Baby Einstein Around The World Play Gym (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Star-shaped marqee toy features lights and melodies from the Baby Einstein World Music DVD, and can be taken on-the-go
- Each section of the mat features a different region of the world and features real-life and character imagery from that region
- Additional gym toys include: Large baby safe mirror, discovery cards, Panda rattle, Parrot plush and teether
- Mat is machine washable and folds easily for travel or storage
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Panda provides the black red and white stimulation though she hasn't gotten into him much as yet, and she loves the mirror as well. I was back and forth between going with the fisherprice rainforest or the tiny love gemini, I decided on this one particularly because of the removable/portable world and I'm very happy that I did!
I have to disappointingly say the the globe has stopped working! I thought the batteries needed changing, but I've put in new ones and it seems as though the product has malfunctioned! A real shame too because my daughter loves the globe! Rating was 5 stars, but the globe quitting on me is of course a HUGE problem.
EDIT 22.1.2012 We end up receiving a replacement for the globe, we end up with a second one of these mats, and I find it disappointing that the top is now a 'smiley face' rather than the old glove, luckily my globe still works so I've been using both!
2. Mat- Very plush. Could be slightly larger, but still a great size overall. The pictures on the mat are great- real life photos are mixed with the corresponding cartoon animal.
3. Music Toy- Wonderful songs- I believe there are 7 in all. Two different levels of sound and two options for music- continuous play or motion detected. However, the continuous play goes for maybe 5 minutes and then you have to get up and flip the switch 'off' and then 'on' to make it go through the songs again. Sort of annoying when you are trying to go to the bathroom or take a shower and you have to run out to turn the music on again. The blinking lights in the middle that correspond with the music it's playing, teach rhythm and keep my son's attention- until it turns off, that is.
4. Toys- There are an abundance of toys that go with this mat. Unlike any of the other mats on the market, you can move the toys around (there are about 15 different hooks on the mat that you can move the toys to.) The panda has gotten the most play time so far- it is the longest and therefore the closest to my son's hands when he reaches up. It's very cute and has some rattles inside. The two chips with animals on one side and the world map on the other make an intriguing noise when banged together and are thin enough for an easy hold. The hanging world rattle is great when baby is a bit older. It scares my son as of now because it is slightly louder than any rattle he's played with before. It is super cute and has a good hand-hold for when he becomes interested. The mirror is obviously plastic, but has a great image.Read more ›
This mat I am completely disappointed with. I thought it would at least have the same light up star but the star has terrible uninteresting music and only lights up green and yellow which is totally boring. Also they made it so the toys only stretch over the very middle of the mat instead of the 4 corner type of deal that was on my last mat. If I don't lay the baby just perfectly then the toys are out of reach.
I don't know what they were thinking with this mat.
6:1:11/ 4 month old. Doesn't really care about this very much anymore. i will continue to try it, maybe he will like it at some stage. maybe i just got the little one who is more interested in dollar store colorful windchime than a $50 toy. :) Hope you aren't that consumer mom then, like me, and waste your money.
With my son we had another Baby Einstein ocean style playgym and it had a music box that hung in between the arches (on the side) so it didn't allow it to fold up and collapse like this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Purchased this item for my daughter 2 yrs ago. My infant son is now using this and it is still in perfect condition. Easy to clean. Read morePublished on December 9, 2013 by Lacey
Got this for our newborn and he loved it. Actually, his 3 and 5 year old siblings like it as well. Our "newborn" is now 2 1/2 and still has the panda bear from it that he... Read morePublished on February 10, 2013 by C. Mauro
I was gifted this play mat for my son two years ago and I have fond memories of him waking at 3:30 in the morning (between roughly three and six months old) for tummy time on this... Read morePublished on February 5, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I've ordered this item a couple of times for baby showers. New moms love them and tell me they use them everyday.Published on December 29, 2011 by S. Belle
I really like this mat a lot and so does my little girl. She LOOOVES the star/sun thing that plays music. Read morePublished on November 12, 2011 by Brynnlux
I bought this for my son who is now 4 months old. He loves watching himself in the mirror and to stare at the sun which lights up different colors.Published on November 4, 2011 by Butterfly
I lay my 3 month old on his Boppy on this pad and he Loves it! He watches the light up musical sun and just kicks and kicks. Read morePublished on October 14, 2011 by Brittany