|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.6 x 2.6 x 10 inches|
|Item model number||7020B|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.33 shipping
BRK Brands 7020B Hardwire Photoelectric Sensor Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup and Escape Light
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Estimate is for installation of 1 detector
- Installing customer-supplied mounting plate
- Running wiring to mounting location
- Wiring alarm and attaching to mounting plate
- Installing backup batteries as needed and testing device
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 120-volt hardwire smoke alarm with photoelectric sensor, battery backup, and escape light
- Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Features silence/test button and power indicator
- 85-decibel alarm; quick connect harness
- 9-volt battery included; 10-year limited warranty
Find our Black Friday and everyday Tools and Home Improvement deals Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Union Sales||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.6 x 6.6 x 10 in||5.7 x 5.7 x 2.4 in||5.6 x 5.6 x 2.2 in||2.3 x 7.2 x 9.1 in||—||7.3 x 7.8 x 2.8 in|
|Item Weight||3.2 ounces||—||0.8 ounces||—||—||0.9 lb|
|Size||—||—||1 Pack||1 Pack||—||1-Pack|
Promote greater fire safety with the First Alert 7020B Hardwired Photoelectric Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup and Escape Light. Equipped with a photoelectric smoke sensor, this 120-volt AC smoke alarm reliably detects smoke produced by smoldering fires and alerts you with a loud 85-decibel alarm and an escape light. It also features Optipath 360 technology, which allows for more comprehensive detection of smoke, combustion particles, and other fire signatures by providing 360-degree sensor access. A universal mounting bracket and quick plug-in power connector make installation easy, while tamper-resistant locking pins keep the alarm secure. Designed to be wired directly into your home's electrical system, this hardwired smoke detector features a backup battery that helps keep the alarm functioning even in the event of a power outage. It can be integrated with up to 12 First Alert or BRK hardwired alarms and up to six bells, horns, or repeaters. A latching indicator identifies which unit triggered the alarm, so you can know the location of the threat and plan an escape route. And thanks to the detector's convenient test/silence button, you can easily check whether your alarm is functioning properly and mute false alarms.
The BRK hardwire smoke alarm with photoelectric sensor and escape light is designed to reduce common "nuisance" alarms and light a path to safety. It's an excellent choice for installations in or near kitchens, family rooms, or in hallways directly outside bathrooms and bedrooms.
The 7020B AC-powered smoke alarm includes these features:
- Photoelectric sensor which is more effective at detecting smoldering fires which smolder for hours before bursting into flame.
- 120-volt VAC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Escape light to help illuminate a path to safety.
- Automatically performs internal test of functionality.
- Quick connect pig tails for easy installation.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power malfunction.
- Universal mounting bracket with screw slots.
- Optipath 360 technology allows 360-degree access to the layer of air on the ceiling or wall that carries the fire signatures (smoke, combustion particles and volatile components).
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit's functionality.
- Low battery indication to alert you to change the backup battery.
- 10-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
One smoke alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user's manual.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Installed them and they seemed to work fine until.... two weeks ago, on one of the unit the red light stays on for 30 seoncds (normally it flashes for a second). Test button didn't work on this unit either. Called BRK and I basically said the test button doesn't work and at that point they didn't want to hear anything else but told me to send it back for my free replacement. Free replacement requires a check for 6.50 for shipping and the old unit cost 9 bucks to ship back, so spent about 15 bucks to have it replaced. Like 2 days after I send the first one back a second one starts showing the red light for 30 seconds. Call BRK and this lady basically said that these detectors randomly do that (which I guess isn't too assuring if it does it and then you have a fire before you figure out its crashed. She basically said something about the memory getting too full (not sure why it needs memory) and to power it down and see if it works ok after. So I turn off the circuit breaker, pull it down, it starts working but I can tell the battery is kinda dead (the alarm gets less loud the longer it sounds), I put in a new battery and then put it back up. Seems to work fine now (weird there was no chirping like the instructions mention), one day later at 6:30 in the morning I immediately wake up because I hear this loud popping noise. Not sure what it was, figured it was a bad outlet. Next night at 3am same thing, loud pop but I was awake at the time. Next day I check all the wiring in the room, last thing I look at is the smoke detector and the bottom of the duracell battery is blown off. The popping was the individual cells in the battery. Ironic that the device that should save you in a fire ended up almost giving me a heart attack. I read both kidde and brk smoke detectors are not made too well made
Most recent customer reviews
If I could give it negative stars I would. I had to buy 8 of the CO/Smoke combos and have had nothing but problems.Read more