Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Top Contributor: Babyon July 17, 2017
 Got the baby banana and Cornelius. Both are good, but my baby is small and her mouth is small. For her size, the baby banana works better than Cornelius. All other teething toys were too big to fit in her mouth (necklace beads, giraffe, Kiki the elephant, etc) the only thing that worked previously was a small rubber tipped spoon we got from the hospital at discharge. But the banana is perfect! Cornelius is slightly larger and will probably be good for when she is 6 months old (works now also but she likes the banana better). She's currently 5 months old and about 17-18 pounds. Banana and corn photos both attached for size comparison.
review imagereview image
64 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 29, 2015
I followed the warning of other reviewers and ordered the single (not 2-pack) to get a genuine made in USA item. It was great and my baby loves it! So much that I ordered a second. This time I got the low quality made in Taiwan version despite ordering a single item. The item appears opened and taped shut! That's unacceptable this is for an infants mouth. On top of that it seems cheaper, the volor is different, and the bristles are thinner. I can see how parents could be worried they would break off. I'm not sure if one is new and one is old, but the USA version has a patent number on it where the other says patent pending.

Amazon quickly replaced the item for me with the correct version. It still gets five stars because the genuine item is excellent and Amazon has great customer service. Photos included showing made in USA item on the right.
review imagereview image
454 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
Dental Hygienist here!
As you can imagine, I was SO excited to buy my baby’s first toothbrush. This particular one is probably the most popular one I have seen around, so I obviously just had to try it. Here are my thoughts:
Pros: excellent teether—baby took to it right away, easy for baby to hold, durable material, good size, would need to double check but pretty sure it could be sterilized (boiling water)
Cons: not really effective for plaque removal—the bristles are made of really thick rubber and thus, are not fine enough to really pick up much plaque.
We will use this more for training/teething purposes than for anything else at this point. 4 stars for those purposes! For an actual toothbrush, I would give it 1 star.
15 people found this helpful
on February 1, 2018
My baby LOVES this teether!! I bought it for him when he was 3 months old (he started teething around 2.5 months) but it was hard for him to hold things since he was just starting to grab. This banana teether was very easy for him to grasp and put in his own mouth. The grip is great, it's very ergonomic for a baby and I love the feel of the silicone. Other teethers he would only use for a minute or so and get fussy or frustrated, but this teether can keep him occupied for awhile! Also sometimes if he's getting fussy while biting it, I'll take it and just gently brush his gums with the end and he loves it, sometimes he laughs haha. I've also gotten so many comments & compliments on how cute he looks chewing on his little banana.
I now recommend this to all moms that have a teething baby to at least try.
6 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Babyon August 29, 2016
I'm actually glad we got cornelius instead of the banana. The corn has a lot of texture in addition to the bristles because of the little kernels which helps our daughter get used to something bumpy rubbing against her gums. We gave this to her at about 5 months old. She'll smile and open her mouth when we say, "let's brush your teeth." She finds it enjoyable so hopefully this helps with the transition to a real toothbrush when her teeth come in.

Also, buyer beware. Only purchase this if it is shipped and sold from amazon. We got a fake baby banana the first time from a third party seller that took a while to arrive because it shipped from China! The seller would not issue a refund either when we wanted to return and did not approve of our review with pictures calling out that it was a fake.
9 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2016
Five stars, for sure! Great as a "toothbrush" as well as a teething toy, and the handles are super easy for my 7-month old to grab and grip.

The corn is a little different than the banana, as you can see in my image. The corn's handles are larger and thinner than the banana, making it a bit easier to grab onto but flimsier. The sticking out part is longer and straight rather than curved, which makes it slightly more flexible. The corn kernels are bumpy and the bristles are shorter. Baby absolutely loves both!
review image
15 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I purchased this item when my baby was around 6 months old and started to sprout her first bottom tooth. She was fussing nightly, chewing on anything and everything including my face and herself. This was my second teething purchases right after Comotomo Comotomo Silicone Baby Teether, Orange and before Nuby's Teether Nuby Silicone Teethe-eez Teether with Bristles, Includes Hygienic Case, Pink, and my thought and comparisons are as below -

Nuby Teether -
PROS:
The container wins me over for this purchase. Cute, compact, looks expensive in its carrying case while cost about the same if not cheaper when compared to its competitor such as Comotomo. With this case, I never have to worry about storing this teether inside a ziplock bag or lugging around a clunky box for storage, the carrying case packaging is small, petite and little enough for me to throw into my purse when we are out on errands. This is a huge plus as far as taking one step ahead of the game in term of packaging.
Another plus for this item is the ergonomic design of the fish shape. The opening fits my little ones hand perfectly when she tries to grasp it at 6 months old, and it still fits her perfectly now that she’s 8 months. It is flat enough that she’s able to pass it from one hand to another without it dropping, and the grip is ultra comfy. The bristle curve is perfectly designed, dipping down on the center allows her to maneuver biting at one edge and slowly working her way to the other edge, a huge plus as far as mobility goes.
The main bristle area itself is super soft and flexible, it is hard enough to massage her gum, yet still gentle on her little teeth.
The teether is also sterilizer safe, which is great.

