Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 29, 2015
I followed the warning of other reviewers and ordered the single (not 2-pack) to get a genuine made in USA item. It was great and my baby loves it! So much that I ordered a second. This time I got the low quality made in Taiwan version despite ordering a single item. The item appears opened and taped shut! That's unacceptable this is for an infants mouth. On top of that it seems cheaper, the volor is different, and the bristles are thinner. I can see how parents could be worried they would break off. I'm not sure if one is new and one is old, but the USA version has a patent number on it where the other says patent pending.

Amazon quickly replaced the item for me with the correct version. It still gets five stars because the genuine item is excellent and Amazon has great customer service. Photos included showing made in USA item on the right.
review image review image
0Comment| 366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2017
 Got the baby banana and Cornelius. Both are good, but my baby is small and her mouth is small. For her size, the baby banana works better than Cornelius. All other teething toys were too big to fit in her mouth (necklace beads, giraffe, Kiki the elephant, etc) the only thing that worked previously was a small rubber tipped spoon we got from the hospital at discharge. But the banana is perfect! Cornelius is slightly larger and will probably be good for when she is 6 months old (works now also but she likes the banana better). She's currently 5 months old and about 17-18 pounds. Banana and corn photos both attached for size comparison.
review image review image
on October 19, 2017
I purchased this item when my baby was around 6 months old and started to sprout her first bottom tooth. She was fussing nightly, chewing on anything and everything including my face and herself. This was my second teething purchases right after Comotomo Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether, Orange and before Nuby's Teether Nuby Silicone Teethe-eez Teether with Bristles, Includes Hygienic Case, Pink, and my thought and comparisons are as below -

Nuby Teether -
PROS:
The container wins me over for this purchase. Cute, compact, looks expensive in its carrying case while cost about the same if not cheaper when compared to its competitor such as Comotomo. With this case, I never have to worry about storing this teether inside a ziplock bag or lugging around a clunky box for storage, the carrying case packaging is small, petite and little enough for me to throw into my purse when we are out on errands. This is a huge plus as far as taking one step ahead of the game in term of packaging.
Another plus for this item is the ergonomic design of the fish shape. The opening fits my little ones hand perfectly when she tries to grasp it at 6 months old, and it still fits her perfectly now that she’s 8 months. It is flat enough that she’s able to pass it from one hand to another without it dropping, and the grip is ultra comfy. The bristle curve is perfectly designed, dipping down on the center allows her to maneuver biting at one edge and slowly working her way to the other edge, a huge plus as far as mobility goes.
The main bristle area itself is super soft and flexible, it is hard enough to massage her gum, yet still gentle on her little teeth.
The teether is also sterilizer safe, which is great.

CONS:
There really are no negative comments I have on this item, but if I have to name one minor area for improvement it would be its ability to stay frozen longer. I often keep this teether inside the fridge before giving it to my little one, and I do find that it would turn room temperature instantly within a matter of 1 to 2 minutes. It would be great if this can stay cold for a longer time.

Comotomo Teether -
PROS:
This teether wins me over with its cool design, happy color, and my love for Comotomo products itself. Sterilizer safe, which is a huge plus. Aside from this, it does have a few areas in need of improvement.

CONS:
The grasping opening area is a little too large for my little baby’s hand. She will grab it with both hands and sometimes will still manage to drop it.
The four fingers (or the carrots as we would call them in our home) are not my favorite design feature in terms of functionality. I have noticed that when my baby sticks one end into her mouth for chewing, the other finger or fingers would be jabbing into her nose or other areas of her face. This is quite alarming as I can never give her this toy and step away for a minute knowing that she for sure won’t poke harm to herself. Another issue I have with these “carrots” is that after a prolonged period of chewing these, she will end up gagging and throw up all over herself, as this may have been too deep inside her mouth and causes a gag reflex and out goes all the feedings from the last 2 - 4 hours.
The last issue i have with this item is the silicone material itself. It is very hard in my opinion despite the “soft hygienic silicone” label.

