Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 281 reviews
on February 17, 2009
I was very disappointed with this product compared to the Tiny Love gym. The fabric is cheap, the music is a dumbed-down version of the classics, and the whale pillow slides out from under the baby. The accessories on the gym leave much to be desired. Do your self a favor, don't get sucked in by the marketing gorilla that is Baby Einstein. It's just mass-produced, on-the-cheap, make a profit on new parents, mediocre merchandise.
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
I chose this playmat because of the positive reviews. I was disappointed. I received a Tiny Love playmat as a gift, and I highly recommend it over this one. My biggest issue is the cheapness of the material--both the feel and the images. There's little threads hanging out all over it. It's also more complicated to put together compared to Tiny Love. The hanging toys are mediocre at best. There's one rattle my twins really enjoy so I actually tranferred it to the other playmat.
on January 19, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my baby cousin and he loved it. He would lay on the mat for hours when he was younger.

It is very well made. The mat is really soft so it is comfortable for babies to lay on. All the parts have stayed intact and it has held up very well.

This play mat is so cute! The sea animals and bright colors help to stimulate baby's mind. The animals are very realistic looking.

This was an excellent deal and was much cheaper than other stores. Overall I'm happy with this product.
on April 16, 2011
My son is three months and the first time I layed him on the mat he loved it. The lights and hanging toys keep him entertained and teach him how to reach. He loves all the bright colors, music, and toys. I would buy this product if I have another baby. Great buy. :)
review image review image review image
on February 17, 2014
Joseph loves to hang out on his Baby Einstein Ocean mat. He seems to be enchanted by the bright colors and spends time pulling himself up by the plastic handles. The turtle is his favorite and we take it with us when we travel. We highly recommend this product.
review image
on July 15, 2015
We got this for my daughter when she was a few months old to stimulate tummy time and I'm happy to report that this activity gym really grew with her. After she was able to roll over, she loved trying to grab the octopus and different rings while laying on her back. She also loved looking at herself in the mirror (yes she is a bit conceited!) and it was fun to help her discover all the possibilities of this gym. She didn't really use the whale because it would always slip from underneath her, but later on she did give it a good beating once in a while so we still got some use out of it :P It was an excellent purchase and I will definitely use it for my second child due in November.
on March 10, 2014
I like this play mat a lot, but I thought I would like it more. I was torn between this one and the rainforest one with the giraffe. I chose this one because of all the additional toys, I think I like the rainforest one better.
on May 31, 2016
Spent hours and hours with my baby playing on this mat. It is extremely cute and useful for a lot of milestones. My baby first lifted her head on this matter, sat up on her own, and crawled. It is a wonderful, fun addition for any mother of a baby.
on June 13, 2014
We got this for my son to learn to play and interact and he loves it.

It is so good at entertaining him that we got another, so that my in-laws can have one at their house for him. The toys can all be re-arranged in any way that you would like, to create new or more challenging play environments.

This one has great sound quality as well. I have an older model and this one, and the sound is much better from this one.

The only caveat to this one versus the older version, is that the older version is more sensitive when you set it to the "shake" setting (where your kid can hit it to engage music or change music). This version takes a more substantial "thump" to get it there.
on December 22, 2013
Activity mats are out grown very quickly, but I sure got good use of this one. The octopus was his best friend for months. It's easy to clean, just throw it in the wash which is very important cause it will get spit up on it frequently.

Now that he has outgrown the play mat, he still plays with some of the little toys the mat comes with. They are nothing special but he seems to enjoy them.

The one problem I had with this was the electronic light flashy thing. It's kinda dumb. It doesn't light up very well, and the battery drains really fast. My son didn't seem to care for it so we just didn't use it.

The Killer Whale prop pillow is nice for tummy time, but didn't get a huge amount of use, but that isn't really a big deal.

I would buy this again for sure if I had to, but even after tons of washing and lots of play it's in great condition for our next baby to use.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.