BUNN HG Phase Brew 8-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Brews 4 to 8 cups (20 to 40 -ounces)
- Glass carafe and stainless brew funnel
- 6-Minute heating phase + 4-minute brewing phase = 10 minutes to better coffee
- Programmable auto-start, easy to read LCD display, time-to-clean indicator, and warmer that automatically shuts off after 2 hours
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The carafe. It actually is the cleanest pouring carafe I have ever used--not a drop spilled. However, it consists of a plastic rim attached to a lower portion of glass. Coffee leaks at this junction no matter how fast you pour, producing a steady stream of coffee that dribbles down the outside of the coffee pot and onto the counter top. Not sure if I just got a bad carafe or if this problem is more common.
Full capacity brewing. The way this unit works is you add up to 8 cups of water to the tank. When turned on, it boils this water until the total temp reaches 200 deg F (about 6 mins), then it releases it over 4 minutes through the coffee funnel and into the carafe. The problem is that if the full 8 cups of water are added to the tank, a little comes out during the boil phase from between the spin lid and top of the tank. This then goes down the sides of the tank, drips on the pot and down to the warming plate where it hisses and boils (no, I didn't overfill it--it was right on the max line). I did not experience this with a little under 7.5 cups water in the tank.
Build.Read more ›
1. Coffee is hot. No worries about lukewarm coffee here.
2. Coffee comes out tasting good. It's on the strong side. My preference is to use a french press, but the HG is much more convenient for my morning routine.
Cons (all minor in my view):
1. Coffee might be too hot for some. I burned my tongue on the first few cups, so I usually let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before drinking.
2. It's a 10 minute brew cycle (6 to heat the water, 4 for the drip). It's a little long for my wife, but I have no problems with it. I usually just wind up shaving, brushing teeth, combing hair, etc. during the brew.
3. It's LOUD. Those who are sensitive to that kind of thing might want to look at a different model.
4. It's pretty tall. It just barely fits under our cabinets and I have to slide it out every morning in order to fill it.
5. It has an 8-cup capacity. We only drink 6 cups in the morning, so it suits our needs. We figure that we can make multiple pots on the rare occasions that we have company/family over.
6. It has a 4-cup minimum. Again, it works well for us, but I wouldn't recommend it to my single friends that limit themselves to one mug.
I haven't had any issues with the carafe, like others have mentioned.Read more ›
We don't tend to drink coffee often at all. I have had coffee from all sorts of coffee makers over the years and I just was not impressed by them. Coffee always seems to have that bitter edge that does not thrill me at all. My husband and son have had it on occasion but don't make a regular habit of drinking it.
...then we got the Bunn HG Phase Brew 8-cup Home Brewer.
I have never had a cup of coffee like that in my life!
WHAT IS THE BUNN HG PHASE BREW 8-CUP HOME BREWER LIKE?
We have made coffee so much since receiving this coffee maker, and I have to say that this is one of the most fabulous experiences I have had in a long while. The coffee maker has a 2-8 cup capacity- but this is only 5 oz cups so if you tend to have larger cups of coffee, this only has a small capacity for a few cups tops.
The water is poured in the top and a flap pushed over the opening, and immediately the water begins to boil. Six minutes later the water is at a consistent temperature of 200 degrees and the liquid is sprayed in the filter over the coffee where it takes 4 minutes to brew. The coffee pot sits on the warming plate and stays warm up two hours before automatically shutting off. The package comes with about 20 coffee filters to start you off.
There is a timer that allows you to preset coffee for the following morning if desired.
WHAT DO I THINK OF THIS COFFEE MAKER?
I have to say that this coffee maker makes unbelievable coffee. Bitterness is at a minimum, and the coffee is smooth and luscious- for coffee, anyway.
NOT JUST FOR COFFEE...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After 3 months of hoping to get a decent cup of coffee out of this, I am switching to an old fashioned percolator. Read morePublished 9 days ago by elaine
Worked fine for about a year and today it just died. Yes I cleaned it, appears something in the electronics fails and the heater stops working. Trips the GFI if plugged into it. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Glenn Sekse
I would not recommend the BUNN Phase Brew coffee pot. You are lucky if your Phase Brew still works after a year of daily use. My son bought one and loved it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by cindy briggs
I have had two of the phase brew they both lasted about a year before the heater went out. Bunn did replace with the velosity brew which I now use. Read morePublished 2 months ago by joe
This coffee maker is very sensitive to how much water is in the carafe. Anything 4 cups or less does not trigger the heating element. Read morePublished 3 months ago by John M. Grove
Had this for a year and a half. Just stopped working this morning... I'm very annoyed.Published 4 months ago by Karen L. Whitney
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.