Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 664 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 732 reviews
on June 28, 2017
I can't believe I waited this long to buy a BaByliss. It's light weight and has just the right amount of force to dry your hair while styling without feeling like you're in a wind tunnel. Absolutely have salon quality style when I'm finished. I have fine, frizzy hair that needs a lot of heat to keep it smooth in the humid weather so this has been a huge help to me during my routine. Because of the reduced air force from my generic big box store dryer, I need a couple extra minutes to dry my hair but that seems to be the whole idea (slower, more concentrated air flow) and it's so worth it.
My only cons are:
the 'hot' setting is very hot - I switch back and forth with 'warm' to avoid damaging my hair.
the heat concentrator falls off easily which is so annoying. Someone else recommended electrical tape which I will try.
on October 9, 2014
This dryer has been such a great addition to my toolkit. As a professional I highly recommend this dryer.
The high heat setting gets very hot and is great for straightening and creating amazing curl. The mid heat setting is sometimes a bit too hot for some of the more sensitive clientele but is safe enough to use around the hair line and nape. This is by far one of the most powerful dryers I've used with a very high output blower at its highest speed setting. I've definitely decreased my blow dry time by 50%, even with the most coarse of hair types. The cord is durable and long enough for me to wrap it around my arm to protect it from any accidental drops. The rubber outer coating is great and the unit is very light, I don't get nearly as tired as I have after handling other dryers. I'm glad it comes with a three-year warranty but with the sturdy construction I don't feel as though I'll have to use it any time soon.
My only negative is that the very end of the unit, probably the last 1-2 inches of the barrel, gets very hot while on the high heat setting. I usually holster it under my arm, so to protect myself I leave the unit on and switch the heat setting to cool and press the cool-shot button for a few seconds before holstering it, all the while having the cord wrapped around my other arm. It did take a few days to get used to the placement of the buttons but I rarely notice any slip ups in changing the temperature.
on August 25, 2015
Nozzle "pops off". The dryer itself works great, but the nozzle does not snap on so after a couple uses when the dryer it turned on the nozzle pops off and will not stay on at all. So if you don't use the nozzle this dryer is great. I am returning and buying a different model. Plus it is a little heave compared to my previous Babyliss Pro.
on September 5, 2016
I couldn't be more impressed by this Blowdryer. I am a professional Cosmetologist and I have been looking to invest into new styling tools. This blowdryer is my match made in Heaven. It cuts my drying time in half, and it leaves the hair shiny and sleek. It's definitely worth the price that you pay.
on February 17, 2015
Bought as a gift for my wife as she kept mentioning she wanted a new good blow dryer. Overall reviews on this seemed great and in my opinion is is a very good heavy duty blow dryer...but I don't use a blow dryer! My wife agreed the power was great but she felt it was too heavy for her needs. She is right handed, brushes with the right and holds a blow dryer in her left. While she is is plenty strong she just felt it was too heavy for every day use. So I have to return it and this time check the weight before I buy. For others it would probably be smart to check your old blow dryers weight and if you are used to a $20-30 drug store/target blow dryer you probably want to check out the weight of the dryers you are looking at before buying. That said this is probably a great dryer- just heavy.
on March 27, 2016
This is the best blow dryer I've owned! It is heavy, as other reviewers have mentioned, but that is the only downside about it if that is important to you. To me it feels solid. The airstream feels powerful and not "frantic", which I really like. It is not loud or shrill. The black color and matt touch are nice, also giving it a masculine look for guys who have been tolerating pink or baby blue trim on their current dryer. The cord is nice and long. I have not tried the attachment, so I cannot comment on that. It dries my hair quickly and minimizes frizz.

If I had known I could like a dryer this much I would have gotten it years ago. I highly recommend this one and am almost considering purchasing a second for when this one wears out!
on October 5, 2015
I bought this on recommendation of my colorist, and it's the exact one she uses. It's really great, dries fast and without damaging the hair.

I do, however, agree with the people who say the buttons are in a bad spot. I do tend to click off the heat sometimes without realizing for a minute. But I knew this before I purchased, and think it's worth changing my hand grip!
on December 16, 2014
I have only used this hair dryer a handful of times , but it already surpasses any mediocre dryer you can get around $30 to $40. I have for years always just purchased at that price point and on average would be replacing the dryer every year or two AND not getting as much power as this one packs. It dries much faster than any other product I have used, and the concentrator stays on well to add slight curl to my pin straight hair when I use my round brush. So far the only negative I have, is that it is slightly heavier than most (but very easy to adapt to,) and sometimes the blower is so strong you encounter some tangles with finer hair. That is a price you pay though to cut off a solid 5-10 minutes of drying time with long hair, thin or not!
on July 21, 2015
Revised: After using this for a few months, the dryer attachment started to fly off during each use. It is now useless to me and I will have to buy a new dryer as no one sells the attachment separate.
Dries slightly faster than my Conair with less frizz, however it is very heavy.
on February 3, 2017
I've had this hair dryer for just over a year and had no issues until just recently when the concentrator piece would no longer stay on. So annoying! My husband offered a good solution and it WORKED perfectly. We put a small piece of black electrical tape on the hair dryer where the concentrator connects and it helped add that extra buffer needed to stay on.

Hope this helps all of you!
review image
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.