Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,463 reviews
on November 23, 2015
For those that have thin and fine hair, this product is great. In the past I would purchase the 15.00 blow dryers from your local retail store, but they never lasted and always made my hair feel dried out and frizzy. This would cause me to have to flat iron my hair. With the Baby Pro, I don't have to worry about that. My hair feels as good as it does when I leave the hair salon, soft and silky. I now use it on my two year old's hair and it works great. The low and warm settings are great for their tender and sensitive heads. Highly recommend this product.
on February 16, 2016
I've had this blow dryer for a little over a year and I love it! The power is excellent and in my opinion, it is more powerful than the super expensive dryers such as the T3.

Before this dryer, I had an old T3, which I also loved. When that dryer finally died, I just purchased another T3 since the first one I had was amazing. Not the case with the new T3. It was heavy and was definitely lacking in the power department. Going back and reading reviews, I noted that other buyers were also noticing the change in quality in the new T3 models. So, I started to research and found the affordable BaByliss Pro and I'm so glad I did! It is strong, not too heavy, and very durable. When I'm done using it, I wrap up the cord and literally throw it under my sink and this dryer has definitely held up! Of course, I did scuff up some of the edges because of my tossing it around, but there has been no operation issues because of this :)

I highly recommend this dryer. I can't tell you how important it is to spend a little extra money to get a dryer with strong power. It cuts your drying time in half and makes such a difference in the over all smoothness of your hair!

PICTURE: Dryer shown. Excuse my doggie. He follows me around the house ;)
review image
on May 16, 2016
I have a lot of hair, and it's long and thick, too. I needed a ceramic hair dryer that would have 3 heat settings and would not burn my scalp after drying for 5-10 minutes. This hair dryer truly feels like a professional product. I love how dense the air is; it feels as if it is more efficient at drying my hair. I love my BaByliss Pro!

However, after 2 years of almost daily use, this hair dryer started to make a weird sound and stopped working. My 3 year warranty was still in effect but after reading all the horror stories here about the customer service, I was disappointed that I would have to switch brands.

I decided to contact them anyway and was surprised that it was quite easy to get a replacement. Due to the fact that I live in California, I did not have to pay for the shipping cost to mail me a replacement and they sent me a reimbursement check for my cost to mail them the defective product.

I received my replacement within 1-2 weeks and the check 1-2 weeks after that. I am a very satisfied customer!!
on February 26, 2015
Ordered this on Tuesday and got it Thursday. I just used this dryer for the first time, I am amazed! It usually takes me 20 minutes to dry my hair and when done its wavy all over, with this dryer, it was completely dry in 10 minutes and straight. I have fine hair on the sides but the back is thick and wavy. It was so much easier to style my hair and didn't take as long to straighten and smooth it with the straightening iron, since I didn't have all the wave's to deal with. I wish I knew about this dryer year's ago. My hair stylist uses a Babyliss dryer and she put me on to it. I'm so glad she did and even happier to find it on Amazon for such a good price. Thank's !!
on February 5, 2016
Recommend this blow dryer whether you're a professional or just using it for personal use. Imo, it's basically the only high end blow dryer for under $50 that's worth buying. The temperature and heat control is consistently amazing so you can do a really good blow dry with it on ALL hair types (with the right brush and technique you won't even need a straightener on most hair types).

I love that it has a removable filter that's easy to remove but also stays securely on bc you need to clean your dryer out to keep it working good but you also need to make sure you don't lose the parts. It IS heavy, but if you do hair for a living you're probably used to that (a lot of blow dryers tend to be heavy--even the high end ones). If you don't do hair for a living then it's still no biggie since you're only using it at most, 1-2x a day--plus, depending on what dryer you came from you might find you're done way faster with this dryer. The attachment is great for creating a nice sleek look and the cold shot will make your hair super shiny and healthy looking (you only use it at the end to lock in style and shine). My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a diffuser but then again, a lot of dryers don't.
on February 8, 2014
I wanted to get a blow dryer that could get the job done for me in a reasonable amount of time. I read everyone of the reviews and thought about this for a month. I then took the plunge and got this. I have been able to cut the time in half for drying my hair. I have several other hair dryers and they all get the job done in time. I have found that none of them do what this one does. I love the cord on this is so very long and can do this so much easier. I found after using this my hair felt different some how it is softer and am very happy for that. My hair is rather thick, kinky, frizzy, curly. The one word to best describe my hair is terrible. I have had a terrible time with making my hair look half way good. When I was younger I could keep it short and got away with it. I have found that won't work and now needed to find a way to control the mess. I have been using the flat irons and they help make this straight. I now find that this hair dryer makes that time even shorter. My hair has never been this soft after using a dryer. I can say I never thought this was possible in my lifetime. Get this if you are looking for shorter drying time and you will be glad you did.
Powerful and priced right, I purchased this hair dryer to replace an aging Conair 1800 watt dryer. I was impressed with the numerous positive reviews for this product, so I thought I'd give it a try.

