Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2011
I charged this Eaststar battery in a Canon video camera, and when fully charged, the camera's display showed 214 minutes of charge remaining when set on standby. (That compares, by the way, with 117 minutes for the smaller Canon-branded BP-808 that came with the camera.) So, it communicates just fine with the camera. I then turned off the power-saving features in the camera and timed how long the battery took to run down. It actually took slightly longer than the display indicated, call it 220 minutes or 3 hours, 40 minutes.

While this battery is listed at 7.2 volts versus 7.4 volts for the Canon-branded battery, the camera has worked normally, even while powering an external microphone attached to the mini advanced shoe.

Obviously, the price is right, and it is working very well. Recommended!
on July 6, 2010
I got it about two weeks for my Canon HF S200. I used it last two weekends. Here is what I found:

Pros: It is indeed recognizable and chargeable by Canon camcorder that earns it two stars.

Cons: The battery time is much shorter than that it claimed, and gets even shorter after a few recharging. Out of box, it shows 155 min after first recharging. But it shows only 128 min after second charging. The Canon menu says BP-819 is about 165 min for FXP resolution that is what I use. However, I more concern for this downside trend. In addition, the discharging is much faster than Canon's OEM battery, especially, in the second half of the working period. For instance, it only took about 10 minute FXP recording before completely dead when the batter status showed 68 minutes left, while the original Canon BP-808 could still take about 30 minute FXP recording after status shows 64 minutes left.
on February 2, 2011
When I first found this battery on Amazon which is hardly to come up from search, I thought I found a hidden gem but it's not. The battery looks nice, rechargeable with Canon charger. However the power rating is way less than the small battery came with my Canon HF200. When fully charged, the meter shows more than 2 hours but the camcorder shut-down abruptly within half an hour of recording. I was caught off-guard a couple times and I realized that it's the battery. Just use a couple times then you know what I am talking about.
on January 21, 2012
originally was a hesitant about purchase since so inexpensive. as soon as it arrived, i plugged it in and my canon hg20 recognized that the battery had ~2 hrs. decided to charge fully. after charge, camera listed as approx 4h 20min. tested battery calibration by letting camera capture video until battery was completely drained. captured 3h 58min. close enough. it does however take about 18 hrs to charge. never had a battery this size before so not sure if this is normal, but still happy with the long battery life.
on April 30, 2013
Excellent replacement battery. Lasts twice as much as the original and gives me peace of mind by knowing I won't run out of juice anytime soon. Is good to know that you have a powerful second battery for when there's no plugs nearby. I recommend it and by the way it was a third of the price that Battery Plus was charging me for a less powerful battery. I'll give it a bunch of likes.
on October 22, 2012
This battery has a bent contact and would probably damage the contacts in the camera. It is an unusable item. I bought this battery as a back up for my canon digital camera. Unfortunately, I did not notice this was damaged until on my vacation when I had depended on it and found I could not use it. The seller's policy is to return it in 30 days and it is past that time.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
I bought two of these batteries and both have worked flawlessly. Arrived, took charges with both a factory canon charger and an aftermarket from a "non-intelligent" brand I bought two years ago. Neither of the batteries needed me to navigate through a "non-system" battery menu. Both batteries display remaining charge as a factory canon battery would. I would recommend these to a friend.
on November 21, 2011
Battery will NOT communicate with the Canon XA10 Camcorder. Not sure why it seems to communicate with other cameras as stated by other reviewers. I emailed the seller and all they did was told me to call Amazon customer service which obviously is useless as they will not know anything about this product.

I guess I will have to return them.
on November 23, 2011
I'm just guessing, but I'm betting that not all of the sellers of this battery are shipping the exact same item. It wouldn't display time remaining or charge on my Canon HF-M41, so I returned it. The Lenmar battery I tried instead didn't work either, so I guess I need to cough up the dough for the genuine article. :-/
on May 7, 2012
Would like to tell you something but I can't as my HF100 won't even charge it lesson learned will buy canon brand next beware save your money on this item if you still need convinced do what I didn't read the reviews AND if you still insist on the gamble well you deserve it you were warned

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question