Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 630 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 695 reviews
on May 1, 2016
Have an autistic child who is sensitive to loud noises and I saw that this was suggested as a "quiet" dryer in the write up. It is definitely more quiet than most professional hairdryers, and our child will actually let us dry their hair with this dryer and not others. There are issues that were stated about the finger settings and turning heat settings off due to hand positiioning. Yes, that does happen, but if you have an autistic child that is sensitive to LOUD sounds, you might overlook that because it does not render the dryer unuseable, just something you have to adjust to.
on December 6, 2015
I have been needing a GOOD hairdryer for a while. My husband likes to use it in the bathroom in the winter to warm himself up (LOL) He burned up 2 of my dryers, so I just went to WalMart to buy a cheep one so it didn't matter if it burned up or not, cheep enough to replace. The WalMart oone started damaging my hair over drying it & my hair become more brittle & breaking. So I asked my hair dresser what she used on me at the salon. She also offered to get one for me but they were $149.00 OUCH. So I came to my second favorite Retail store, Amazon. I read reviews as much as I review products Good or Bad.

PROs:
To my surprise I found it for 1/3 the price here.

I really love this dryer! The motor sound is much different & quitter. It dries in half the time & I have noticed a difference in the texture of my hair. I am seeing less hair breakage. Lighter weight than my old WM dryer.

CON's:
The only thing I have found is the directional flow attachment doesn't stay on as well & because the nozzle is smaller in diameter my hair diffuser is too large to snap on. I will be looking on here to find the diffuser attachment to by that will fit, but that is easy fix. Nice dryer for the price!

Other reviewers commented the buttons are in a awkward spot. It was a bit different to get use to, but I like having them there now & I can easily switch from Warm to hot & cool without looking now.
on February 3, 2017
I've had this hair dryer for just over a year and had no issues until just recently when the concentrator piece would no longer stay on. So annoying! My husband offered a good solution and it WORKED perfectly. We put a small piece of black electrical tape on the hair dryer where the concentrator connects and it helped add that extra buffer needed to stay on.

Hope this helps all of you!
review image
on August 31, 2016
This is one of the best hair dryer I have ever purchased. I waited almost a year before writting this review just in case my feeling about this hair dryer changed and it hasn't. My hair is naturally thick, frizzy, curly (I am Puerto Rican if that helps). My hair isn't easy to style. This hair dryer cut my hair styling time, and normally I flat iron after but I don't need to anymore.

I will end my review with a friendly reminder. When using heating tools be sure to use good heat protection and make sure your brush is also heat proof.
on September 8, 2016
So happy with it for about 2 days - super fast but super hot! It burnt my hair right off and melted my really expensive round brush! I read this type of review before but thought it probably was a bad brush ... Well turns out to be the blow dryer!
I'm in claims with the company now - and have to say they are being very tentative that's why I'm giving them 2 stars and not one.
I would invest in a better blow dryer than this one and spend a little more to get better quality to protect your hair!
review image review image
on January 17, 2015
I never thought I could cherish a hairdryer, but this one was worth every penny.

I had been using the same cheap hair dryer since high school, which for me was a loooong time ago. I used it just about every day, so it definitely had staying power. It also left me with a frizzy poufy mess after using it, which I assumed was the normal result from all blow dryers. I have long fine hair that reaches down to about mid back. It is wavy, which sounds like a good thing, but it really isn’t because my hair is also prone to ridiculous frizz.

Finally one day I realized that when my hairstylist blow dried my hair it was a lot less frizzy, even before she starting using the flat iron. Maybe investing in a higher quality hair dryer could make that much difference? Sadly, this thought had not occurred to me before. Oh well, live and learn.

After wasting a few weeks reading all the reviews of various hair dryers, I bought the Babyliss Carrera 2. I settled on this one mainly because the reviews were so positive, but also because it looks cool. If I am going to spend that kind of money I want the product to look nice.

I was actually really surprised how much better the Babyliss is than my old cheap blow dryer. It dries my hair much faster than my old one, and the best part is the frizziness is VERY minimal. I don’t have to go over it with a flat iron afterward unless I am going for a super sleek look. I usually blow dry it straight with the nozzle attachment that came with it. I was worried about the nozzle coming off, because it seemed to be a common thing in a lot of the reviews. I have not had that problem, but I hardly ever remove the nozzle. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not. Once in a while I will use a diffuser with it. I just use a universal Vidal Sassoon diffuser that I have had for ages. It doesn’t “exactly” fit on the BaByliss unless I really shove it on there, but it gets the job done.