My first impression, as was the case for many reviewers, is how much heavier this dryer is than others I've used. Its 9' power cord is substantial and the Professional Super Turbo 2800 (as it is named on the box...) is hefty , but not oversized. The grip is comfortable, so the added weight doesn't seem that noticeable to me.

The selling points to this dryer are the following:

+ 2000 watts
+ 'Ionic' - negative ions eliminate static, and reduce drying time.
+ 'Ceramic' - emits the negative ions and generates far-infrared heat, which is less harmful to your hair.
+ (6) heat/speed setting combinations; cool to hot, all work well.
+ Extended life AC motor with limited 3-Year Warranty from time of purchase (with receipt) or time it was manufactured without a receipt, per the included instruction/styling guide.
+ Cold shot button.
+ Removable, easy to clean rear filter; twist and remove.
+ Concentrator nozzle - removable.

Unlike many of the reviewers, I noted no 5-10 minute improvement in terms of shortened drying time of my thick, wavy, medium length hair. I also noted no great change in the texture of my hair after using this product.

I use the following styling products which tend to keep my hair soft, smooth and frizz free other than in the harshest humid conditions: Suave Professionals 4 Piece Keratin Gift Set and Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Moroccan Argan Styling Oil, 3 Ounce. I deep condition as needed and color using L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color, 4G Dark Golden Brown.

I also use this flat iron: HSI PROFESSIONAL 1 CERAMIC TOURMALINE IONIC FLAT IRON HAIR STRAIGHTENER FREE GLOVE + POUCH AND travel size Argan Oil Leave In Hair Treatment. WORLDWIDE DUAL VOLTAGE 110v-220v.

I paid about forty for it, which is on par with lesser dryers at my local store with shorter warranties. The increased air pressure is salon-like, and the build quality seems on par with its warranty. It's a very good product if you can get it at the right price, but it isn't a miracle worker. If your hair is damaged and/or you need a haircut to get rid of split ends, this hair dryer won't fix 'fuzzy' results. As long as you know this prior to buying it, you should be happy with your purchase.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
I have had this blow dryer for three years. It is the best blow dryer I have EVER used. I have curly (medium size) extra long hair. I also live in South Florida which has a very humid tropical climate. When you have curly hair and live in constant humidity, that equals constant frizz. Blow dryers alone do not really straighten your curly hair, so you also need to use a straightener to get your hair straight. Well, this blow dryer can be used 100% by itself with no straightener. Every one of my friends make it a point to get ready at my house due to my blow dryer (and my GHD straightener for those who come over with dry hair). This blow dryer can also be used to get a large or extra large sleek curl. Mind you, 100% humidity causes my hair to slightly curl back up ALL OF THE TIME. BUT, my hair stays sleek with NO FRIZZ all day long. Since frizz is my biggest issue and since nothing can keep anyone's curly hair straight in 100% humidity (unless you do permanent straightening), this blow dryer far exceeds my expectations. On top of myself and my friends using this blow dryer constantly for the past three years, my husband and I also use this blow dryer for our two long-haired large breed dogs and our two long-haired cats. I will never use another blow dryer because this one is as good as it can possible get. When this one's time is up, I will purchase another. You guys have a customer for life!
on March 3, 2016
First off, this is my first review but as I rely so much on other reviews to purchase products on Amazon I thought I would post. I was looking for a dryer with 3 different speed options. Hard to find. However, one of the answers from a customer said the BaByliss Pro 2800 did have 3 speeds so I made the purchase. The dryer has 2 speeds to set the record straight. I agree with the review that said the low setting blows too hard. If one has fine hair it does blow all over and harder to style. On the plus side the blower sound is quite pleasant which is another aspect I was researching since I have very sensitive ears. The dryer also gives me a better result of less frizz than my last ionic Remington brand. Another plus is the removable filter which takes awhile to figure out how to remove and one has to be careful to get it back on correctly otherwise it will fall off, but doesn't in my experience with the cap correctly replaced. The dryer is pretty heavy in case that is an issue for you. Hope that helps. Still deciding if i will look for a dryer with more speeds.
on January 8, 2016
I actually did like this hair dryer up until recently. Despite the fact that it's a little heavy, it worked extremely well. It was the first time I invested in a good quality hair dryer. I did all the research and asked my hair dresser for suggestions. One year, almost to the day, after I purchased it, the hot air stopped working. I was actually on a mini vacation when it happened. I am so disappointed. I did read a few reviews that said it happened to some other people but the majority were happy with the purchase, so I took a chance. I had a cheap Revlon hair dryer for years. It wasn't the best but it lasted longer than this one (I had given that one to a friend who now uses it on contracting jobs to quickly dry paint when he needs to, says it still works great. Go figure...lol). At the time of purchase I paid over $80 for this thing. Guess I'll chalk it up to having about a $7 lease for a year.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.