Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home C..." and save 49% off the $169.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Brews 4 to 10 cups (20 to 50 oz.) in about 3 minutes
- Double wall, vacuum insulated thermal carafe keeps coffee warm for up to 2 hours
- Unique sprayhead ensures even, complete coffee flavor extraction
- Stainless steel internal hot water tank keeps water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200 Degree F
- Double-wall carafe design provides durability and is dishwasher safe
- Reservoir-style home brewer makes up to 10 cups of coffee in just 3 minutes
- Stainless-steel water tank; 800-watt heater and internal thermostat
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
BUNN Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
Coffee ready in 3 minutes
The Velocity Brew brews 4 to 10 cups in just about 3 minutes. Also, its unique sprayhead ensures even, complete coffee flavor extraction.
Hot! Just how you want it
Stainless steel internal hot water tank keeps water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200° F.
Thermal carafe is double wall, vacuum insulated - meaning, it keeps coffee warm for up to 2 hours!
Compare with similar items
BUNN NHS Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black
Bunn 44900 BUNN BX Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer
BUNN BTX-B(D) ThermoFresh High Altitude 10-Cup Home Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer, Black
BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer, High Altitude
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9.37 x 16.37 x 14.62 in||13.7 x 11.6 x 9.1 in||7.1 x 14.8 x 13.8 in||8.75 x 15.5 x 14.62 in||15.3 x 7.1 x 13.9 in||7.1 x 13.8 x 14.3 in|
|Item Weight||9.15 lbs||8 lbs||8 lbs||8 lbs||8 lbs||8 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Nothing brews like a Bunn! Using coffee brewing technology perfected in over 40 years of service to the restaurant industry, Bunn has built the perfect home brewing system. Bunn's unique reservoir-style unit brews up to 10 cups (50-oz) of coffee in just 3 minutes --- and keeps hot water available for tea or other uses, as you need it. This U.S.A.-assembled unit features the Classic Bunn thermal carafe home brewer design, is constructed of commercially-rated materials with stainless steel accents and comes complete with an internal stainless steel water tank and a stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe. A 3-year limited warranty helps ensure satisfaction.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The key advantage of the design of this unit and my decommissioned model is its inherent simplicity and reliability. No clocks and no auto-brew to be found here - just fast brewing thanks to an always-ready supply of hot water at the perfect temperature. When brewing, thanks to differences in fluid densities between the hot water stored in the tank and freshly supplied cold water, the hot water is forced through a high output, wide-area spray head that wets the grounds evenly. Using Bunn brand filters in this unit is nearly mandatory - the slightly taller size to compensate for higher fluid levels in the basket, flow performance, and permeability to coffee oils makes these an obvious choice for this coffee maker. I've never used a "permanent" filter (e.g. one that can be washed out and reused), so it's possible that may also be a viable filtration method. Ten cups takes only a few minutes to brew start to finish. Great coffee fast is always a good thing.
Q: Don't you think that thing is kind of ugly?
A: Yes, I do, and I couldn't care less. It makes great coffee and works forever. If you're trying to make a fashion statement with your coffee maker, it's time for professional help. If you want a simple and reliable coffee maker that makes great coffee quickly, you're where you need to be.
Q: WAAAAH! My Bunn overflowed all over my kitchen floor! What's wrong with this thing?
A: Stop adding coffee to the filter with a garden shovel. Seriously, cut it down Mr./Mrs. McJitters - the Bunn has you covered by saturating the grinds and extracting every bit of the coffee flavor and punch with less coffee. Follow the ratios in the user manual and the unit won't overflow. Don't eyeball it until you've measured a proper quantity and can see for yourself what the correct level in the filter should be. Also, grind should be appropriate for a drip machine (no fine grinds like espresso, Turkish, ect). Regular retail ground coffee is all OK, but if you grind your own or specify the grind, make sure it's not too fine.
Q: WAAAAH! My Bunn brews coffee with grinds in it! What's the deal?
A: What did I already tell you about the filters? YOU HAVE TO USE THE BUNN FILTERS! The taller filters keep the grinds from slipping over the shorter walls of other filters. Take heed - some things are not "all the same". Using other filters is a poor decision.
Q: Why is the Bunn BT Velocity Brew so expensive compared to <insert idiotically cheap P.O.S. coffee maker here>?
A: The machine's simplicity and reliability in conjunction with its stellar performance in doing its only job of making great coffee makes the extra price worthwhile. Truly though, as an American company, Bunn has higher overhead than license manufacturers in Asia. This higher overhead gives you someone to call if you have a problem. I've been impressed with Bunn's service so far getting a free retrofit kit to repair a minor leak in the top tank on my previous model. All interactions were friendly and efficient. I'd think it necessary to speak Chinese to receive much help from most home coffee machine manufacturers.
In closing, I highly recommend this product to anyone in nearly any situation. If you have water and electricity, this is the best home maker you can buy for brewing standard drip coffee. It may not be the sleekest or prettiest, but it is definitely the most functional.
The only reason I gave it a four star rating rather than a five star rating is because I feel that Bunn still needs to do some engineering upgrades. I make these suggestions while realizing that there are some limitations due to the fact that the machine pre-heats the water. But just throwing out some ideas from the consumer's point of view that some bright engineers might tackle and that some marketing managers might consider as selling points. Here are this layman's suggestions (slight complaints):
1. I like the on/off switch, but I feel that it is ridiculous that you can burn the coffee maker up if you plug it up without filling it with water first. I did not make that mistake and Bunn gives a warning, but it would still be VERY easy to do. There should be an automatic power shut-off that would prevent this automatically if you plug it up empty! Be warned!
2. The coffee carafe sometimes drips down the side and from the bottom when pouring. This is a common problem with may coffee pots, and I do not know the solution. Obviously, pouring too fast will cause this; but it also sometimes happens no matter how slowly you pour the coffee. At other times, it pours perfectly. Not really sure what to suggest on this one.
3. I really like the design of the stainless steel carafe. It keeps coffee hot a long time, is easy to clean and only has two parts .... or is it three? While washing the lid one day, I discovered that there is a tiny rubber "stopper" or whatever in the center of the lid that will easily come out! I almost didn't notice it and it could easily have been lost. This needs to be changed. I always worry that this little rubber part will get lost by mistake. I think the fact that this will come off the lid so easily when hand washing is crazy!
4. The only other suggestion I have is that it would be very nice if this machine had a temporary flow-stop so that you could pour a cup of coffee while it is still making (dripping). This is a real picky suggestion since it only takes a few minutes to make a full pot. But the final few drips seem to take a long time to stop and you will make a small mess if you don't wait. It would be great it you could start pouring coffee when the main flow finishes and then place the pot back to catch the last few drips. Very picky and just a consumer wish list. This is not a real problem, but I always wish the drips would finish! :-)
Overall, I would highly recommend this coffee maker. It has many great features that Bunn will point out in their advertising. It works as advertised for me. These comments should be taken just as a few fairly picky suggestions to make this unit even better. If Bunn will introduce some of these suggestions into the next model and send me a free one to test, I'll review it fairly and thoroughly!
If you drink coffee by the pot and you need a coffee maker, I can highly recommend this one. I am a satisfied customer so far after over a year and a lot of coffee.
Most recent customer reviews
First, this is designed to make a whole 60-ounce pot.Read more