Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,336 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,503 reviews
on January 31, 2016
Okay I must say- I've been using a 10 year old Revlon blow dryer to dry my long hair. It was only after getting my hair done at the salon and comparing their dry time to mine that concerned me that my dryer wasn't doing the best job. This blow dryer is powerful- it will blow your hair dry fast. My hair is fine, but there is a lot of it & I have a natural wave that can blow dry straight with little product. My old Revlon would make my hair sort of frizzy, even after using product and a round brush to dry it straight. It took a while to get completely dry and my hair would still be somewhat damp before after 20 min I'd just give up and say "whatever" with fly always and all. I attribute this to the time it took to dry it- the heat was there but the amount of air blowing through the Machine makes all the difference & I know that now that I have this new blow dryer.

This blow dryer will blow your hair around like crazy if you let it. It's very strong. You must learn how to control the nozzle in a direction that won't make your hair twirl around and get tangled. It's THAT strong. That being said, the settings are great, cool, warm, & hot for temperature & low and high for air speed. It also features a "cool shot" button which is great to "set" your style and make sure the whole head is completely dry before you're finished. The cool shot button truly does cool the air that blows out of the unit. It's not just room temperature air being pushed through-it truly goes from hot to cool in seconds. The hot gets very hot if you keep it in one spot for more than a few seconds. The results of this dryer speak for themselves. My hair dries very smoothly now. It looks as if I've used a straightening iron -- if not better. I have a chi straightener and I haven't used it since I got this blow dryer. It's great. It's not super heavy like people have said. I've had no problems keeping it in my hand and my arm doesn't get sore & I don't work out like I used to. My arms get only the exercise from picking up my 20 lb toddler occasionally through the day.
I hope this review helps! Great dryer. Very satisfied. I've been using it for a little over a month now :)
review image
22 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2014
I love this hair dryer. I'm in my 30s and have owned a few over the years. You can't beat the price either. I have thick, shoulder length hair that becomes unruly in the humidity. Based on other reviews I decided to try this dryer. The dyer is QUIET on HIGH and I felt like I was at the salon. I didn't need anti-frizz serum which is crazy. Usually I can't leave the house without anti-frizz serum because my hair looks untamed before I even walk out the door. I might use my hot iron today, but I really don't need it. Once I go outside I may regret no using the serum, but the point is I didn't need it for my hair to look good after using this dryer.
on March 1, 2017
This thing is a blow hard!! It literally blows hard and drys my short hair in seconds. It is noisy, but such things are subjective. The power makes styling my hair easy. It works great on my wife's hair as well. The dryer would be great for someone with long, thick hair.
on April 10, 2017
My Chi hairdryer broke. I loved that one the best. The Chi was not available on Amazon, so I bought this one. It works Just as good as Chi, if not better. I have very thick hair and a lot of it. It cut my drying time in half. I would absolutely buy this again. Love Amazon Prime too, It was here in 2 days. LOVE IT!
on March 5, 2017
Nice dryer. It's quieter than my old one. It has a very long cord, which at times is annoying when trying to put it away. My biggest complaint is the on/off switch. I like to hold my dryer in one hand and brush in the other. With this smooth switch you practically have to have scaly fingertips to turn it on and off.
on July 21, 2016
This is the best blow dryer ever.

I've been the owner of more than 20 hair dryers in my life. I had this one for more than five years before getting another of the same model.

I've got long, thick, curly hair, and dryer tames my mane into an enviable blow out every time. It's got a long cord, which has saved me countless bad hair days when I'm on the road and the outlet's across the room from a mirror.

The only reason I got rid of my old one was because I had dropped the dryer on a hard floor so many times that I had grown a crack on the side of the dryer. The dryer continued to work like the first day I bought it even after more than five years of repeated abuse and clumsiness on my part. My family bought me a new one for Christmas because they "thought it was time."
on December 8, 2016
I LOVED this blow dryer when I first purchased it. It was the best blow dryer I have ever used. The other day I was using it as usual and it broke down and started smoking like crazy and after unplugging it and letting it cool for a day it still does not work!!!
on April 23, 2017
It has taken some time to adjust to this dryer from my less expensive Conair. It is really heavy and when on high blows so hard that it knots my hair. I am using it on low now. It does make my hair feel soft after it's dry so I think there is something to the ceramic technology. It seems really well made and sturdy, I expect it to last a long time. Overall I am happy and keeping this item. I wish it had a medium speed.
on April 17, 2017
I like this blow dryer because it is rubbery on the outside and makes it easy to hold even after applying slippery styling products. I took off one star because it could be hotter. Good value for the price and holds up to daily use in salon.
on April 5, 2015
Incredible value! For years, I've bought the typical drug store hair-dryers, costing around $20. They would last for a year or two, stop working, then I'd go out and buy a cheap replacement. I decided to invest in a nicer model this time, and the difference is amazing. This dryer is far more powerful than the Revlon and Con-air models I was used to. It dries my hair quickly and leaves it smooth. My hair is very fine and prone to frizziness, so I've been looking for something that won't damage it, and I think the BaByliss Pro is going to be much gentler on it over time. Very satisfied with purchase and with the price!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.