Baby Jogger Car Seat Adapter for City Mini / City Elite (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Allows you to use your car seat with your stroller until your baby is strong enough to be placed in a stroller seat
- Designed to fit several popular car seats including, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, Britax Companion, Maxi Cosi and most Graco and Evenflo car seat models
- Hold infants up to 20 lbs. and less than 26" tall
- Compatible with any Mini, Elite and Classic single strollers and works with car seats
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The bar must be installed such that it will lock in the seat. You won't hear a click because the bar is a little too small, but it does lock the seat in place.
The belt click must be used. I originally set the belt straight up and over the top of the car seat, but felt that it left no room for the baby to sit in the seat. The sales person at buy buy baby showed me that the belt must not be straight, but must hook around a ledge which holds the seat in place and doesn't interfere with where the baby is sitting.
Finally, the seat is set back underneath the canopy of the baby jogger mini stroller which adds extra protection.
One afternoon, I put my son in the seat/stroller while I brushed my hair. I didn't strap him in since he's 3 months and doesn't even roll over or sit up yet. I heard a crash and he was face down on the floor. The seat had flipped over and only stayed connected on the far end. We spent the weekend in the hospital and my son suffered a hematoma. Worst weekend of my life.
1. Still Folds up great when attached to the City Mini--lugged this through airport securities all over the country and fits going thru the x-ray machine.
2. Easy to take off if you want to just use the stroller without the car seat adaptor
3. Allows for versatility when using the City Mini
4. The actually bar is sturdy however...
1. The plastic buckle that keeps the car seat extra secure, broke within 3 months of use. It was still partially attached so I didn't return it and since you don't run with the car seat in place, I wasn't too worried.
2. Pricey, for what it is. Thin aluminum bar and plastic.
Since I LOVE my City Mini--this was a MUST for us...it really has allowed us to be able to use the infant carrier or just stroller as she got older. Although we still use the attachment because we live in a condo and it makes it easier for us to transport our daughter to the car if we have bags or anything. Really, it just needs to be made from more durable materials or at least drop the price by $25.
It looks like it would be so easy to have bar for the car seat to snap into.
This thing is way over priced and poorly designed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have the Baby Jogger City Mini Single stroller (not GT) and the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seat and this adapter does not work! It's TERRIBLE! Read morePublished 12 months ago by Luke Morris
Works great with our mini city jogger. Only challenge is making sure it clicks in fully or it will shake loose. Our Viaggio car seat doesn't fit perfectly. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Cheryl Smith
I actually have no idea how this works. I'd have to ask those freaking breeders and I have no interest in spending time with them now that they have a drooling sand bag they cart... Read morePublished 19 months ago by BFrank
Was great while it actually worked. Went to clip my daughters car seat into the adapter and the whole thing snapped right at the red part that attaches to the stroller and broke... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Kate
Worked perfectly for the first kid, then one of the plastic pieces broke. There are 2 of these plastic pieces so the thin still works, just not clipped in as well on one side, but... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Rebecca O.
Manual says it fits Graco Click Connect Car Seat and it doesn't!Published 21 months ago by Kathleen Cornell