Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Size: Pack of 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 7,408 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,888 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 28, 2016
I bought this toy when my son was 5 months old. This is so far his favorite toy I got for my baby. I'm glad I bought this because he is surely happy with it. His music gifts were inspired, giving him fantastic feelings, offering him different explosions. There are 7 classical songs from Mozart, Chopin, Vivaldi, and Rossini, and he never get tired of hearing. He loved this at 5 months old and still loves it now at one year old. In addition, this caterpillar bead chaser handle is so cute and fun, making it easy for little hands to hold. It is very good quality because my son chew on the toy without it broken. This toy has brought a lot of joy to my baby. High quality toy at an affordable price. It’s worth buying if you have children.
44 comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2008
This little "radio" is very cute. My 7 month son loves pressing the buttons to turn it on and change the music and he likes the lights too. However, it does end up on the floor a lot! LOL - Even my 4 1/2 yr old daughter loves it! The music is classical music that you know from the Baby Einstein videos. The volume is a good level and not annoying at all. The music is soothing and you don't get sick of hearing it like some other baby toys. I would recommend this toy.
22 comments| 305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 16, 2016
This has been a lifesaver since day 1. We used this in the car to keep our little girl entertained when she would get fussy it always worked. We also keep this handy for doctor visits also been a big help with distraction during shots etc. My daughter loves trying to grab it, and the handle with the beads on the side is another fun aspect.

PROS:
- It's not annoying. The music is actually nice. It plays a bunch of different classical tunes
- It has lights that flash in different colors along with the music and is easy to operate. You just need to push the big middle button and the songs start up, so it's very easy for even a small child to operate.
- The toy also has a volume control button and an off button which is essential for any toy that makes noise.
- It's pretty small, so it's nice and portable, doesn't get in the way, but big enough that we are not constantly losing it (like a pacifier).
- Great for teething and great quality.
- My daughter is 1-year-old and still loves it.

CONS:
- Probably designers should get rid of the four-color wheel on the controls. Since the device plays four songs, I thought (and perhaps my baby does too?) that a different song would play depending on which color is pressed. In reality, it's one button.
- It was really hard to press the button when my baby girl was 4-month-old. The button shouldn't be sunken in--it should stick out.
- The speaker is on the bottom of the device. When baby puts it down, the song is completely muffled. The side speaker would be better.

Otherwise, my baby is mesmerized.
review image review image review image
on August 27, 2016
It is one of favorites to give to expectant and new mothers. My daughter in law used it during her final trimester for all 3 of our grandchildren. The babies recognized the tunes in their first few months. Of course, they are too young to hold, carry or push the button to change the tune, but babies certainly are drawn to the twinkling lights. When they were old enough they loved pushing the button themselves. And I love that it plays classical music.

In the picture, you can see it in the top corner as my 9 wk old granddaughter gets love from her 6 yr old brother. As a matter of fact, that is his Take Along Tunes, 6 yrs old, working like the day it was purchased!
on January 4, 2017
Received the item promptly. However, color paint smeared all over when wiping it with a wet towel. I sure hope it isn't toxic, and I'm glad I found out before letting our child play with it.
on August 12, 2011
because of the great reviews and I wanted my 12 mo old daughter to like it. She LOVES to push buttons on her toys to play music so I thought this would be great for her to carry around. But when she got it, she played with it for about 5 minutes, then tossed it aside. We've had it for 2 weeks now and she occasionally presses the button for the tunes, but I can tell its not her favorite toy.

Few things I wished it had:
-more buttons to press. I think having just one big button to press gets boring for my daughter.
-the volume has two settings. Soft and VERY soft. I strained a little to hear the melodies on the lowest setting. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind another setting for medium.
-songs. Yes, I know the product description is for classical TUNES. That's why I can't ding the Take Along Tunes for that. I looked at buying Fisher price Laugh and learn music player Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Music Player but didn't because its more then twice the cost of the Take Along Tunes. However, if my daughter doesn't show anymore interest in it, I may give this toy to my 1 year old niece and purchase the Fisher Price Music player to see if my daughter enjoys it more.

Also, the lights that light up to the melody of the music are SUPER BRIGHT at night! Bright enough to light up my baby's face and car seat!
on March 10, 2013
Our ten month old loves this toy. He uses the handle as a teether and rattle, and also likes listening to the music. The volume is perfect (not too loud), and the songs are pleasant, even when you are hearing any of them for the tenth time that day. The songs are just music, no words. The cutest thing is when our son puts it up to his ear and sort of sways to the music :)
We have had this for about three months I think, but it is only in the last month that he has really shown an interest in the music part - he has loved chewing on it since we got it. It is the perfect size for little hands, and apparently the caterpillar head feels good on teething gums.
on February 28, 2017
Nice little toy to keep your little one distracted. Babies love bright lights! I brought this toy to my daughter's 6 month appointment to distract her while she was getting her vaccinations. Four shots in the thighs and she barely noticed. I also used this to encourage my daughter to roll over when she was 4 months old. She sees the flashing lights and hears the music and she turns toward it. I wish the button in the middle was easier to press or maybe light up so the baby would know that's where they need to press to get the toy going.
on January 13, 2016
My son got this when he wad about six months old. He's almost 2 now, and still loves it. Even better than that, I can hear it going all day and not be annoyed! It plays several different songs, so there's variety, and I enjoy the classical music it plays. My son loves looking at the lights that blink. It's definitely durable, which is always a good thing with babies and toddlers. I actually have two of these. One for the house, and one for the diaper bag to keep him entertained while we're out. I recommend this to anyone with a baby or toddler! I include it with most of my baby shower gifts now.
on June 1, 2015
Bought this for my son before he was born, thinking it would be a great toy in his early baby days. I was completely wrong. He didn't hate it, he would press the button and listen to the music for awhile, but it didn't catch his attention for very long. Then all of a sudden, around 20 months, he rediscovered it and it's a daily staple in our household. He cries if he can't find it. "Moosic, Moosic" he cries out! HIs favorite thing to do is to set it on the couch, push a button and then dance to the song. And when it's over, repeat the whole process.

As a parent, I love that it has not only an on/off function, but volume control as well. The songs are fun and upbeat classical melodies, and the colors move to the music. The colors on ours are now starting to rub off from the near constant use over the last 6 months. An amazing purchase, so if your child doesn't love it right away, try again!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.