Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,379 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,479 reviews
on January 8, 2016
I actually did like this hair dryer up until recently. Despite the fact that it's a little heavy, it worked extremely well. It was the first time I invested in a good quality hair dryer. I did all the research and asked my hair dresser for suggestions. One year, almost to the day, after I purchased it, the hot air stopped working. I was actually on a mini vacation when it happened. I am so disappointed. I did read a few reviews that said it happened to some other people but the majority were happy with the purchase, so I took a chance. I had a cheap Revlon hair dryer for years. It wasn't the best but it lasted longer than this one (I had given that one to a friend who now uses it on contracting jobs to quickly dry paint when he needs to, says it still works great. Go figure...lol). At the time of purchase I paid over $80 for this thing. Guess I'll chalk it up to having about a $7 lease for a year.
on February 8, 2014
I wanted to get a blow dryer that could get the job done for me in a reasonable amount of time. I read everyone of the reviews and thought about this for a month. I then took the plunge and got this. I have been able to cut the time in half for drying my hair. I have several other hair dryers and they all get the job done in time. I have found that none of them do what this one does. I love the cord on this is so very long and can do this so much easier. I found after using this my hair felt different some how it is softer and am very happy for that. My hair is rather thick, kinky, frizzy, curly. The one word to best describe my hair is terrible. I have had a terrible time with making my hair look half way good. When I was younger I could keep it short and got away with it. I have found that won't work and now needed to find a way to control the mess. I have been using the flat irons and they help make this straight. I now find that this hair dryer makes that time even shorter. My hair has never been this soft after using a dryer. I can say I never thought this was possible in my lifetime. Get this if you are looking for shorter drying time and you will be glad you did.
on January 27, 2016
I have had this blow dryer for three years. It is the best blow dryer I have EVER used. I have curly (medium size) extra long hair. I also live in South Florida which has a very humid tropical climate. When you have curly hair and live in constant humidity, that equals constant frizz. Blow dryers alone do not really straighten your curly hair, so you also need to use a straightener to get your hair straight. Well, this blow dryer can be used 100% by itself with no straightener. Every one of my friends make it a point to get ready at my house due to my blow dryer (and my GHD straightener for those who come over with dry hair). This blow dryer can also be used to get a large or extra large sleek curl. Mind you, 100% humidity causes my hair to slightly curl back up ALL OF THE TIME. BUT, my hair stays sleek with NO FRIZZ all day long. Since frizz is my biggest issue and since nothing can keep anyone's curly hair straight in 100% humidity (unless you do permanent straightening), this blow dryer far exceeds my expectations. On top of myself and my friends using this blow dryer constantly for the past three years, my husband and I also use this blow dryer for our two long-haired large breed dogs and our two long-haired cats. I will never use another blow dryer because this one is as good as it can possible get. When this one's time is up, I will purchase another. You guys have a customer for life!
on November 18, 2013
I have been blow drying my hair for over 30 years. Almost since blow dryers were invented. I really never thought a blow dryer could make that much difference, but it does!! My hair is fine, but I guess I have a lot of it. Also, it is pretty straight with the odd cowlick in front and a few waves on the sides. It is also long, below shoulder length. So we have fine, long, cowlick-y hair which never EVER looks as good as it does the day I get it cut -- until I got this. And the bonus is that with absolutely no product in my hair except for the shampoo and conditioner I used, my hair did not turn into gross, ugly, straight frizz when it was raining. It looked and felt like my hair did when I was a teenager. Long, silky, shiny locks of my gorgeous and mysteriously not-grey-at-all natural color. I had been using a Conair 1875 ceramic something or other. This is one billion times better. The weight is a bit more, maybe 8 ounces. And the whole thing is longer so there was a little adjusting needed, but that's why I have a bathroom mirror. And it dries my hair a lot faster than the old dryer, too. I used to spend 15 to 20 minutes with just the blow dryer and now that's down to 10. Yep, just 10 minutes - I do use a microfiber towel when i get out of the shower. Then I bend at the waist and dry the underside quickly without the concentrator. Then I flip back over, pop the concentrator on and do the top section, back section, both sides and do the very front last. I use a large round brush at the roots and pull down the shaft with the dryer following quite closely, but not touching. The concentrator covers a smaller area than the Conair, so the heat is more direct. One tip is that you should always blow your hair with the dryer pointing downward on the shaft as opposed to straight across or upward. This seals the cuticle and gives amazing shine. I could get my hair straight with the Conair, but no matter what I did, I needed to use either a flat or curling iron to get shine and product to hold it in. This is now the only tool I need other than my giant round brush. If I want curl, then I might use a curling iron and hairspray, but if I want to wear my hair straight, now I can just blow it and go -- no hairspray required. LOVE IT.
on August 24, 2017
I have really frizzy hair and this dryer changed my life! The drying time is now cut in half and if I am styling my hair smooth I only need to run my flattening iron through my hair quickly. Each one of my friends who have used my dryer loves it just as much as I do so if you are looking for a quick, get the job done dryer this is the one for you!!!
on July 19, 2014
Worth the price. I never put a lot of money ($54.00) into blow dryers before this purchase. I am glad I invested in quality.

