Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Style: Bendy Ball|Change
Price:$4.88+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,939 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,272 reviews
on March 11, 2013
There are eight exposed screws on this Baby Einstein product - I am going to attach a photo to show them. While our adult fingers can't get in the rattle's holes to grasp or scrape against them, the placement of these screws is easily reached by tiny baby fingers. My daughter has already gotten her fingernails caught in them once which caused her some pain. Terrible!

I purchased this Rhino Toys one instead which is much better as it is one-piece construction, also soft plastic easily grasped by baby hands - baby loves it and I love it. http://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Toys-81031-F-Oball-Rattle/dp/B00188XW26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363012209&sr=8-1
on January 23, 2015
Highly disappointed I ordered the baby Einstein bendy ball I didn't get the baby Einstein bendy ball I got a look-alike not happy with my purchase there is a bell in it and it is quite annoying it looks very cheap
review image review image
on May 22, 2016
Baby likes playing with this but it's not her favorite toy. I do have a theory that every American baby has the same 10 or so toys, and this is definitely one of them, probably because it's easily available on Amazon and it's a lower price than other sensory toys. A good development toy that won't break the bank. I wish it were a little softer and more pliable, though. Would be a good option for travel as the ball is smaller than other developmental toys Also, the price is so reasonable that you can buy a couple and keep one at the babysitter's or grandma's house. I hope this review gave you some insight into the product, if so, please hit YES at the bottom of the review where it says "Was this review helpful to you?"
on November 19, 2015
My son does not play with any toy for very long, so I have to constantly change toys to keep his attention. This toy is a great addition to the collection of toys to keep him from crying. :)
review image review image
on January 1, 2016
*****UNSAFE***** DO NOT BUY FOR YOUR BABY.

Please do not purchase this item, it is not a safe toy.

I do not believe it is a genuine baby Einstein toy for the following reasons;

1 - The ball I received was unpackaged, and there isn't a Baby Einstein brand stamp anywhere.
2- The caterpillar does not look like the one in the photo, it is a cheaply made replica.
3 - This toy is NOT suitable for children as it has exposed screws and very sharp edges.

This item should be banned from Amazon and I have reported it.
The "Baby Einstein Bendy Ball" is sorta misnamed - it really does bend! However, our daughter loves to grab the ball and bang it against everything that is near her (our poor dog!). We mainly use it while we are in the car - the Bendy Ball fits nicely in our daughter's lap..

Pros-

- Perfectly sized for small wandering hands. Our daughter can easily grab the ball but NOT get her entire hand stuck inside the ball.

- The ball inside the ball acts as a rattle. It also grabs the attention of our cat, but that is a separate story.

- Brightly colored - once she gets older we will play the "Point to the red/blue/green/yellow game.

- Is light enough that it doesn't hurt her when she bangs herself in the head.

- We have not found in sharp edges - I know one reviewer mentioned this, but they may have receieved a bad bendy ball.

- Despite all of the cut-outs and the Baby Einstein logo the ball will roll - which makes it a fun crawling toy.

- Not that expensive

Final Verdict - While I would not say that this is our daughter's favorite toy - she does enjoy playing with it and for the price it is a welcome addition to her toy box.

4 1/2 stars
on October 22, 2012
I bought this for my daughter who is 3 and a half months old. She loves it! I rattle it and she opens out her hands to get me to give it to her, grasps it with both hands, and tries to put it straight in her mouth. Its so cute. She likes the colors and the ball inside. The blue and red mesh are soft rubber (For when they bonk themselves in the head with it). But, the caterpillar that wraps around it is hard plastic (Ouch). But I haven't seen her hurt herself with it so I'm sure it's fine. Overall great product for this age.
on November 24, 2015
This came in the mail fast, but is not bendy. There is no flexibility in this toy whatsoever, and I am hesitant to let my toddler play with it because my toddler has started to throw things in the air, and it is hard enough to possibly hurt him when it falls. I enjoy that it has a rattle inside though, that will be nice when he gets older and is more interested in the noise.
on October 13, 2015
Just got this ball and was shocked to see 8 exposed screw heads on the inside of the smiley band. The risk of one coming loose and being swallowed by Baby is a big concern (I guess that's why even soft toys have embroidered, not button, eyes nowadays!). Am sending the ball back.

With a return request, I was asked to photograph the packaging etc to make sure that this ball was indeed theirs (manufacturer DS-11 from China), and then they asked if a 50% refund was okay. I wrote to tell them that on principle, 50% is not okay as their product is unsafe for children. I've trashed the ball (and forfeited the 50% refund) and asked them to improve their design and hide those exposed screws.
on August 20, 2016
The title is misleading; this is really more of a hard plastic. It doesn't bend. However, it's designed in such a way that small fingers can hold it when the baby is just beginning to reach for things. My 5 month old grandson likes it, and that's good enough for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.