Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,497 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,669 reviews
on January 31, 2016
Okay I must say- I've been using a 10 year old Revlon blow dryer to dry my long hair. It was only after getting my hair done at the salon and comparing their dry time to mine that concerned me that my dryer wasn't doing the best job. This blow dryer is powerful- it will blow your hair dry fast. My hair is fine, but there is a lot of it & I have a natural wave that can blow dry straight with little product. My old Revlon would make my hair sort of frizzy, even after using product and a round brush to dry it straight. It took a while to get completely dry and my hair would still be somewhat damp before after 20 min I'd just give up and say "whatever" with fly always and all. I attribute this to the time it took to dry it- the heat was there but the amount of air blowing through the Machine makes all the difference & I know that now that I have this new blow dryer.

This blow dryer will blow your hair around like crazy if you let it. It's very strong. You must learn how to control the nozzle in a direction that won't make your hair twirl around and get tangled. It's THAT strong. That being said, the settings are great, cool, warm, & hot for temperature & low and high for air speed. It also features a "cool shot" button which is great to "set" your style and make sure the whole head is completely dry before you're finished. The cool shot button truly does cool the air that blows out of the unit. It's not just room temperature air being pushed through-it truly goes from hot to cool in seconds. The hot gets very hot if you keep it in one spot for more than a few seconds. The results of this dryer speak for themselves. My hair dries very smoothly now. It looks as if I've used a straightening iron -- if not better. I have a chi straightener and I haven't used it since I got this blow dryer. It's great. It's not super heavy like people have said. I've had no problems keeping it in my hand and my arm doesn't get sore & I don't work out like I used to. My arms get only the exercise from picking up my 20 lb toddler occasionally through the day.
I hope this review helps! Great dryer. Very satisfied. I've been using it for a little over a month now :)
review image
22 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2017
Love this dryer! I wish I would have bought this sooner!!! I had it in my cart for ages before I finally allowed myself to buy it (only because I'm cheap.) I will never go back to the $20 Wal-Mart/Target dryers again. It drys my hair without getting it all crisp and frizzy. I've noticed less split ends the last 5 months and the only thing in my hair routine to change was this dryer.
on March 10, 2017
I bought this solely based off its high review. It wasn't special. I've also begun to learn that so many people on amazon are just cheap. Id rather spend $20 on something that's a bit nicer and worth it. This blow dryer lasted 1.5 years before it died. Its OK but not amazing. Went to Ulta today and bought a new dryer.
on December 29, 2012
*UPDATE* After having this dryer for some time now I have grown to love it. My whole life I used drugstore hairdryers, not that they are bad, but they are not professional quality. I use the nozzle and low speed so my hair doesn't get too knotted. Still doesn't get terribly hot and the biggest downside is that if your fingers are the least bit wet you will have a hard time moving the controls since they are sleek plastic and flat(at least mine is). I am buying one for a friend for Christmas who fell in love with mine.

*Previous Review: This is a nice dryer but two big things that are not right for me. The hot setting is not that hot and the high setting is too high. I have to dry my hair on the low setting but since the hot doesn't get that hot it still takes a while to dry my hair. I have super straight hair and when I use the high setting my hair gets so knotted its annoying (and painful). I'll keep using this because I threw out the box before giving it a week to try out but I will be replacing this at some point.
on June 16, 2013
I love the feel of this hairdryer; it's professional, easy to hold (a little bit heavy, but you can grab it by the nozzle because it won't burn you), and gives great results, as long as you watch a few Youtube videos on giving yourself a blowout before using it (I always used to blow dry straight towards my hair - but you should actually hold the hairdryer from above and point it towards the floor/following the line of your hair and drag the round brush away from you to get a sleeker look). I use it for my ballroom dance competitions on the cool setting in combination with a ton of hairspray. I'd say it works decently for creating such extreme hairstyles. However, I do think it's better for casual use because the settings are a little bit lacking in terms of heat - the warm is actually just warm. I would prefer it to be medium-hot and then the hot setting to be actually hot - but it's more like warm is warm, and hot is medium-hot. This is my one beef about this product. Other than that, I'd say I really love it - no malfunctions so far (it's been about 4 months).
on January 9, 2016
This is my 2nd of this same style. It's fast, and results are always great. With the first one I had the switch failed but it was almost 2 years and it was within the 2 year warranty period and the company replaced it. The switch is starting to go on this replacement - it's been about 2 years again - and I bought a new one but am keeping the older one as a backup, it's not dead yet. For something I use every single day, sometimes more than once, and for such great power and at this price - I'm ok if it only lasts 2 or so years.
on June 10, 2017
This product is crap. Not only does it tangle my hair every time I put it on high, but now I smell burning from it and the thing started clicking when I turn it on. I haven't had it for very long... only 1.5 years?! My last hair dryer lasted at least 5. Disappointed and will not purchase again.
on December 9, 2015
My hair is so much softer and more manageable after using this blow dryer, I never realized what a difference a hair dryer could make until I splurged on this one. It was with every penny!! Dries my hair twice as fast as my old one and makes it shiny and soft as opposed to dry and frizzy. Great price compared to other hair dryers, works great, shipped fast. I would definitely recommend this!
on April 4, 2017
This is the 2nd BaBylissPro Ceramix Xtreme Dryer that I have bought and has gone bad just past the warranty period. I love the way it handles, dries my hair fast and doesn't get too hot. But a $50 dryer should last longer than 2 years!! It started sparking while I was using it and scared me to death. The cord had worn through close to the base and I could see the wires. So frustrating and will have to find another dryer this time as I'm tired of replacing it!!
on May 6, 2015
I liked my previous babyliss pro but it wasn't as hot anymore. When I got this one I was disappointed. Maybe because it wasn't the turbo or super turbo version. It just wasn't hot enough for me. It did dry hair fast but after a while my ends were frizzy like I had never done them. This dryer would be great for shorter or thinner hair but I did not like it and returned it. Get a turbo version and something over 2000 watts. Another thing that bothered me was the handle and placement of the knobs. The handle was too slick and no place to put your fingers and my thumb would end up pressing the cold button without meaning to so it blew cold air.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.