CONS:
There really are no negative comments I have on this item, but if I have to name one minor area for improvement it would be its ability to stay frozen longer. I often keep this teether inside the fridge before giving it to my little one, and I do find that it would turn room temperature instantly within a matter of 1 to 2 minutes. It would be great if this can stay cold for a longer time.

Comotomo Teether -
PROS:
This teether wins me over with its cool design, happy color, and my love for Comotomo products itself. Sterilizer safe, which is a huge plus. Aside from this, it does have a few areas in need of improvement.

CONS:
The grasping opening area is a little too large for my little baby’s hand. She will grab it with both hands and sometimes will still manage to drop it.
The four fingers (or the carrots as we would call them in our home) are not my favorite design feature in terms of functionality. I have noticed that when my baby sticks one end into her mouth for chewing, the other finger or fingers would be jabbing into her nose or other areas of her face. This is quite alarming as I can never give her this toy and step away for a minute knowing that she for sure won’t poke harm to herself. Another issue I have with these “carrots” is that after a prolonged period of chewing these, she will end up gagging and throw up all over herself, as this may have been too deep inside her mouth and causes a gag reflex and out goes all the feedings from the last 2 - 4 hours.
The last issue i have with this item is the silicone material itself. It is very hard in my opinion despite the “soft hygienic silicone” label.

Baby Banana Teether -
PROS:
This teether wins me over with its adorable design. Is my baby eating a banana or brushing her teeth? It is too adorable to walk away from the item so I had to buy myself one.
Sterilizer safe, which is another bonus.
The grasping point is perfect, my baby would hold this as a practice point of getting her used to the sippy cup handle. Huge plus.
Cute vibrant colors, very adorable design.

CONS:

The bristle head is too hard in comparison to that of Nuby’s Teether, and the banana head is once again too long. My baby would put the thing in her mouth and started gagging and throwing up.
3 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Babyon November 5, 2017
This has been the perfect teething toy for my baby boy! The material is a more rubbery, flexible, silicone-type plastic than baby's other toys, which makes it very comfortable for him to chew on. The "banana peel" loops on either side are perfectly oriented for baby to be able to hold on and chew on the brush area. He has been enjoying this toy for months, since before his first tooth and now working on tooth #6! The toy seems very durable, and I think it will last even through him nibbling on it with his sharp teeth. It is also small and easy to transport, so it is a good one to toss into the diaper bag when you need a quick teether/toy on the run.

I know this toy is also marketed as a training toothbrush, but we have not ever used it for this. (The rubber bristles just don't feel like what a toothbrush would feel like -- they are much thicker and stiffer.) But I love the toy just as a teether.

The one con of this toy is that due to the softer silicone-type plastic material, it is somewhat of a magnet for pet fur and dust/lint. This is made worse when you add baby drool to the picture -- it just picks up everything. (And I have a clean house that I vacuum regularly.) Usually I end up just needing to rinse the toy in the sink 1-2 times a day if he's using it.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon May 15, 2018
Got this for my 4 month old who is teething pretty badly right now and this is her favorite teether. I love how adorable the corn is! I'd never seen anything like it. The corn is textured so it feels good on her gums and doubles as a gum brush to keep her gums healthy. The green husks on the sides are nice handles for her to hold onto to put it in her mouth, but they are pretty thin so I do worry eventually they'll tear. There's even a cute happy face on the front of the husk! So cute I bought one for my pregnant friend's baby.

The only downside of it is that it's the type of material that makes it a virtual hair and lint magnet, so if you drop it on the floor at home, make sure to clean it and inspect if for hairs before giving it back to the baby.
One person found this helpful
on September 19, 2017
I have boughten two of these in the last two years. First one our son fed to our dog (don't worry the dog is ok). So we ordered another one since it was doing a great job helping him teeth. This one I'm very disappointed with. The little bristles are falling out into his mouth leaving him not wanting to use it any more. He's two.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful