipe (now Ivation) speaker, and while it sounded OK and I loved that all the functions had dedicated buttons, the build quality was terrible and the charging port pushed through the housing on not one but TWO separate speakers, rendering them completely useless.

This sort of thing doesn't seem like it will be an issue with my BOOM Urchin, which arrived today. It's heavy-ish for its size, feels very solidly built, is attractive in a pudgy sort of way, feels very nice in hand, and it sounds excellent considering its size (about twice the size of a computer mouse). It's also pretty loud - more than adequate for indoor use. The mounting options are great, and I was really impressed that they even included an aux audio cable and a little nub to fill in the thread mount. It feels very much like a premium product, even down to the packaging. The only part that seems like it could eventually wear out is the little trap that covers the charging port, but since it's part of the silicone cover, it can be replaced without buying a whole new speaker.

My biggest complaint is the squishy, awkward buttons. The offer basically no feedback at all, which is exacerbated by the one-or-two-second delay that I consistently experience after pressing them. There also aren't dedicated buttons for all functions. It's pretty inconvenient to triple-tap the play button to rewind a podcast, and I can't tell how I would accept a phone call if it came in, let alone make one. It's probably just a press and hold of one of the buttons, but it feels like such unnecessary faux-simplicity. Just give me a button with a phone icon on it, and back/fwd buttons - don't make me guess.

I wavered between three and four stars, mostly because of the button issue - but the overall fit and finish, sound quality, and apparent durability pushed it to four. I really like it.
on January 13, 2015
I am using this to temporarily replace my broken car stereo. Everything about this product is outstanding, from build quality to sound and ease of use. I haven't tested the water resistance and dropped it yet so those claims are untested. Everyone has said they want to get one after experiencing mine both in the car and listening to movies on my tablet, and super clear phone calls that will interrupt your music. Battery has been good for 2 weeks just listening to music and talking in the car if I power it off before getting out.
on January 13, 2015
This speaker is pretty awesome! I really love that it's waterproof and is durable. I can clip it to my backpack when hiking and I can take it into the shower since it can be synched Bluetooth. Best of all though, the speaker sounds pretty awesome! I didn't know what to expect, but trusted peoples reviews on it and am glad I did. Also, you can't beat the price.
on September 15, 2015
works well, although not as loud as i expected it to be, it seems a little underpowered but nevertheless if you are outdoorsy type or rugged with your BT speaker this one is for you. Works ok in the shower but i did have a few issues with it cutting out, perhaps the steam or moisture got to it but it turned back on after depressing the power button; this happened on a few occasions.
on July 14, 2015
A nice portable speaker. Definitely takes a beating.
I have 2 complaints:
1. The bluetooth doesn't pick up all the time. Turning on and off the device helps it, but just a little annoying.
2. There is a clicking/chirping that happens during play that is only coming from the speaker. Not every time, but enough to notice. Other bluetooths that I have don't do that.
on October 12, 2013
This is the coolest little speaker I have ever seen! It works great in my huge shower and I rock out in the morning. It is sturdy, easy to use and understand the setup quickly. Love it!
on August 5, 2014
LOT'S OF BOOM FROM A LITTLE BOX. A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO CONNECT TO MY SAMSUNG, BUT WHEN HOOKED UP IT DOES WORK WELL.
on February 28, 2015
This is one of the greatest things you can buy for outdoor listening, but especially for a golf cart--the suction cup attachment goes perfectly on the windshield. Holds charge for 7-8 hrs of fairly high volume listening.
on April 30, 2014
The sound would cut in and out even on a full charge. When the sound wasn't cutting out, the quality was not worth $100.
on December 22, 2014
I really like this speaker. The sound is clear and rich , the build quality is very fine and I looks good too. I don't know about the battery life but as soon as I run it for a continues time I will update my review.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.