Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on August 10, 2013
I only use Babyliss tool... This dryer is Really powerful. It dries the hair quickly, but my issue is as a licensed cosmetologist i wouldn't recommend for salon use. Only because the concentrator always falls off. & it gets kinda annoying after a while. i i i do recommend this dryer & i would give 5 stars if the nozzle stayed on.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2016
I bought this dryer because it was listed on a website as recommended for fine hair and I had high expectations being this was my first "professional" grade dryer. I give it 3 stars because mechanically there were no problem with it and I think it would probably be a good dryer for someone with a different hair type, especially if what they were looking for was power and fast dry time. I have fine mostly straight hair and this did not work for me at all. On high speed it did have a notably faster dry time but it tangled my hair terribly (easy to do with fine hair). I did like the 3 heat setting as fine hair is easily damaged by heat, but even using the medium heat setting on low my hair west left with a lot of little flyaways sticking up on top. I was very disappointed since my $15 Remington 1875 Ionic dryer I had for the past 10 years didn't do that. I read the review before buying and noticed some talked about button placement and yes I did find myself accidentally changing the setting while drying. Adjusting the way I held it to remedy that problem wasn't a big deal for me, but I have small hands. As far as noise level I thought it was normal, it's a hair dyer are any of them really quiet?
I have been using this blow dryer for a while and i will say i love it. I never knew that there was a actual performance difference between store brands and "professional" hair dryers. Yes there is a REAL SIGNIFICANT difference. Before when i dried my hair it used to take like 25-30 min of drying now it take like 3-5 minutes. After i blew dried my hair i used to use my chi straighter, NOW i do not have to straighten my hair! This blow dryer actually make my hair flat NON frizzy...this is amazing. So my hair type is wavy with occasional frizz depending upon humidity. This dryer also make my hair so shiny. The only CON is the button "HI/LO/OFF" are placed right where you handle the dryer, so every now and again i turn the dryer off. This is the only downside.
on October 10, 2014
I did not notice a cut in the time it takes me to blowdry my hair with this blow dryer. I had an old revlon dryer before and they both take the same time to dry. Not an issue though because this dryer makes my hair lay really well. I think I would be comfortable just blow drying my hair and not straightening it some days with this dryer which is awesome. I was not able to do that before. You can also really feel the quality of the dryer just holding it. The adorable studs are an added bonus as well.
on December 27, 2015
Pros: It is lightweight and easy to use.
Cons: Not powerful enough.
I had a different Bayliss Blowdryer, that was much heavier, but dried my hair much faster.
As a mommy of two and getting up very early, I need something that will dry my hair faster.
I am returning this product.
on April 7, 2015
This is the best hair dryer I have ever owned. I'm actually writing this review after purchasing my second one--the first one just stopped working, but after six years of near-daily use. It withstood use in two college houses and an all-girl house post-college, with multiple users each day. Even when it stopped, it worked a little--randomly shutting off, but never sparking or making odd sounds like the hair dryers before it.

The barrel of the dryer is narrower than most, which means you get a more direct stream of air, which is great for getting volume at the root. It comes with a concentrator, but I rarely use it. If you have an attachment you like already, this may not be for you since it is so small. The heat and speed settings are great, and the cool shot works very quickly. The buttons are easy to accidentally change because of their placement on the handle, but that hasn't been that big of a deal for me. Super-long cord and light weight make it great for travel, even despite its size.
on March 28, 2012
Wow is all I can say. I'd buy this dryer again and again just because how light it is and how awesome it feels in my hand. Many reviews stated that this dryer does not got hot enough and at first I thought the same thing. It really does get very hot but the way it is designed you just don't feel the heat - honestly. This is absolutely the best dryer I have ever purchased. I do not take the time to review products unless they exceed (or totally DO NOT exceed) my expectations. You will not be disappointed with this product.
on February 10, 2016
I received my new hair dryer over a week ago and I must say I absolutely love it. It is not as loud as the ones I've purchased at the beauty supply store and at Wal-Mart in the past. It dries my hair really fast, but I do have really fine, thin hair. I received this purchase when I expected it to arrive. So far, all is great!
on June 1, 2013
This hair dryer worked well. It dried hair quickly and was quiet during operation. My wife didn't like the way the switches are designed because they work side to side across the handle. She couldn't easily change settings without having to hold the dryer with her other hand. It was while she was changing fan speeds that she noticed the switch was arcing inside the handle housing. A definite hazard that could of had some serious implications if she had gotten shocked. Returned this defective item and got the HSI Professional Hair Dryer instead. She's very happy with a much better dryer now.
on May 16, 2015
I really despise having to blow-dry my hair, but I will say this is by far my favorite blowdryer. Not sure if it's the materials (the tourmaline perhaps?) but it doesn't have a "hot" smell when in use, but rather a crisp metallic scent. I know that may sound crazy but if you've got a lot of hair, you've probably smelled a burn from a blowdryer before. This stays cool to the touch and never smells like a fire hazard. Probably does lessen dry time some, but I find a good blowout spray will really improve that as well. I alternate between air drying and blowdrying my hair, but when I do blow dry I find this worth the investment.