Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on November 13, 2015
If I could make love to this mixer I would. LOL I feel that strongly about it. I used Kitchen Aid for years. I had one of the old ones made by Hobart. Then Hobart sold out Kitchen Aid to Sunbeam. Now the Kitchen Aids are just junk with built in obsolesce. Oh and the old Kitchen Aid K5 made by Hobart is still running. My daughter is still using it 40 Years later. You can still find these on Ebay. But no need, Bosch is here and I finely have a mixer I love again. This compact version is great for me because it is just me and hubby. I can leave it on my kitchen counter because it takes up so little room. This way it is ready instantly when I need to use it. I made a five layer cake the day I received my compact Bosch and it handled a double recipe of buttercream frosting with ease. There are plenty of You Tube videos demonstrating the Bosch's mixers. Watch and you will be sold.
Stay away from the new Kitchen Aids!
review image
on November 20, 2014
I bought this primarily for bread and pizza dough. I've been hand kneading for years, using stretch and fold methods to try and cut down on kneading time and get a respectable gluten development. I finally sprung for a mixer, and got this one based off the favorable reviews from Amazon and thefreshloaf.com. I had also been considering getting an old Hobart K45, but decided to go this route, and I'm glad I did. It really is a game changer for me. I can make doughs much quicker and easier than I've ever been able to with hand kneading, and the results are way better. My bread's crumb is much tighter and it rises much more. My pizza's have a greater amount of extensibility without tearing, and the finished crust has a NY-pizzeria like crisp on the bottom that I've never gotten with hand kneading.

I haven't had any problems with volume, whole grains or hydration. I normally make enough dough for two large loaves, and the Bosch handles it no problem. Even very grainy doughs are not an issue, and the gluten comes together much better than what I've been able to do with hand kneading. I've kneaded some very stiff doughs in it as well with no issues.

About the only issues I have is that it's loud. I don't know if it's louder than a mixer normally would be, but it'd be hard to have a conversation with it goin at full steam. This doesn't bother me at all, not with how well it performs otherwise. You also have to be a little diligent with some larger doughs, periodically pushing down some of the dough that's not getting incoroporated very well. Neither issue is very consequential for me, especially with how well my breads turn out now.

I'd highly recommend this product to any home baker. I haven't used any of the other attachments besides the dough hook, but I'm sure they'd be great as well. Very happy I decided on this stand mixer!
on October 19, 2015
Works o.k. but they should not have been so stingy with the dough hook. It only has one hook, not two. Really cheapened the product to save a nickel.
That big arm where you attach the hook blocks the bowl so it is difficult to add ingredients. I would not ever buy this again.
I watched Chef Brad use one of these and it was soooo different. For the cost they certainly could have made this more user friendly and not gone so cheap.
$186.00 is NOT cheap.
on June 30, 2016
This thing is my new little buddy. I have already baked over 20 loaves of bread with it. It kneads dough like a champion. I've also made a few dozen cookies and it creams sugar into butter very well. I'm glad I researched the difference between the ubiquitous Kitchen Aids and the not so popular Bosch. For roughly $200 you get 400 Watts with the Bosch and for the same price you only get 275 with the Kitchen Aid. If you're interested in baking bread and letting the mixer do most of the heavy kneading for you then this is the mixer for you.
on April 11, 2015
I wanted a Kitchenaid for years and was just about to drop hundreds of dollars on one. Then, after reading many reviews, I found out that they are not good for heavy duty dough mixing.

I started to hear a lot about the Bosch brand and decided to go with the compact. It's awesome! I've tested it hard, with a six pound batch of pizza dough. It churned through it with no problem at all. It barely even got warm!

It fits right in my upper cabinet with ease. Try that with a kitchen aid...

Bottom line: well worth the price and should last a LONG time.
on May 9, 2012
I received my Bosch Compact mixer about 3 weeks ago, and I am more than pleased. It is light enough to lift from bottom cabinet to counter without straining, but attractive and compact enough to leave on the counter, should I choose. I've prepared bread dough, and 2 pizza doughs with 110% success; the whipping hook performed as expected when preparing whipping cream. The dough workout (speed no higher than 2) leaves the mixer a little warm, but certainly not hot, and after 8-10 minutes, dough is adequately mixed, leaving the sides of the bowl clean. I love the rotation of the hook that allows all areas of the bowl to be reached. Utilizing the "park" position is very useful too. Cleanup is a breeze. This Bosch mixer comes with a 1 year warranty, but due to the fine reputation of the manufacturer, I expect it to be trouble free for longer than that. My only regret at this time is not purchasing this stand mixer sooner.

ETA: Product had room to shift around within the box, so packing could have been much more secure. One corner of my box was substantially dented, but fortunately my mixer did not appear to be damaged.
on December 3, 2015
Read review after review on this mixer and that famous name brand mixer. A lot of people weren't happy with the famous brand and I could not find one person who didn't love their Bosch mixer. I can't say enough about this mixer. I use it mainly for making bread. Light enough to pick up with one hand, but stays put on the counter. Very happy I went with the Bosch.
on October 22, 2015
I have used this mixer for the last six or seven years and mine was wearing out so I bought a new one. The motor on the new one sounded terrible and we noticed the bowl seemed a lot lighter and flimsier than our previous Bosch compact mixer (the outer rim around the top can be flexed which is not true of the old one) . We weighed the bowls and found that the new bowl was 10% lighter than the old bowl. With the motor sounding louder and screechy we wonder if the mixer itself is 10% cheaper than our previous model. We returned it and bought a different brand.
on May 13, 2015
Still learning to use it! I am so used to using a hand-held electric mixer that I sometimes over mix cake batter with this Bosch, causing a too-dense cake. But that is likely operator error/learning curve. Overall I love the mixer and compact size, ease of use, I most often use it to mix pizza dough and pie crusts. I noticed that I can't whip egg whites to a meringue well using this mixer, I don't know if it's because the bowl is plastic - I have had to whip meringues using my electric hand-mixer in a glass bowl.
on March 7, 2014
This does work well and is not as huge and heavy as the other brands, but I think it is just as strong as the others. It's just a little awkward when I want to lift the beater out, even when I "park" it, and I wouldn't have to lift it out so much except it does not scrape around the bottom very well.
It has a lot of different accessories, some of which I would like to get, but I have not been able to find the meat grinder attachment, it appears to be discontinued. This is, of course, the accessory that I would like to have the most.This makes me a little wary to purchase any other accessories because I am unsure whether I will be able to find replacement parts.
So for these nit picky reasons I gave a 4-star, but it is definitely a quality product I would recommend to anyone.