Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BSA 6-18X40 Sweet 17 Rifle Scope with Side Parallax Adjustment and Multi-Grain Turret
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on April 18, 2011
I usually do not write reviews but this scope is so good that I feel I must. This scope is extremely accurate on my 17 caliber Savage Rifle. I am 65 years old and my sight is not as good as it once was. Some times it is hard to see varmints 100 yards away in shadowy places, however the scope brings them in clear and bright. I use a a bipod to help steady the rifle. Once the cross hairs are on the target it is a sure shot. The only negative I noticed is that you can not turn the power all the way to the stops at 6X or 18X. Once you hit the stops at you have to turn the nob back ever so slightly or the image will be blurred a little. Not enough of a problem to worry about.
Bill
on October 10, 2013
I have never sighted in my own scope, or put one on my rifle before. So this was a first. Mounted easily, laser bore sighted it. Took it to the range and put a target at 50yds. I was very high and right. Couple of turns later, I was dead center, grouping several shots within a dime sized spot. I moved the target to 100yrds and I was off a bit, had to adjust the parrallax to 100yrds. I got pretty tight grouping, but not as tight as 50yds. I had to make some adjustments, then it was grouping within a quarter size spot. Not as clear as I thought it would be at 100yd, but maybe I was expecting more. All and all its a pretty good scope for the price. I'll take it out again and write more.
on February 13, 2016
Really fast shipping and the scope is great. A little hard to find the sight picture on the 18th power but that's typical of "for lack of a better word" cheap scopes. Dime size groups at 150 yards with my daughter's marlin 17hmr.
on February 8, 2016
I had to wait six weeks for my scope as it was on back order. It was well worth the wait! I put the scope on my Ruger American and followed the simple instructions to sighting it in. The scope is awesome and easy to use. I have shot a 3" grouping from 175 yards and a 10" grouping from 285 yards. These groupings would be tighter with a more experienced shooter, I am average at best.
on January 19, 2012
this is a really nice scope for any hmr. i prefer the multi-grain turret model. my wife had never shot before and i have her shooting dime size groups at 200 yds.
on January 1, 2015
Unfortunately I received a defective scope. Properly installed the scope but it was shooting 3 feet to the left and two feet low. Adjustments were maxed and I could not site it in. Was happy with the return process.
on January 7, 2013
Great scope and easy to use. Did alot of research on reviews and picked this scope for my 17HMR. This scope comes with a 4" sunshade too!
on January 19, 2014
bought this scope because other reviews and must say they were all right.looks great on my 917v and that 18x really lets you reach out there.
on January 11, 2014
Vast improvement over the Weaver scope I previously had on my Savage 93 .17 HMR rifle. Nothing wrong with the Weaver scope, but I feel much more confident on taking longer range shots for varmint hunting.
on January 7, 2016
I've had this scope on my savage 93r17 for about 3 years now. I haven't given it a review yet because I haven't had a chance to do any shooting with this scope. When I got the scope I mounted it on my gun but didn't go shoot with it. And finally after 3 years I took it out to my local national forest and shot with it. This scope is perfect for the 17 hmr. After zeroing it in at a hundred yards with Cci 20 grain, I was hitting any and everything under one hundred yards just adjust the side parallax. I will definitely hunt with this setup next year. I'm in California hunting grey squirrels on tree tops. I will welcome this new challenge.