Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on March 2, 2012
Each page of this book has colorful pictures of baby animals. I like that it made reference to the different names of the baby animals in comparison with the adult name (goat/kid, cat/kitten etc.) I felt like my kids learned something and they definitely loved the pictures. I wouldn't expect this book to have a plot line as it is a very basic reader and is factual in nature. Both my 2 and 5 year old enjoy reading it.
This Level 2 reader has more words for the young reader. Each page features a different animal, telling what the name of the baby animal is and something about it. For e.g. "A baby goat is called a kid. These kids are waiting for their mother."

Other animals pictured in their natural surroundings are:
Foal * Calf * Chick * Duckling * Kitten * Lamb * Piglet * Puppy

The pictures are adorable and the writing is clear, a sure winner for budding readers. It really goes without saying that this book is great as a read aloud also to young children.
on January 8, 2013
I love this series of books. Not only are the pictures nice and big, but the text of the book has enough information that you feel good about using it to teach your child. My kids love these books and this one was just as great. Recommended.
on January 5, 2013
My first children's book on my Kindle. Picked it up for my granddaughter's enjoyment, she is 2. So far she is a little too busy to appreciate a book on a Kindle. She wants a book in her hands, and I'm not quite ready to hand her my Kindle Fire.

Truthfully, I'm thinking of getting a basic Kindle for kids books…but haven't quite decided yet, because the color aspect of a Kindle Fire really brings a little book like this to life.

At any rate, it is as good as any children's book about baby farm animals is, and is charming on a Kindle Fire.
on March 14, 2012
Baby Farm Animals by Cindy Bracken ASIN: B006M1TKDO
Illustrated and very colorful book about baby farm
animals.
It not only tells you what the adult animal is called
but what the baby animal is called.
on April 12, 2014
My two year old grandson loves this book. but then, who doesn't love baby animals. When he's older I'm sure he will like it even more.
on August 17, 2014
I thought this book was very cute. I loved the real life pictures and the real words that went along with the pictures. It said calf instead of just baby cow. So the book is informative as well as adorable.
on October 25, 2012
I got this for my son and it is so cute. The pictures are great and the writing is simple and clear. Perfect for reading to babies while pointing out pictures and also for toddlers and beginning readers. I thought the photographs in this were particularly adorable. I stopped and" awwwwed " at some of them. Very cute.
on August 19, 2012
My 3 year old LOVES this book. So much that she has pretty much memorized all the words in the book. The pictures are so cute and the words are simple for a child to understand. I am sure that this will be a learn to read book for her in the near future!!
on January 14, 2013
My son has had some trouble reading, and this book he loves, he is able to read the words.
The animals and the great color in the book catches his attention. I would recommend to anyone with a early reader...or even a preschooler looking at the pictures...so cute.