|Item Weight||30.2 pounds|
|Item model number||PM-4000|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||44 x 10 x 6.5 inches|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
BORA Portamate PM-4000 - Heavy Duty Folding Miter Saw Stand with Quick Attach Tool Mounting Bars
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$23.05 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A cut above - The Bora Portamate PM-4000 is the best, most practical, hassle-free stand you’ll find for miter saws or chop saws. Constructed of tubular steel with a powder-coated finish, This rugged yet lightweight saw stand can support up to 500 lbs. And is compatible with Miter saws up to 12 inches, including compound sliding saws.
- Cut out for convenience - setup is quick and simple, as the folding legs swing Under the center portion and are secured by pins that snap into position. Stand folds up for easy transport, storage and carrying from your vehicle to the worksite. Folded size is 43. 5" W x 20" D x 6. 5" H and Weighs only 30 lbs. Without a saw.
- Switch gears & mount add tools - quick-attach saw mounts allow for easy mounting of your saw, as well as other tools which you can switch around, set up and take down quickly – hardware is included. Additional mount sets sold separately offer a wider variety of tools that you can use with your PM-4000 stand.
- Makes the cut – our PM-4000 saw stand was specially designed to provide the ideal ergonomic working height of 36 inches, so professional contractors and day's can work safely and comfortably while making cuts with absolute precision and secure stability.
- Any way you cut it – Buy with confidence knowing that you are backed by our 1-year . If for any reason, you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, let US know, and we'll make it right.
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Your tools should make the work effortless and be the easiest part of your project.
At BORA Tool, we work to provide tools that extend your capabilities and work areas, to complete projects faster and get more professional results.
- 20-inch quick attach tool mounts
- 116-inch long material support
- 500 lb capacity for the big jobs
BORA Portamate PM-4000 Folding Miter Saw Stand
Designed for the contractor and DIYer alike, the PM-4000 Portable Folding Miter Saw Stand makes it easy to work where the job is—from the commercial construction site to the driveway or garage.
- Comfortable 36-inch work height
- Heavy duty contractor grade, tough powder coated steel
- Fast and easy snap pin folding legs
- Included Universal Tool Mounts
Quick Setup & Takedown
Folds up for easy transport, storage and carrying from your truck or van to the work site. Folded size is 43-1/2in (W) x 20in (D) x 6-1/2in (H) and weighs only 30 lbs - without saw.
Extra Tool Mounts make Easy Tool Switches
Change your tools easily with quick attach mounts. Additional mounts (sold separately) allow you to have a wide variety of tools that can mount quickly and easily to your PM-4000 stand.
Comfortable Work Height
Stands at an ideal working height of 36 inches to make your work safe and efficient. This design increases stability and accuracy.
Upgrade as Needed
You can easily add more maneuverability to your Bora Portamate PM-4000 Miter Saw Stand with our PM-4004 dual wheel upgrade kit, which is sold separately. The dual 6-inch diameter wheels make navigating through the jobsite a smooth ride, rather than an added project. This optional add-on kit includes two 6-inch wheels, hardware and installs. No drilling needed - just snap, and secure wheels to the PM-4000 miter saw stand, and it's ready to roll!
Universal Tool Mounts (included)
Compare with similar items
Tomax Miter Saw Stand Quick Attach Tool Mounting Lightweight Portable
Bora Portamate Speedhorse Sawhorse 2-Pack | Heavy Duty Benchhorse Table Stand with Folding Legs and Metal Top for 2x4, PM-4500T
BORA Portamate PM-5093 Tri Function Pedestal Roller 11.25" Polished Steel Roller, Ball Bearing Multi-Directional Rollers
Bora Portamate PM-3300T Steel Folding Sawhorses – Set of 2 Heavy Duty Stands – Pre-Assembled
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||TOMAX Tools||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 inches||35.83 x 9.84 x 5.91 inches||45.00 x 3.25 x 30.00 inches||24.00 x 5.00 x 4.00 inches||41.00 x 10.00 x 6.00 inches|
If you have a miter saw, then the PM-4000 folding miter saw stand is exactly what you need. Designed to work with nearly every make and model miter saw or chop saw, this strong, stable stand will allow you to setup wherever you wish – quickly, easily, and safely. Whether it’s a jobsite or your driveway, you’ll appreciate being able to work exactly where you need to. This is a contractor grade miter saw stand, but priced for the homeowner. But don’t let the low cost fool you – this is a high quality piece of equipment, with tubular steel construction, and a whopping 500lb capacity, so you can handle the big jobs with ease. The quick attach mounts make attaching and detaching the saw simple, and the adjustable 13” tall material supports can be in or out to support material ten feet long. But here’s the kicker – it’s not only lightweight, but it folds up for easy transport and storage, making this one of the most versatile miter saw stands on the market. An optional Wheel Kit is available (PM-7004) for added mobility, and extra tool mounts (PM-7002 – 20-in long and can be adjusted along the width to fit most saws) are also available allowing you to expand the use of your stand to other tools in your shop.
