Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 6, 2016
My clingy (cuddly, sweet) one month old LOVES this. I've only had it a few days, but so far it's bought me back some freedom. Normally I can't even set her down long enough to go to the bathroom without hysterical tears. This morning I got to sit next to her peacefully folding laundry while she entertained herself kicking and reaching for toys.

I searched quite a bit before picking a play gym, this was the most brightly colored inviting one I could find that also had a soft cushy mat (why are so many baby toys muted colors? Infants can't see them yet!!).

We'll see how it holds up but after two days, I highly recommend it
18 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2016
One of the best purchases I made--I bought this when my twins were 3 months old, they're now over a year and still playing with the toys. When they were younger and used it as a gym, they loved it (especially the puppy, mirror, and the donut rattle toy. The music in the sun was a little jarring to me at first, but it mesmerized them immediately. Now that they're older, they still love the mat and all of the toys (all separated from the gym). I had thought, once they didn't need to play on their backs or do tummy time that I'd be done with the whole thing, but, I was really happy to find out that they still love the toys (the frog and the mirror are big hits now, but they still play with all of the toys now--making it really a great purchase (it and other gyms were so expensive that I wasn't sure about purchasing them, but now, after all this time, I realize it was such a great choice). I also purchased the Bright Starts Safari Activity Gym and the Tiny Love Sunny Day gym, my kids still play with all of the toys, but as far as the hanging toys go, the Baby Einstein ones are their favorites overall, and there are more of them than the Bright Starts gym and are much more interesting than the Tiny Love Gym (I'd still buy all three--kept the variety going, but if I could only choose one, it'd be this one--though the musical tiger in the Bright Starts one is even more mesmerizing to the kids than the Baby Einstein sun). If you're on the fence about this gym, I'd say get it, I've gotten much more mileage out of it than I ever thought, and my twins are showing no signs of getting bored with the toys a year later.
11 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2018
I bought this for my son when he was only four weeks old. At that point, he couldn’t do much, but he liked staring up at the toys (as seen in the first attached pic). This was important for me because he was about to go through eye surgery for a cataract in his right eye at eight weeks. He had little time to practice using his eyes together before one of them would permanently lose a lens and never be able to focus the same again. Despite the handicap, my baby had no problem following and cooing at the toys. After surgery, he got a contact that only gives him near sighted vision in his right eye while the left is perfect. Due to worry the left could dominate and take over, we have to make my son wear eye patches over it daily. That leaves him with the right and only near sighted vision, but it’s the only way to work his weaker eye. This play gym has been excellent for keepin him entertained because as you can imagine a baby is none too happy to have his good eye covered with a patch. We have to do all we can to keep him distracted so he’ll use the weaker eye and not rip off the patch.

Now at more than three months old (as seen in the second attached pic), he’s graduated to batting at the hanging toys. We’ve added more to change it up since there are extra spots for that. The mat is also excellent for tummy time. Gives the baby a safe and washable surface to scoot and move. This is one toy that’s worth the space it takes up and will last for months to come.
review imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2017
This is really cute and my baby granddaughter is intrigued with all the hanging items.She'll lay on her back and grab for them and then flip herself over and check out the pictures on the mat. It keeps her busy for quite a while and helps her with her dexterity.
7 people found this helpful
on February 16, 2018
My son loves this. He just stared at it at first because it's so colorful, and he loves the light-up star. It got him to start playing with toys and reaching for and grabbing things. We also use it for tummy time, and I take some of the toys with us when we go out. My only complaint is that it almost hurt my son when I was unpacking it. I didn't realize that the arches were in the box under tension, and when I cut one loose it sprang open. It would have hit my little two-month-old son pretty hard if I had cut it on the other side instead. I think it might have said something about this in the instruction manual, but there should be a note right on top when you open the box.
3 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2018
I watch my granddaughter 3+ times a week and purchased this for her. She loves the objects hanging as well as the items below. She's only 5 months and enjoys trying to grab the objects. It is very well colored to keep her attention and wipes pretty clean because she drools quite a bit. I appreciate that she's not bored when she interacts each time.
2 people found this helpful
on November 26, 2016
This is a great baby play mat. It has several loops to hang toys on the arches and a loop on each side of the mat. You can easily re-arrange the toys for variety to keep your baby interested and engaged. The toys that come with the mat have many baby-safe parts, and my baby loves finding different parts to touch, grab, and chew on. My only small complaint is that the musical lighted star does not seem to play for very long (less than 10 seconds); however, this short music encourages the baby to problem solve how to turn it back on (by hitting/moving the star). Overall, this is a cute and colorful play mat for a good price.
One person found this helpful
on January 13, 2018
My daughter has one of these so we got the same one for our house for when we babysit. My two month old grand daughter really likes it. It comes with some pretty good toys but she is really little so we put her favorites on it for her, the ones with big eyes she can focus in on. Later on the ones that come with it will be more age appropriate. My daughter's has already been through one baby and still looks brand new for this one. A really good product.
on February 7, 2018
My 2 month old son loves this. It keeps him entertained and helps him develop his coordination. The musical sun can be on constant play of music or have it set to go off when the baby bumps or moves one of the dangling toys. Only complaint is that it is not very sensitive so my 2 months old has difficulty getting it to go off, but I am sure in a couple weeks he will have more strength and no issues with getting the sun to start singing.
on April 20, 2013
This was some of the best money I spent on baby toys! My daughter used this from a few weeks old until she was sitting up and crawling. The mat is now put away, but the toys are still played with. The star is AMAZING! I don't know what it is about it, but she loves. As a baby, she would just lay there and smile and coo at it. As a toddler, she loves watching the light flashing and listening to the music. My 3 and 5 year old will snitch it from her and play with it. I put the star on the carseat when we were out, the pack and play to soothe her to sleep away from home. She is 15 months and still walks around playing with it. The music is soothing and enjoyable to listen to and not too loud. The mat is fairly sturdy and so vibrant and colorful. Tummy time was spent propped up a little bit with her starting at the mirror and grabbing the stuff on the mat. The other toys are also exciting for her and she still plays with them, too, especially the teething toy.

I bought this for my twin nephews as well. One loves it as well and with lay there grabbing at the toys, but the other one doesn't like to be stuck there.

This is so well worth getting. It folds up to nothing to store away. I would slide it behind a chair, the swing, or the couch when she wasn't playing with it. It is the most attractive of any I have looked at. Definitely recommend.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.