Top critical review
Falling apart after little use
on May 31, 2012
We received this play mat as a gift. My baby really does enjoy laying on it, kicking around and staring at the multi-colored striped bar. Sometimes he'll stay on it so long the music box stops playing! There are, however, several thing I don't like about this mat.
1. The music box broke after only a few weeks of use. The music would only play for a few seconds and then stop. Also, the motion setting never worked. Baby Einstein and Kids II were great about sending me out a replacement ASAP though. The motion setting doesn't work on the new box either, but whatever.
2. The whale pillow is too slippery. My baby slides off of it every time we try to use it.
3. My baby gets his arm stuck in the teether attached to the octopus often. I'll probably end up cutting it off.
4. The "flash cards" that come with it are pretty cheesy and useless. The stickers would get nommed off in about 5 seconds if I gave them to my baby (when he's old enough, that is).
5. The mat doesn't really lay flat. When I put it on the floor, its always a bit bunched up because the bars don't fit on it nicely. I'd also appreciate if this folded up to be put away. The other baby gear takes up so much floor space in our living room, it would be nice to be able to stow this away when not in use.
All in all its not a bad mat, just not what I would have picked if I'd been given a choice. My baby enjoys it though and thats what really matters. If the music box breaks again though I'm sending it back and getting something else.
The music box broke again after less than a week of use. Also the nylon material on the bars is showing a LOT of wear and tear down by the feet. This is being returned.