I agree with the reviewers who said this thing does have some weight to it. I can see how it would get tiresome after a while if it takes you a long time to do your hair, but it is not a problem for me. I think the switches are in an ok spot. Once in a while I will accidentally switch to the wrong setting while I’m using it, but not very often. The cold shot button is nice, but it seems like it takes a while to get cool. I don’t know how quickly other blow dryers make this switch though. On the other hand, the hot setting is really freaking hot! I can’t use that setting because I think it would burn my hair off, but if your hair type requires high heat this dryer will deliver.

This is basically my first higher quality hair dryer, so I can’t say how it compares to other models at a similar price point. I have been using the Babyliss Carrera 2 for more than a year, and it is still holding up well. It really did exceed my expectations, and if you are making the switch from an older, cheaper model you are probably going to see a huge difference in your hair.
on April 23, 2017
The hairdryer itself works very well. The extra screen filter cracks and the connectors break easily. You cannot get replacement screens for it. For a company makes a good product overall, it doesn't make sense that you can't purchase replacement parts such as the screen filter. Especially when the screen filter breaks quickly. There are other manufacturers that appear to be as good that you can get the replacement screen filters either from the company directly or 3rd party venders. When i need to replace my hair dryer i will be looking at these alternatives more closely.
on February 7, 2016
I absolutely adore this blow dryer. The only reason I did not give it five stars is that the attachment sometimes pops off during use, but otherwise it's a great product. I have wavy hair that tends to frizz. However, using this blow dryer eliminates the frizzies and waviness. A friend has this blow dryer (which is why I bought it) and her hair is the same texture as mine - hard to tame. Anyway, her hair looks amazing, too. In addition to creating super straight shiny hair, it also cuts down on drying time including the straightening, which is done when hair is almost dry. I highly recommend this blow dryer. Use it with your favorite styling products, and you will not be disappointed.
on October 9, 2014
This dryer has been such a great addition to my toolkit. As a professional I highly recommend this dryer.
The high heat setting gets very hot and is great for straightening and creating amazing curl. The mid heat setting is sometimes a bit too hot for some of the more sensitive clientele but is safe enough to use around the hair line and nape. This is by far one of the most powerful dryers I've used with a very high output blower at its highest speed setting. I've definitely decreased my blow dry time by 50%, even with the most coarse of hair types. The cord is durable and long enough for me to wrap it around my arm to protect it from any accidental drops. The rubber outer coating is great and the unit is very light, I don't get nearly as tired as I have after handling other dryers. I'm glad it comes with a three-year warranty but with the sturdy construction I don't feel as though I'll have to use it any time soon.
My only negative is that the very end of the unit, probably the last 1-2 inches of the barrel, gets very hot while on the high heat setting. I usually holster it under my arm, so to protect myself I leave the unit on and switch the heat setting to cool and press the cool-shot button for a few seconds before holstering it, all the while having the cord wrapped around my other arm. It did take a few days to get used to the placement of the buttons but I rarely notice any slip ups in changing the temperature.
on August 24, 2015
I bought this hairdryer from Gene Juarez Hair Salon 5+ years ago. I loved it from the moment I got it and have used it faithfully ever since. About two weeks ago, the switch between high and low blow setting stopped working. I was of course heartbroken (how will I look gorgeous at a moment's notice now!?), and went looking for a replacement. Now I know that BaByliss has upgraded this model and no longer carries it, but I wasn't about to trying something new, when this hairdryer has been so perfect for years.
I'm so glad to found this on Amazon. The price was great (paid $100 for it the first time).
I used it immediately after receiving and was once again in love. This hairdryer has power without damage. It gives a great blowout, and after employing a round brush along with the high setting, I end up looking like I've just had a haircut at a fancy salon. Seriously, I get compliments fro random people. The little attachment that comes along with it is actually really handy. Even more of the salon look with that little bugger.
So, if you're looking for a hair dryer that lasts, provides a great dry without ever damaging anything, look no further. This one is a beauty.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.