Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Now

Color: Toddler|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,342 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 29, 2015
I followed the warning of other reviewers and ordered the single (not 2-pack) to get a genuine made in USA item. It was great and my baby loves it! So much that I ordered a second. This time I got the low quality made in Taiwan version despite ordering a single item. The item appears opened and taped shut! That's unacceptable this is for an infants mouth. On top of that it seems cheaper, the volor is different, and the bristles are thinner. I can see how parents could be worried they would break off. I'm not sure if one is new and one is old, but the USA version has a patent number on it where the other says patent pending.

Amazon quickly replaced the item for me with the correct version. It still gets five stars because the genuine item is excellent and Amazon has great customer service. Photos included showing made in USA item on the right.
review image review image
0Comment| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2011
I would recommend trying a different product instead. My 9-month-old daughter has 7 teeth and is a strong biter/chewer. We both thought this banana was the cutest toothbrush ever. We "brushed" with it for 2 days and I let her play with and chew it for a bit after each brush, supervised. On day 3 I washed the toothbrush and noticed that about 5 of the rubber bristles were partially or fully chewed off and missing. Sure enough, the bristles have since turned up in her diaper. Althought I considered sending the item back for refund, we will keep it for teeth brushing only. She is no longer allowed to use it as a teether, even with me watching since I didn't notice the bristles breaking off before. Please beware of this before deciding to purchase...I would not have bought it had I known.
2929 comments| 437 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2015
I love this toothbrush so much so that I bought another one when my daughter lost her first at a restaurant. However, this past weekend my daughter (9 months) Was playing with it and I noticed her chewing something. Somehow she was able to bite off one of the bristles! Thankfully j got it out of her mouth and took the toy from her. On further inspection I noticed that at least 13 others were ripped at the bottom and close to coming off. I was horrified. For a toy that children are supposed to be able to chew on have that happen is unacceptable. I just purchased this new one in February and it is May! In the picture you can see where I pulled a few extra off. (It did not take much effort.)
review image
44 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2014
I finally caught on after I received my package today and then went back and re-read the rest of the reviews more carefully. The single packs apparently ship from the US in standard packaging as you see in the pictures. The 2-pack comes from Hong Kong, is solid yellow, does not have any brand information anywhere on the product or packaging. All that's on the packaging is a bunch of Chinese. Not cool, Amazon. I have no reason to trust what the heck material this product is made of and you want me to put them in my babies' mouths? Huh-uh. I am returning the 2 pack and buying two of the single packs (I have twins).
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS! My baby has barely chewed on hers and the top looks like it could rip right off. It's so scary that a toy could kill my baby. Please do not buy this. Walk away! I wish I had read up on this more. Lesson learned.
on July 12, 2011
This is my son's favorite teether. When I got it I expected only the top to be squishy, but the entire thing is made of silicone so it is great for a baby to teethe on. Its easy for baby to hold and the peel handles keep baby from choking themselves with it. My son is 8 months old and has 7 teeth now and he hasn't chewed off any bristles or pieces and he adores this banana. He loves to use it on the back of his gums and has never been a fan of ring teethers. We do have pets and the silicone does attract hair/fur very easily, but we make sure to keep it clean and off the floor and a good teether does wonders for my child's mood so it is all too worth it. This is perfect and cute, thanks!

UPDATE: My son is now 11 months and has 9 teeth and even with all of its use he has not bitten anything off. Its a hit and we keep buying it for friends. With a little baby toothpaste on the end he will go to town with it. He even shows his teeth for me now if I try to brush them with it. I don't think I would recommend it as your primary toothbrush, but it does help baby to be comfortable with having their teeth brushed. I can brush my son's teeth with a soft bristle brush now with no problems because he has been used to me brushing his gums with the banana for so long.
on April 9, 2012
Our son is nearly 17 months old. He has a bunch of teeth, and he is not afraid to use them when we brush using the infant brush that sits on your finger. This has made brushing his teeth a rather challenging and painful event.

He spit out the pacifier within 8 weeks or so and never used a teether. In fact, he never really puts anything in his mouth (which while a blessing in some ways has created its own set of challenges with feeding).

I washed the banana toothbrush and put a tab of the infant "toothpaste" on it and put it in our son's mouth. He grabbed the banana out of my hand and started going to town on it. I could not get it away from him. And he actually looked like he was brushing his teeth. Jammed it in his mouth along the sides, rubbing it around his mouth. I don't think he's getting his upper teeth and I would rather he let us brush them for him, but all things being equal, I am glad that he loves the toothbrush and he is doing a better job than we've been doing since we've been reluctant to put our fingers in his mouth due to the great pleasure he gets from biting our fingers.
on June 25, 2016
I bought this at the recommendation of my 11 month old twins' occupational therapist. She said that it would help to stimulate different areas of the mouth and get their tongues moving more as they move it around and chew on it. It is supposed to help with their oral motor therapy for eating and speech. The banana peel handles will also prevent them from putting it too far into their mouth and they make it very easy for any baby to hold on to. They love to chew all of the parts (brush, bottom, and handles). This was also much more flexible and squishier than I expected which is great. They can chew on it as much as they like and it won't hurt their mouth, teeth or gums. They only have 4 teeth but this has also withstood some major biting without even a single tooth mark in it yet. This is perfect for teethers as well as babies who are just learning to hold things because it's so easy to grab anywhere on it. Babies also won't hurt themselves if they accidentally hit themselves because it's so soft. The added bonus is that they basically brush their gums/teeth for you. I did receive this at a discount in exchange for my honest and fair review. I would highly recommend this and have already purchased a second one at full price because my girls love it so much!
review image review image review image
on December 1, 2015
This is dangerous! My son loved using his and we've always been so happy, but just this morning I noticed that the bristles had been bitten off. I've included pictures below. It seems as though this is a common fault. Amazon should consider removing products that are faulty like this.
review image review image review image
on July 28, 2015
My son loves it. It is easy to clean. One thing I wasn't happy about is that I noticed one of the bristles was in his playyard that he chewed off of the brush. I wasn't happy about it so kept a close eye on it and has not happened again.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.