Baby Banana Teether -
PROS:
This teether wins me over with its adorable design. Is my baby eating a banana or brushing her teeth? It is too adorable to walk away from the item so I had to buy myself one.
Sterilizer safe, which is another bonus.
The grasping point is perfect, my baby would hold this as a practice point of getting her used to the sippy cup handle. Huge plus.
Cute vibrant colors, very adorable design.

CONS:

The bristle head is too hard in comparison to that of Nuby’s Teether, and the banana head is once again too long. My baby would put the thing in her mouth and started gagging and throwing up.
on September 19, 2017
I have boughten two of these in the last two years. First one our son fed to our dog (don't worry the dog is ok). So we ordered another one since it was doing a great job helping him teeth. This one I'm very disappointed with. The little bristles are falling out into his mouth leaving him not wanting to use it any more. He's two.
review image review image review image review image
on October 8, 2017
We just this delivered today and already I can say our daughter LOVES it! She's only 8 months old but is teething something fierce and she has been going to town on it. I had to order two more because I fear she'll chew it down to the nubs in a week.

I'm not suggesting it is not a well made product mind you, just that our daughter and her pair of razor sharp teeth (she's chewed lines into hardwood!) might make mince-meat of it. ;)

All in all, happy baby = happy parents so we are VERY pleased with our purchase!
on October 10, 2017
I bought this banana for my little sweetie, because she started teething and her hands always in her mouth. And we went through so many different teethers but my baby's mouth is so small that none of those feet in it comfortably for her. So I decided to give this banana a try! It's just perfect! It's pretty thin so my baby can comfortably put it in her mouth and chew on it, and it's really soft all over! We just love it! Most perfect teether ever! And of course the design is simply cute! Highly recommend to give it a try!
review image
on August 25, 2015
My daughter loves this toothbrush and so do I! It's soft yet durable and I never worry about the bristles breaking off. You can tell just by holding it that it's made of high quality materials. We use it with a tiny bit of Babyganics watermelon flavored toothpaste in the morning and at night. The pediatrician says that her teeth look great. So far so good!

She also loves that it's in the shape of a banana. When it's tooth-brushing time, she grins and squeals, "ahhnana!" (banana) =)

UPDATE: Some of the bristles on the top of the brush fell off one day as I was letting my daughter teethe on it, but I have a feeling if I was just using it as a toothbrush it wouldn't have happened. This is probably not meant as a teether the way the baby banana can be. I'd just keep an eye out for this. The bristles are so small that they are unlikely to lose a choking hazard, but you can't be too careful.
on October 17, 2017
He goes to town on this thing every time he's cutting another tooth. 10 teeth in, and this thing is still doing its job. I check regularly for cracks (to make sure he doesn't ACTUALLY bire the top off) and the bristles are worn to nubs, but no cracks yet. When he's really struggling and uncomfortable, we rub his gums with a little orajel and get this out of the refrigerator. This little banana when cold is sweet relief to his sore mouth. Wish we'd had one with the first two babies!
on December 29, 2016
Bought this for my son who is 6 months old as a stocking stuffer. He goes crazy over it. The rubbery material is very soft and the bristle end feels great for them to chew on. He is just using it at a teether since he doesn't have any teeth yet but it definitely helps his sore gums. I really like the "handles" on the side. It lets him hold it easily on his own. He did have to learn not to put the entire end in his mouth causing him to gag, but be have tried key teethers, gel teethers, the giraffe, and others and so far this is his favorite!
on April 21, 2017
My 4.5 month old baby LOVES this teether. After I washed it with soap and water, she immediately put it in her mouth and started gnawing on it. It also did not have a plastic smell. It was smaller than I expected, but that's a good thing. The size is perfect. The handles are perfect for her to hold, and there's no part of it that I'm scared will go too far into her mouth. Based on other reviews, I made sure the package said "Made in the USA". It does collect debris pretty quick, but I just rinse it off often and it's good as new.