From the Manufacturer
If you have any questions about our product, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-866-588-0395.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall, after unboxing and minor assembly, the quality of this seems above-average for what I would expect at this price point. Okay, so I would have liked wheels, but I'd rather decent quality and pay less and add my own wheels later, so this suits me well. Small niggles - the paint is reasonably thin, and once you install your saw, tightening the screws down will probably scrape through the paint. I also imagine it will chip off with time if moved frequently. However, the general sturdiness and function is decent, so I'm not going to complain. Also, one of the support arms doesn't quite fit into the main rail it is stored in. I'm fairly sure if I get a rasp and file the swarf or solder spatter off the inside of the tube, it will slide in like the first one did. Also, before installing the saw, the legs weren't quite all flat on the floor. With the weight of the saw on top of this all evened out. I may yet make some screw-out leveling leveling feet to fit inside the tube legs, but that's a project for another day.
Things I like:
- the way the legs swing out for a larger footprint when down, yet come back up in line with the thinner saw mounting rails.
- The support arms are almost un-noticeable once stowed yet give you a good six-ish extra feet of wingspan to support whatever you are cutting. Really useful when working on your own
- The mounting hardware includes three different lengths of bolts to accommodate different thicknesses of miter saw bed.
- Instructions are clear, and printed in well written English. With pictures.
The first time I fitted the saw to the mounting rails, I mounted the saw too far forward, and had to loosen all the bolts and slide it backwards. There is some tomfoolery involved in getting the bolts clear of the clips and handles underneath. Or least, there is when you use the upside down. I didn't cotton onto the square shoulder underneath the head to begin with. It was only after my second fitting of the saw, I looked at the instructions and realized they needed to be the other way up such that the square shoulder lined up with the square cutout in the mounting rails. *Sigh*. Having written this review, I can now go and remove them all, and reinstall them the correct way up. If I'd done it the right way the first time I also wouldn't have needed to cut one down with the grinder. Hopefully this will save someone else from making the same mistake!
Overall, I think this is a good buy for the price. Maybe when I get a proper shop I will graduate to a fancier setup with built in dust collection, but for my current apartment setup, this will suffice.
Update: Affinity Tools has replaced this stand. Their customer service has been very professional and I would deal with them again.
UPDATE: I set up my 10” Hitachi saw using the extension plates, and then proceeded to cut a few hundred feet of pressure treated lumber for a deck I’m redoing. This stand was a pleasure to use and the height of the saw was perfect. Excellent stand!!
The stand itself is very sturdy, especially for the price; I've had a very wet 16' pressure treated 4x6 on there with the supports fully extended, and once it was adjusted properly to support the wood there was no sagging or flimsy feeling to it.
I did take a sharpie and make a mark to show the farthest I could pull out the supports and still clamp down on them with the locking knob, but if they do pull out by mistake there's no harm done, just stick them back in again.
Top international reviews
Lo he usado para diversos cortes con un mitersaw Hitachi 10" en casa, ningun problema.
Solo faltan "stop blocks", que por ahora tengo que resolver con inventos propios.
Adjustments are easy and help to achieve a good workflow.
The foldable legs make it convenient for storing the stand away in the garage or basement hobby room.