Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis bourne Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Style: Bendy Ball|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,808 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
**Please see my update at the bottom of my old review.

My twin 9-month olds, like all babies of that age, love to show when they're displeased by throwing something. When they try that with the Bendy Ball, most of the time they forget why they got upset.

This cute thing can be bent while holding and you can put your fingers inside it. Plus the ball inside that you can't quite get out has a little ball inside it that sounds like a bell almost. If you want to throw it to show your displeasure at something, you'll end up putting your fingers into it first. Those distractions are priceless.

By the time baby finally rolls this ball, it is with a positive frame of mind, and she wants it back to try again.
I can see that this durable little toy is going to be used in many ways and constantly. It's a lot of fun to roll their way and see how they try to figure out what to do with it.

Beyond that, the colors are great. The 5 outer caterpillar parts on diameter are cute. I think this is an educational toy that teaches about hand manipulation.

**Update 11/23/2013:
Wow, has this toy changed! One look at the photo and it's obvious it changed. It now looks like a cheap hard plastic with a shiny surface and less intricate shape. What I got and my girls enjoyed back in 2009 was a denser non-reflective rubber-like toy that wouldn't hurt if it were thrown by one toddler at another. My twins threw it at each other and nobody cried. I had this at 5-stars because it deserved it at that time.
55 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
There are eight exposed screws on this Baby Einstein product - I am going to attach a photo to show them. While our adult fingers can't get in the rattle's holes to grasp or scrape against them, the placement of these screws is easily reached by tiny baby fingers. My daughter has already gotten her fingernails caught in them once which caused her some pain. Terrible!

I purchased this Rhino Toys one instead which is much better as it is one-piece construction, also soft plastic easily grasped by baby hands - baby loves it and I love it. http://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Toys-81031-F-Oball-Rattle/dp/B00188XW26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363012209&sr=8-1
review image
on January 23, 2015
Highly disappointed I ordered the baby Einstein bendy ball I didn't get the baby Einstein bendy ball I got a look-alike not happy with my purchase there is a bell in it and it is quite annoying it looks very cheap
review image review image
on October 13, 2015
Just got this ball and was shocked to see 8 exposed screw heads on the inside of the smiley band. The risk of one coming loose and being swallowed by Baby is a big concern (I guess that's why even soft toys have embroidered, not button, eyes nowadays!). Am sending the ball back.

With a return request, I was asked to photograph the packaging etc to make sure that this ball was indeed theirs (manufacturer DS-11 from China), and then they asked if a 50% refund was okay. I wrote to tell them that on principle, 50% is not okay as their product is unsafe for children. I've trashed the ball (and forfeited the 50% refund) and asked them to improve their design and hide those exposed screws.
review image
on September 23, 2009
I like this toy because my almost 6-month old son can easily grab and hold on to it. However, he's at the stage where he wants to put everything in his mouth, and he tends to get frustrated becaues this doesn't really lend itself to being chewed on. I think he'll like it more when he can play with it like a ball, rather than trying to use it as a teether.
on April 17, 2011
I bought this product from amazon last month. If I was shopping anything from amazon, I always get a couple of toys for my twin baby girls. After seeing the almost five star Baby Einstein Bendy Ball and reading all the good comments about it, I decided to get it for my 3 mons old girls.

I was happy to receive the toy after two days of free shipping, and just like the picture online it's a colorful and interesting toy. I was anticipating it to bring new sense stimulation to my girls.

However when I opened its plastic bag a HORRIBLR PLASCTIC SMELLING came out. It smelled like stink cheap plastic material. This definitely made me concerned about giving it to my babies. I tried everything to get rid of the smelling. I washed it with soapy water several times, used hot water rinsed it, put it in the freezer to kill the smelling...you name it...but the smelling is still there. It is so stinky that I don't even want to touch it afraid of poison.

I really liked the design of this ball, and if the company uses a better material I would possibly love it. But now I have to throw away this toy because it is not safe for my babies.
on September 23, 2016
This was a Christmas give to my youngest grandson. It arrived on time and in perfect condition.

If you found my review helpful please click the yes button.

About my star ratings:
* 1 star – Don’t waste your money this thing really isn’t worth the hassle of opening the package it came in and is a piece of garbage
** 2 stars – Meh, the product is ok but eventually it will be trashed and isn't worth bothering with.
*** 3 stars – The product isn't great but it isn't complete garbage either /react-text
**** 4 stars – The product is great! Has all the features I want but has a few flaws and is a great price (The actual price not the discounted price)
***** 5 stars – This product is awesome and I don't know how I lived without it.

I believe in leaving 100% honest reviews after personally testing a product because like others I too rely on individuals leaving honest reviews when purchasing products.
on May 22, 2016
Baby likes playing with this but it's not her favorite toy. I do have a theory that every American baby has the same 10 or so toys, and this is definitely one of them, probably because it's easily available on Amazon and it's a lower price than other sensory toys. A good development toy that won't break the bank. I wish it were a little softer and more pliable, though. Would be a good option for travel as the ball is smaller than other developmental toys Also, the price is so reasonable that you can buy a couple and keep one at the babysitter's or grandma's house. I hope this review gave you some insight into the product, if so, please hit YES at the bottom of the review where it says "Was this review helpful to you?"
on July 4, 2015
I wanted my baby to like this toy because in theory it's a great idea. I gave this to him at 5 months and at 6 months it still doesn't get played with too often. It's also led to quite a few head bonks and for whatever reason the hard plastic side is always what ends up hitting him on the head. But it's easy for him to get ahold of and makes noise so maybe he will like it later on. It's honestly not a bad toy, just not one that my son in particular enjoys.
on February 20, 2016
This ball was just a little smaller than I expected. It isn't a bad toy but I just had something else in mind when I ordered it.
The colors are bright and vibrant and the little ball on the inside, that makes noise, keeps the baby interested.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.