- Product Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 2 inches ; 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B06XHWPVSD
- Item model number: 100637-A
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (217 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #20,361 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
BUFF Lightweight Merino Wool Multifunctional Headwear
|Price:||$20.66 - $99.42|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 100% Merino Wool
- 100% eco-friendly Merino wool, sourced from non-mulesed sheep
- Lightweight construction; 125G/M2 for versatile, all-season performance
- Soft and comfortable, naturally odor resistant
- Dries quickly, breathable, stays warm if wet
- Product formerly called: Merino wool Buff
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Winner of backpacker magazine's editors' choice Gold award for its years of proven performance, the eco-friendly lightweight Merino wool multifunctional headwear delivers true four-season comfort and protection. It's a soft, warm, wind-resistant, and lightweight layer made with 100 percent Merino wool. Wearable in 10 different ways, it's versatile multi Sport headwear delivering four-season performance with natural moisture wicking and odor control properties. Like all Buff Merino headwear, the wool is sourced from humanely raised, non-mulesed sheep. Fabric content: 100% Merino wool specs: product dimensions: (approx.) 26.5 x 9.5 inches weight: 1.7 ounces tie Dye styles are 3 inches shorter care instructions: hand or machine wash in warm water with mild soap, do not use fabric softeners, do not bleach, line dry, do not iron, do not dry clean.
Top Customer Reviews
When I opened the package, I was confused and surprised at how lightweight the fabric is, but that's not a problem. I really like that it's longer than the Original. I haven't tried it's flameproof feature, but I expect it won't be long until I do.
With all of the Buffs, the only annoyance is the price. I don't understand how a tube of fabric (as great as it is) can cost so much--I rarely spend more than this on a pair of jeans. But Buff has me, I haven't found anything equally as awesome. So I'll be buying more anyway. Harrumph.
I'd rate this 5 stars if it were 15-20% thicker. That would justify the price and replace multiple pieces of gear in multiple seasons. Picture is of an average tee-shirt (right) next to the Buff (left) with a flashlight shining through so you can see a decent comparison.
Please note that the wool version of the buff has extra length. The extra length is very handy for my application when I want to cover all neck and head. It might not be good for people who'll use it as headband or beanie. But I don't do that so it's fine for me. It also looks great as a scarf.
This wool will not be itchy for most people. You might feel it's itchy only if you are ultra sensitive.
I do feel that they're overpriced but I still recommend them, nothing cheaper achieves the same result. And motorcycle-specific neck gaiters are actually more expensive. Take this, stay warm, and ride safe!
Price tip: the prices keeps changing alot, try to get them for $21-24 if you can. Sometimes they sell for that price at REI during sale.
I also, have been known to throw it on around the house. I live in an old house and we had a really cold winter this year. I keep the house cool—heating bills you know—so I would just throw on my buff with with a sweater and settle in with a book.
I'm a fan.
Word of caution: When you're cutting off the annoying tag on the inside, don't cut too close to the actual fabric. I accidentally cut the wool itself, and now I have an easily-ripped hole I have to repair.