Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on May 3, 2015
The first time you watch this video, you're going to think you made a mistake. It seems very strange and dated. I, like you, was sold by all the reviews. Once I made the purchase though, this video sat unwatched in my prime app. After it became apparent our 19 month old had a slight speech delay we were desperate to keep stimulating him and willing to try anything.

The second, third and thousandth time I watched this series I can honestly say it's perfect. It's simple with happy music, quick colorful scenes and sounds and dramatic changes from image to image. It's exactly what you need to keep a little one entertained.

Expect to see images of popular children's toys paired with bouncy music, while narrators make sounds. Some scenes are just colors and music, while cut away images of the narrators show basic sign language. This is not a signing video though - it's a communication video.

We watch each video in the series once in the morning and once in the evening while he plays or eats. I can honestly say after 8 weeks of doing this faithfully he has more than tripled his vocabulary. Granted we were starting at a pretting low point of two or three words, but as of today (just shy of 21 months), he easily has command of 40 or more unique words and sounds. Keep in mind that we are also incorporating daily use of picture and word books, but I attribute the lion's share to this video series.

He wasn't glued to it the first five or ten times he watched, and even now sometimes it just plays in the background while he builds with his mega blocks; but he's definitely hearing it and learning. Just now as I typed this he said "P!" Right as the narrator introduced the letter. It's a fun video series that empowers babies and toddlers to learn from imagery in short, bright bursts. Exactly appropriate for their growing brains.

For mom and dad the movies can become a bit tedious and nerve wracking, but hopefully when you see dramatic improvement in your child's vocabulary you won't mind as much. I don't. I am extremely happy with this purchase. Keep an open mind and you will be too!
on February 19, 2015
Originally purchased Baby Babble 1. My daughter immediately started to use the signs, and make new sounds. The same thing has happened with this. I just wish I had found these videos much earlier. My daughter is not much of a talker, and is very stubborn about communicating to get what she wants...she is spoiled in the sense that we have anticipated her every need, and not forced her to speak up for herself.

These videos have most definitely helped her, and she started BABBLING immediately. She signs Please, and MORE. Which is great and makes her feel independent and confident.
on April 17, 2017
My son enjoys it. It was not a miracle video but he is interested. I am sure it can help somehow.
on August 30, 2015
A little outdated and not as engaging as i thought it would be
on August 7, 2015
Not as helpful as the cost would imply. My 25 month old daughter was very entertained and engaged the first few viewings, but has since lost interest. There is less focus on pronunciation and technique than expected. Good old fashioned picture books, enunciating when speaking and reading together are much more effective (for the average late talker).
on April 17, 2017
GET IT! Very Very happy and my grandson loves watching and talking along ( as long as we watch it together)
on February 16, 2016
My son LOVES this series, obsessively, since he was about a year old. He knew all his basic colors at 18 months old, started counting to 10 at 20 months, and at 21 months is starting to recognize letters. Not that it's all attributed to a TV show ;) but I really think that it's helped!!
on May 22, 2017
My son (2yo) loves the Baby Babble series. I only wish they were more up to date in terms of visual and production.
on April 30, 2016
Baby Babble is wonderful!! I have 1,2,&3 plus the beginning words.. My toddler loves all of them!
on December 9, 2014
We love Baby Babble ... my son is autistic and non verbal and he can sit and watch this dvd for hours. He has learned how to say many words in sign language by watching the dvd and also, he has begun to say many words by watching the dvd.