Pros:
Quiet operation - love this feature
Power - dries quickly -,I have long (mid back) somewhat course curly hair
Light weight
Long cord
I am left handed - the power switches are in my way - the good thing is that though I have my fingers on them my setting do not change. Some dryers switches change positions if you just touch them

Cons: would like more color options
on April 23, 2014
When my beloved decade old Conair bit the dust, I was excited to upgrade to Babybliss. The dryer itself has a nice long cord and appears to be very sturdy. I also appreciated that it came in black rather than neon. But after a couple weeks of use I had to return it. Here's why:

1. The attachment popped off too easily.
2. There is no way to comfortably hold this thing without switching the buttons inadvertently.
3. With my old dryer, it was pleasantly warm to sit under the heat while I dried my hair in winter. Despite the three heat settings, this dryer either burns or feels cool.
4. Although the motor is very powerful, it actually took longer to dry my thin, fine hair, regardless of settings, thus causing my hair to be damaged more quickly. (I'm not sure what to attribute this to except that maybe the force of the wind was so strong that my hair was blown out of the way and couldn't dry well? Just a guess...)
5. I never had such absurdly tangled hair in my life as I did after using this contraption.
6. Never once did I notice that my hair looked stronger/shinier/healthier/fuller. Quite the opposite. I thought it might have looked a little more voluminous for a day or two, but quickly realized that what I was seeing was damage. Then it became brittle and started breaking off all day long.

So, it took two weeks of daily use to completely destroy my hair (hey, I wanted to give it a fair shot). FYI, this model has a similar warranty to much cheaper drug store brands. Also, return shipping is fairly expensive even at the cheapest rate (I paid around $14). If you have thick, tough hair that needs some abuse to be tame then maybe this will be a good choice for you. But if your hair is fine, thin, or otherwise delicate and damage prone, steer clear.
on July 21, 2014
Read all the reviews and finally purchased it for myself. My hair is thick, long, and has a tendency to get just wavy enough to not look right. Before I bought the BaByliss Pro BABP2800 I was using a Conair hair dryer. I would get so hot and sweaty trying to dry my hair, that by the time my hair was actually dry (typically 35 minutes) I felt like I had to take another shower. Then, I would have to straighten it for another 20 minutes. On top of that I had to replace it every 3-4 years because the motor would burn out.
The BaByliss dries my hair in 5 minutes and leaves my hair wave free (as I like it). To get my hair super straight I will sometimes use my straightener, but that is rare now that I am getting the hang of this hair dryer. I've had my BaByliss for a couple of months now and am really happy I bought it.
on April 19, 2016
Wife likes it very much. Dries her much quicker than her old "high power" drier. Happy wife, happy life.
on January 6, 2015
I will never use another hairdryer again after discovering this product. I have long thick, curly hair and before this blowdryer it would take me about 45 minutes to blowout my hair from towel dry to straight and frizz free. This Babyliss Pro is magic. That 45 minutes is cut down to 20 minutes from wet to dry, and restyles the following mornings take less than two minutes. I never touch my flat iron any more as the dryer works so well my hair is slick and ready to go without the need to iron it. I will never go back.

To address some other concerns, the dryer is quite heavy, and gets extremely hot on the highest setting, which I find is the best to get my thick hair straight. It gets so hot that I've had to track down metal bristle brushes for my blowouts because it'll melt regular brushes within a couple blowouts and you have to be careful not to leave the nozzle on a section of hair two long or it will burn. The straightening attachment is great and directs airflow well, but it gets extremely hot and you have to be careful removing it (or reattaching it if it falls off mid-blowdry, which happens, but it rare) following use. The cold air setting provides some of the coolest air I've found from dryers and does well in setting the style after an initial blowout. While there are negatives, I cannot recommend this dryer enough and to me being a little more careful with the dryer is worth the hours of my life I've reclaimed from hair straightening.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.